Sign in to follow this  
Fashion Police

False Profiles???

Fashion Police

Lately I've had a couple of 'new' users / buyers bidding or buying my items and NOT paying.

It's so easy to open a fake user account with false information...

Sometimes I wonder if it's the same person that just keeps opening a new account and "buying" just to annoy me or to jeopardise potential sales?

All good and well, block the buyer...but, they can easily come back as "someone else" from "somewhere" else.

It is such a mission to keep filing SNC's - it's a two week period procedure and in the meantime potential sales may be lost.

What annoys me even more is if there were users watching the item before it was sold to a non-paying bidder/buyer.

Is there anyway that BoB can trace IP addresses? Or atleast just retrieve an IP address? I think that way we will be able to tell which IP addresses keep creating BoB profiles?

qball

Unfortunately IP addresses are unreliable at the best of times particularly if the user spoofs IP addresses or uses proxy servers.

qball

Stipulate payment times, for example, payment within 72 hours, if payment is not received within that period, relist the item or make a personal offer to the runner up, then file the SNC after 7 days for the first buyer.

It is unfortunately impossible to vett or verify every single user that signs up.

SProducts

A few months back I had a similar situation, a buyer won a lot of my crazy auctions and didnt pay. The following week another buyer did the same and I am almost sure it was the same person, why they did that is a mystery, maybe they were revenging.

Seeds for Africa

I have had a few lately. What really gets me, is when the buyer appeals on day 6 of the snc thereby extending it by 7 days. What dont they understand about "The sale is cancelled - You have been blocked and any payment made will be refunded. Please dont pay!"