Sign in to follow this  
Cheetah10

All bids deleted and item relisted by seller??

Cheetah10

I cannot remember at what "relatively" low bid I opened the bidding on this item (+- R80)??..... at least 2 weeks ago...... I was subsequently (progressively) chased up (at R10 increments) and decided to call it a day at R380.......

The auction closed today at 15h31....... after which I first received an e-mail saying that the bidder above me was deleted and I am now the leading bidder at R260.......

Dear Ludwig,

You previously bid on the auction 37010749 offered by kleinhond (1005 ).

Bedoelde Land deur F.A. Venter. (Product Code: 001748)

A bid placed by another bidder has been deleted from this auction and the auction has been re-evaluated. Your bid is currently winning at R260.00.

Just moments later, I received another e-mail from Bob, to inform me that my bid has also been deleted by the seller....

Dear Ludwig,

We regret to inform you that your bid has been deleted from the auction 37010749 offered by kleinhond (1005 ).

Bedoelde Land deur F.A. Venter. (Product Code: 001748)

The reason given was - Seller wants to relist the item as there is an error in the current auction description.

At 15h45, the same seller relisted the same item, with the same discription starting the bid at R140.....

Whatever error (if any) there was in the original description is repeated...... and was definitely not misleading as I, and everybody else bidding on this item knew exactly what we were bidding for.......

I have checked the rules for deleting bids, but cannot find one matching this situation......

You can delete a bid only under the following conditions:

• The bid price is unrealistically high compared to the previous bid.
  • The bid price is above the recommended retail price of the item.
  • The Buyer has placed bids on multiple similar items.
  • The Buyer has asked for the bid to be deleted.
  • The Buyer has not fulfilled any of your previous auctions.
  • The Buyer has received negative feedback previously from another Seller for non-fulfillment.
  • The Seller has dealt with the Buyer before and Buyer has not fulfilled the previous transaction.

He has good ratings atm, but I do not think this action is conducive to good relations with buyers (Unfortunately, I placed another bid on one of his items closing at 18h15 today....... I am currently leading the auction, but I hope someone will outbid me).

Edited by Cheetah10

Seeds for Africa

I suspect that the seller did not have the item, and then when the auction closed, it was automatically relisted. I see that listing has now been closed too.

Cheetah10
I suspect that the seller did not have the item, and then when the auction closed, it was automatically relisted. I see that listing has now been closed too.

Nope Gamu....... That relisted item is still very much alive & open for bidding, closing on the 18th (and "redhot") - see below....... IMO, he previously sold this item for R680, and this round..... it just fetched R390 at the close..... hence the reason he looked for a reason to close it and relist it......

View Bigger Image

bidorbuy ID: 37572773

Current Bid

R150.00 (No Reserve)

Min. Bid Increment

R10.00

Open From

9 May 15:45

Ends On

18 May 15:45 (Extends with late bids)

Item Condition

Secondhand

Sellers Product Code

Top of Form

Your Maximum Bid

(Enter R160.00 or more)

Quantity

Bottom of Form

View other bids Shipping & Payment Recent Ratings Ask the seller about this item

Seller

kleinhond (1006 )

100.00% positive ratings

Located in Jeffreys Bay

Member since 01 Mar 2007

Check the seller's ratings

View all the seller's items

Bedoelde Land deur F.A. Venter.

EERSTE UITGAWE, 4 DE DRUK, 1975 "EX LIBRARY" MET AL DIE GEWONE MERKE, SAKKIES, STEMPELS EN TAPE.

HARDEBAND MET OORSPRONKLIKE STOFJAS

BOEK IN REDELIKE GOEIE TOESTAND.HIERDIE EEN IS DIE SKAARSER EEN VAN DIE VIER IN DIE REEKS.

Spot a Problem? Notify Community Watch!

To Top

Shipping & Other Charges

R25 for each item under 1 kg. This is more or less up 2 regular size books unless otherwise specified. No insurance covered in this postage fee. Standard parcel only. No shipping outside RSA. Items with more than two books will have specified postage on the description page. Multiple sales can be combined to save postage. Please enquire if you have any questions.

Payment

EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). Direct deposit of cash into account.

Buyer Feedback for kleinhond (1006 )

Swerwer- sprokies deur P.J. Schoeman.

06 May 2011

Goeie verkoper puik - by frikvlieg (67 )

W.H. COETZER 80

05 May 2011

Dit is wat kuns lekker maak, mense soos julle,behulpsaam en vriendelik. Laat weet maar as daar weer iets is,dis nie my laaste koop nie. Dankie - by ALTYD SOMER (36 )

Koos du Plessis digbundels x 2

05 May 2011

exellent seller ***** - by artstuff (35 )

Seeds for Africa

I am sure bob will look into this. Its strange that someone with over 1 000 sales @100% ratings over 4 years does this. I clicked on the link in your mail, therefore suspecting it was the second ad! My mistake!

Cheetah10
I am sure bob will look into this. Its strange that someone with over 1 000 sales @100% ratings over 4 years does this. I clicked on the link in your mail, therefore suspecting it was the second ad! My mistake!

Ha! Ha!... Gamu!!!.... you've just mentioned all of the reasons why BOB will NOT look into this..... (this item is closing tomorrow)

mellowred

Hi Cheetah, your seller may be innocent. The listing is different. Closed one says 1968 1st edition. New listing is 1975 1st edition 4 print.

Cheetah10
Hi Cheetah, your seller may be innocent. The listing is different. Closed one says 1968 1st edition. New listing is 1975 1st edition 4 print.

Mellowred....even if you look at ALL the reasons (and the only reasons) why a bid may be closed (as specified by bob rules copied in my first post of this thread -).... "faulty listing" is not included as a valid option..... especially if the item was listed for 3 weeks and you made no changes during that period, but only after the closing of the auction..... I am sure that everyone bidding on that specific item knew exactly which book they were bidding on and did not care 2 hoots which edition (or year) the book was...... we all just wanted the book.

qball

We will look into this, no matter what your ratings are!

qball
We will look into this, no matter what your ratings are!
Actually a faulty listing is a valid reason but the Help page was not updated, it has been updated, but we will still look into it.

mellowred
Mellowred....even if you look at ALL the reasons (and the only reasons) why a bid may be closed (as specified by bob rules copied in my first post of this thread -).... "faulty listing" is not included as a valid option..... especially if the item was listed for 3 weeks and you made no changes during that period, but only after the closing of the auction..... I am sure that everyone bidding on that specific item knew exactly which book they were bidding on and did not care 2 hoots which edition (or year) the book was...... we all just wanted the book.

Hi Cheetah, sorry but I have to disagree with you on this one. With an old book, the year and edition can make a difference to the value.

qball

I am afraid Mellowred is correct. Now with the new Consumer Protection Act, descriptions must be 100% accurate. From what we can see the seller changed both the year and edition, these are material differences with regards to the item being sold. This may appear suspicious, but due to the fact that the description has in fact changed, the rest is mere speculation.

Levity01

I have just had exactly the same experience on another seller. I have reported the event and will wait a day or so to give them a chance to reply but seems very suspicious to me. The item was a camera and the bidding price was exceptionally low compared to shop price, in other words a real bargain, too good to be true. I would not even have bothered if the seller did not have good references on site but I think they pulled it which is not fair, our bids are legally binding sellers should be bound too. Maybe the clever guys have found a way to get out of the deal if they don't get the price they want.:sad:

Levity01

Still no word from BoB?:notrust:

qball
Still no word from BoB?:notrust:

Apologies, sometimes when there is no suspicious activity the security team do not always respond. The seller contacted us on the 25th, quite some time before the auction actually was due to close to ask to remove the item as it was faulty. Whether this is true or not is difficult to establish but the seller did inform us first. I am sorry this was not conveyed to you.

Kind regards

Cuan