Sign in to follow this  
hannesdv

What am I to do?

hannesdv

Hi there, on 13 April 2011 I placed an order with "louvaine" for a fake camera. On the order (3727005) I changed my shipping adress to Post Office Shelly Beach and also left a message in the message box for the seller to please make sure it's sent to Shelly Beach. At the end of the day the item was shipped to Pretoria. I then contacted the seller and told them that the item was shipped to a wrong adress. All that the seller says is that it is not their problem because they print the shipping adress once the auction closes.

That I cant believe because I dont think the seller would do that before payment has being made.

I e-mail seller and even give her a bad rating, but then she just turns around and says it not her fault but mine.

What should I do now to get the item sent to the right adress?

And does the "change shipping adress" on bidorbuy actually works or not, because this seller does not even look at it.

Thank you

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hello Hannes

I understand what happened and it is a pet hate of many sellers.

Most seller download their sales at the end of the day in excel format for processing, unfortunately this download does not include the buyer's notes and those are often missed if a seller does not look at the order directly.

Sellers have requested the BoB technical team to please add an extra email so that we are made well aware of any changes to the order, such as addresses, but this has not yet been implemented.

But, the seller is able to help you as I have done it for buyers on several occasions.

All the seller needs to do is contact Track and Trace and get the telephone number for the post office that the parcel was sent to.

She can then phone that post office and ask that they re-direct the parcel to the correct post office, there will be a delay, but it is possible.

The seller needs to do the phoning as she is the sender and they require the tracking number as well.

I have had to do this three times in the last three months for buyers changed addresses and all of them have received their parcels at their preferred post offices.

I hope your dilemma is solved successfully.

hannesdv

Hi Tananka

Thank you for your feedback.

I understand the prosess better since you gave me your explanation. This seller also told me that he/she would phone the postoffice to see if they could redirect it, but now I don't hear anything from them. I think its just a simple case of poor after sales service. I always pay within 1 or 2 hours after an order has been placed, so I guess I just want the same speedy reaction from their side :)

Thanks for the feedback

ziggy2000

Hi Hannes, I agree with Tananka, it is difficult for sellers to remember all the e-mails and requests sent by buyers. I had a buyer change his address last week and he did e-mail me that his address will change so I must hang on before sending. He phoned me 2 days ago to let me know that his address is now updated. When I printed his address yesterday, luckily I remembered that he is now in .....town, and noticed that it was still showing the old address, so I phoned him to get the new address. He claims he did change it and I have just checked, it is still showing the old address. So yes, change of addresses can become a nightmare.

TS Ron

I actually email an buyer and ask if it is the correct email address before we mail to make double sure of the address. Surely you have an tracking number for this item.. Contact the post office customer care enquire from them what happened to the parcel. It should of been sent back the buyer if it was not delivered surely.

RAG Auctioneers

We have over 100 orders a week and all details, including shipping details are downloaded immediately after the auction closes.

Notes are often missed.

The best thing is to email the seller.