Sign in to follow this  
jinxster78

Acceptable Time period for buying items

jinxster78

How long must a dude wait? Understandable it has been a holiday season so response to buy now items could be slow.

However in another case, we have an item (second hand WII to be exact) it is on auction and it ends at 23.45pm Sunday 1st May 2011.

The following day at 7.25am I paid for the auction via bobEFT and received my notification.

If the item is second hand... it generally means you have it in your possession and are not ordering from another entity. If it is an auction, you know it will be a guaranteed sale at the end, so if you make the auction 23.45 on Sunday, by Monday 7am you know it will be sold. If you are unable to assist that day, why not make the auction close when you can assist. Alternatively in cases where major catastrophes happen ... (my apologies the seller has died) -> this really happened with one of my purchases at least try and make some effort to let people know there is a problem as we are all worried about fraudlulant activity.

A short working week may seem like a short time to wait for a tracking number, but it is a long time for someone to dissapper on you...

In the terms or the ad, there is much relating to, "you must wait", but it only specified purchases made on Wednesdays, not Sundays and nothing about, "you must wait for me to respond".

Could it be that paying via bobEFT induces a delayed payment back to the seller meaning I must wait longer? Maybe my seller is too scared to tell me that. eg: he doesnt have the transport money since it lies in BoBs account... (not that it is very big) and also it wouldnt make sense since the seller could request payout at any time.... and if he logged in at 8am - 9am he could of had it the same day...

A pity BoB doesn't make sure there is at least a tracking number / rating from buyer before allowing payouts.

Alas a week has now passed and no response from the seller. What should I do from here?

jinxster78

Thank you! Forwarded about 3 minutes ago :cool:

lilythepink

@jinxster78 - as a seller I do not experience any delays with sending off buyers' items because they paid through BoB eft. In fact, this is usually far quicker than waiting for them to pay directly into my bank account.

There is absolutely no excuse for slow delivery of items which are already in the hands of sellers. That's my point of view and I'm sticking to it.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Yes, I agree.

The only thing that could possibly cause a problem is if the buyer used an incorrect reference, but if that's right, no reason for a delay

jinxster78

Ok I have to bring this back up. Quite dissapointed actually. This sale is still not complete.

Log:

1 May: Auction won

6 May: Tried to contact seller heard nothing

8 May: Started this thread still heard nothing

9 May: Forwarded correspondence to BoB Community Watch

11 May: Received tracking number

13 May: Received package (transport cost was more than quoted so, feel sorry for the dude -> but *** happens on R1 auctions, I been there too)

14 May: See if thing is working, discover no AV cable (ad said all cords included -> maybe I misunderstood) Everything else is working

14 May: Send email for seller

19 May: No reply so send it to BoB Community Watch

23 May: No reply from either, except for please rate the seller from BoB bump my thread...

So it seems to me, complaining in the forum at least gets BoB CW to respond... this is bad.

Overall I must say between Gumtree, smokoo, BoB... BoB is always the one I am the most afraid of. Cause here it is like, everybody is friends and running businesses based on 'friends' and 'good ratings'.

While we b***s*** ourselves into thinking this means safe, it just means longer delays.... if it we Gumtree, would of gone to his house, kicked his head in and so be it. Here we walk around congratulating people for being slow and BoB indemnifies itself with, 'ooo lot of sales', but yet.. we will respond to you in 48 hours....

Please delete that 48 hours.

I'll write my loses off on this one since it isnt so bad, I may actually be ahead... but the ad did say... all cords...

My vote: Just delete the ratings idea, it makes buying and selling on BoB a poker game.

lilythepink

I cannot agree with the request that ratings be deleted. They serve a really good purpose 99% of the time!

jinxster78

Ok some good news!

Log:

1 May: Auction won

6 May: Tried to contact seller heard nothing

8 May: Started this thread still heard nothing

9 May: Forwarded correspondence to BoB Community Watch

11 May: Received tracking number

13 May: Received package (transport cost was more than quoted so, feel sorry for the dude -> but *** happens on R1 auctions, I been there too)

14 May: See if thing is working, discover no AV cable (ad said all cords included -> maybe I misunderstood) Everything else is working

14 May: Send email for seller

19 May: No reply so send it to BoB Community Watch

23 May: No reply from either, except for please rate the seller from BoB bump my thread...

25 May: Seller contacted me, apologised and said will send me cable.

31 May: Got tracking number (speed services)

02 Jun: Arrived at my PO

03 Jun: Collected cable

04 Jun: Give posiive rating. And play Wii Sports / Wii Play. :cool:

Reason for positive rating.

1. Complaining worked without real evidence.

2. Seller over delivered in the end, Wii Play was never included in his ad.

3. Courier costs were about R120 and he charged R50, so good on him there.

4. Sometimes in the bad sale beginnings it is how you recover.

5. I would buy from dude again.