Sign in to follow this  
OScrapKits

Slow month???

OScrapKits

I have a few R1 auctions open and only 1 item being bid on. I've also had one item sell twice now and not been paid for. Starting to wonder if it's generally a slow month or if perhaps for some reason my items are not as viewable as before? Never had such a low "take" rate on anything I have sold on a R1 auction. A year ago I was coining it selling second hand items. This year slow slow slow... Perhaps I am just too desperate trying to sell all this stuff before we move...

lilythepink

Slow month? You are being very polite indeed! I would call it a "sh*t" month so far. lol.

OScrapKits

Okay so it's not just me... Hubby thinks it has something to do with Kalahari opening their second hand trade section... I don't know... Have tried to use Kalahari and didn't like it at all... Nowhere near as user friendly as BoB... And no R1 auctions I think... My "day" job's company has been slow this year up until now but with hunting season starting that is picking up, however second hand trade is still bizarrely slow!

lilythepink
Okay so it's not just me... Hubby thinks it has something to do with Kalahari opening their second hand trade section... I don't know... Have tried to use Kalahari and didn't like it at all... Nowhere near as user friendly as BoB... And no R1 auctions I think... My "day" job's company has been slow this year up until now but with hunting season starting that is picking up, however second hand trade is still bizarrely slow!

It's good news about hunting season. Please remember to PM me when you have some biltong available! Thanks

OScrapKits

I never get any biltong! The guys only come and buy their guns and scopes from us and never share any of their prize! So unfair...

JPBon

Slow month is an understatement I have been asleep between sales.

Wild Olive Art

I don't think Kalahari has anything to do with it , as you say , the site is not very user friendly and there are no R1 auctions.

My sales have been very quiet too and there is no art for sale on Kalahari. I think many people spent there money over the holidays on get aways and entertaining !

TS Ron
I don't think Kalahari has anything to do with it , as you say , the site is not very user friendly and there are no R1 auctions.

My sales have been very quiet too and there is no art for sale on Kalahari. I think many people spent there money over the holidays on get aways and entertaining !

Fully agree with you Wild Olive Art I am sure it shall pick once again.

daisyjewel

I think everyone spent all the their money - firstly on going away on holiday over all those long weekends and Easter etc. Then they probably tended to spend their money more at the malls and shopping centres in the holiday towns rather than shopping online. I think a lot of people are a bit short of cash at the moment and are waiting for the next month end to start spending again (we can always hope) :bigsmile:

OScrapKits

Well hip hip hooray, I have sold my massage chair and the huge carrier thing for the car my sister's ex-husband has bought, so finally things have shifted. As for my R1 auctions, if they don't sell I'll take them to charity... I was just really worried about the big items cos they were worth too much to dump but I didn't want to move them!

I really do hope sales pick up for everyone else after pay day... Hopefully with winter here people will be browsing online and buying lots and lots of goodies!

SProducts

Its a very bad month, sales are low and worse SNC are up. So basically even if you sell, chances of buyer paying are also slim. I also blame the holidays.

wayjen

FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!

Stop all the negativity put your energy into listings and or enhancing you listings. do something, doen iets!!!

We all go through these patches and we must not give in.

Little Miss Muffet

Sounds like everyone is buying and bagging:bigsmile: Wayne's listings.

At least someone is selling.

wayjen
Sounds like everyone is buying and bagging:bigsmile: Wayne's listings.

At least someone is selling.

Don't get me wrong Pammie I too have my off days when I get depressed with certain situations but I have a goal to achieve and both Jenny and myself are working hard to achieve that.

lilythepink

I am quite resigned to the fact that what will be, will be! But I still live in high hopes of May improving ...

SProducts
I am quite resigned to the fact that what will be, will be! But I still live in high hopes of May improving ...

I also think May will be better and June should be the best.

JPBon

I was thinking of beating the quiet and auctioning my vote in the elections, either individuals or parties could buy my vote.

lilythepink
I was thinking of beating the quiet and auctioning my vote in the elections, either individuals or parties could buy my vote.

But how to overcome the ID problem ...? I don't have a beard!

JPBon
But how to overcome the ID problem ...? I don't have a beard!

Its easy I go and cast the vote for you.

lilythepink

You'll have to come to Rhodes University to do that. Have you registered here? lol

JPBon
You'll have to come to Rhodes University to do that. Have you registered here? lol

I have my contacts I can organise.

lilythepink
I have my contacts I can organise.

I'll get your bed ready, then! What would you like for supper on 18th May?