Sign in to follow this  
meeks

Seller chemille - offline - virus

meeks

In desperation, the seller "CHEMILLE" made contact with me, and asked me to please post this and hopefully she will not get into any trouble with BOB and her buyers;

She has a vicious virus on her PC- "CLEAN THIS -TROJAN" (I am not sure what it means etc or does - she clicked on a link in an email) but apparently nothing on her PC is accessible, looks like she has lost everything, all data, everything.

She can not access her buyer's details,and can not communicate with them, and hopes she will be sorted by the latest Monday afternoon,(someone is trying to help her,and they have been trying to get her up and running since this afternoon)) but will keep updating.

lilythepink

What a catastrophe! I really feel sorry for "CHEMILLE" and hope that she manages to keep calm until all is sorted out!

meeks
What a catastrophe! I really feel sorry for "CHEMILLE" and hope that she manages to keep calm until all is sorted out!

I have had update from Chemille again last night. It seems like she will have Windows re-installed again.

She said what happened when she tried to access her personal files/data etc, she got the message; "file could not be found, it has been changed or does not exist" and she can not get onto the internet at all, there is just nothing, no email, nothing, which does seem like she has lost everything.

The email she clicked on (which initiated her problem) was an email, looked like it was from Microsoft, with a message, something about suspicious activity detected, and telling her to click on something in the mail to "Clean this"???. Well she clicked and from there her problems. It would not allow her to try download a new anti virus, it blocked her everywhere she tried to go on the internet, but told her to purchase something or other,using her credit card. She got suspicious, and entered the number of her expired card, and immediately she got the message "incorrect card number"

I am not clued up with this kind of thing, but how did "they" know she tried to fool them with a wrong number?, because if it was a genuine sale, and she put in the wrong number, her bank would have rejected the card in any case.

Sounds like a bit of hacking there as well????

Just my "novice" thought.

lilythepink

It seems like one just cannot be too careful? I'm also such a novice with computers that I think I must renew my Bit Defender Total Security licence which is now due! They are absolutely great folk - apart from "cleaning" my computer in the early hours of every morning, I can call them when I have something that tells me to do something. If they don't approve it then I don't do it.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Yes, this is typical threat activity, what these crooks do is they basically lock up the system completely so that you can't use it - they then hold you to ransom by trying to "force" you to buy their fake antivirus and when you pay, they then unlock the system or sometimes not.

Then they take your credit card details and sell it on an underground cybercrime market to the highest bidder or many bidders.

This is a huge business and rakes in millions for the crooks worldwide.

That is why we are always told - do not click on links in an email unless you know the person, and even then sometimes its still not safe - there are virusses spread by hacking people's email accounts so the person doesn't know it is sending virusses to their friends - this is especially common on facebook - the koobface virus.

If something comes from an official source like a bank - rather phone to verify or go directly to the website via the browser - not the link - to verify the email.

This is scary stuff and getting worse by the day.

It is also really important to have a good antivirus and anti-spyware on any PC and especially those used on the internet.

meeks
I have had update from Chemille again last night. It seems like she will have Windows re-installed again.

She said what happened when she tried to access her personal files/data etc, she got the message; "file could not be found, it has been changed or does not exist" and she can not get onto the internet at all, there is just nothing, no email, nothing, which does seem like she has lost everything.

The email she clicked on (which initiated her problem) was an email, looked like it was from Microsoft, with a message, something about suspicious activity detected, and telling her to click on something in the mail to "Clean this"???. Well she clicked and from there her problems. It would not allow her to try download a new anti virus, it blocked her everywhere she tried to go on the internet, but told her to purchase something or other,using her credit card. She got suspicious, and entered the number of her expired card, and immediately she got the message "incorrect card number"

I am not clued up with this kind of thing, but how did "they" know she tried to fool them with a wrong number?, because if it was a genuine sale, and she put in the wrong number, her bank would have rejected the card in any case.

Sounds like a bit of hacking there as well????

Just my "novice" thought.

Another update on behalf of seller CHEMILLE;

She says she used another computer this morning, got into BOB and set about sending her buyers messages via BOB. She got 2 sent,then the rest she tried she got 2 red rectangles on the page saying "AJAX" and another word, which she did not get to see properly, before her computer "Bombed" out again, and now she is sitting with the problem all over again.Apparently when she gets onto a website,within minutes, it kicks her off, and she has to try get back on again. Really confusing, for me anyway.

This sounds like one heck of a Virus, and her main computer (the one she uses daily) has now been taken away to be repaired.

If any of her buyers see this post, please be assured, Chemille is not dodging you, she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown with this problem, and she will get in contact with you the minute she is up and running again on BOB.

@Tananka- I mentioned to this seller the facebook virus you had mentioned in your reply to this post, and now she says "that is it", so whatever that virus does, it has done it good and solid on her computer

Pathway

Chemille is a really wonderful seller, I've bought quite a lot from her, and I'm sure her regular customers will understand. Good luck, girl, I hope your nightmare is soon over!!! xxx