Sign in to follow this  
MacMuffin

Sellers beware of phishing attacks

MacMuffin

I almost fell for this one. Sold some items on bob and as I was waiting for the buyer to complete payment I happened to get a "payment confirmation" from FNB (I don't bank with them).

"

Dear Client,

A payment has been made to your account. To view the details of the payment, please LOGIN. to view details.

If you have any questions or would like more information, email ibsupport@fnb.co.za or call our Customer Contact Centre on 0860 123 000

"

So be vigilant about emails of this nature (I was shocked that I almost let my guard down).

As usual - if you get any phishing emails, please forward them to our security team so that the guys can take actions against those people.

ziggy2000

I got a similar e-mail from Nedbank and I bank with Nedbank, but something didn't look right so I deleted it just to be safe. I would see payments in any case on the bank statement.

TS Ron
I almost fell for this one. Sold some items on bob and as I was waiting for the buyer to complete payment I happened to get a "payment confirmation" from FNB (I don't bank with them).

"

Dear Client,

A payment has been made to your account. To view the details of the payment, please LOGIN. to view details.

If you have any questions or would like more information, email ibsupport@fnb.co.za or call our Customer Contact Centre on 0860 123 000

"

So be vigilant about emails of this nature (I was shocked that I almost let my guard down).

As usual - if you get any phishing emails, please forward them to our security team so that the guys can take actions against those people.

I got one from Standard bank with the same wording. Everything seemed so genuine even the call centre number which was scary. The are brazen people phishing of lately.

OScrapKits

The scariest thing is, they actually copy official bank wording, in which some of the banks say "we would never ask you to click on a link in an email"

The only way to protect one's self is to be sure to read, read and read again and if you're still not sure SHIFT delete and permanently delete the email!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

I have been receiving a lot of emails lately about purchases from made overseas and c/c that has been used-If you open the invoice or attachment then a multitude of spyware is downloaded-Also they email you UPS tracking numbers and same story when you open the email-These viruses can be removed but even if removed stop your access to internet so you end up having to do a re-install-Vigilant at all times and simply delete these emails-They are sent about UPS numbers and some come from bobijou@yahoo.com so be aware.

NEIL