Sign in to follow this  
274mich

Beware of buying any camera equipment through Bid Or Buy -Eltoro

274mich

Beware of buying any camera equipment through Bid Or Buy -Eltoro --I am living a nightmare with them at the moment --bought a D7000 Nikon --still not received the goods --last contact with Eltoro was that the camera's had been caught in a storm and the boxes had got wet --can you believe that they where stupid enough to tell me that the expensive equipment had got wet but they had now packed it into dry boxes and where still wanting to send them out to the customers --bid or buy where not interested in helping --scary internet shopping

kyle2

This seller has the following gaurantee :

1x1_trans.gif" Warranty Type: Dealer

This package is covered by a replace/refund/repair warranty carried by Elt********ding, subject to the same conditions as would have been the case had it been covered by the manufacturer. "

I would seriously try and get a refund as soon as possible on the grounds of possible water damage to the equipment, also their ratings are not too rosy at 96%, warning bells should start going off at this point.

RAG Auctioneers

Hi Mich,

You eventually learn to know which sellers to deal with and which sellers to stay away from.

I have bought some very expensive things off BOB, and the transactions were flawless.

However I do stick with very high rated sellers.

Cali Craft and Gems

Something fishy going on here perhaps...

The "regular" Naboomspruit camera seller is Coza1Digital who clearly states in his listings that he has offices in Jackson, Tennessee, USA and in SA. Now this other seller has the same information?

By example, check out the following listings:

Coza: Lenses - 58mm MC Glass Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD) for sale in Naboomspruit (ID:36050754)

Eltoro: Filters - 58mm MC Glass Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD) was sold for R225.00 on 25 Apr at 11:46 by EltoroTrading in Naboomspruit (ID:35177718)

Identical, word for word, including images, shipping information, etc. Now I would trust Coza as he has had a long-standing reputation on BoB, but Eltoro? Either it is one and the same person (which I doubt), or someone is up to no good.

Could CW or Cuan perhaps look into this matter?

Seeds for Africa

Its probably a "business parter"!!! At least if you are going to have a "business partner" with his own account, get original and change the listings!

Cali Craft and Gems

I was reading through the negative ratings Eltoro has received and the one buyer refers to "Johan" - coincidence that Coza is also Johan? Mmmm...

Not1CentMore

I may be sticking my neck out here, but I can attest to the delays in shipping / damage to parcels shipped from the mid-South. If anyone has been following the weather this corner of the flat map, we are up to our eyeballs in water.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4676806/levees-blasted-to-relieve-flooding-pressure?playlist_id=86856

..and more water on the way.

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/168404/2/Flooding-forces-evacuations-in-West-Tennessee

This is in addition to the damage from back-to-back tornados.

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/us/2011/04/28/deadly-storms-tear-south/#slide=1

In Tennessee, the damage from tornados / wind / hail is not as great, but the flooding is beyond what most can imagine. Obama has declared a State of Emergency in the affected areas, including Tennessee.

I lost a lot of inventory from wind / water damage and have been scrambling like crazy to get everything in stock replaced and trying to track parcels. Neither one as easy as it sounds. Anything coming in / going out has been / is impacted and dealing with any government entity (USPS) is like pulling teeth out of the mouth of a toothless man. UPS is better, but even their service is not up to par.

This may be the same situation here.

It is awfully frustrating to a buyer to not receive his/her parcel in as timely manner as he/she would hope, but there are some things beyond a Seller's control...weather is but one. I am sure this seller is doing everything he can to get a NEW camera to you in as timely manner as possible.

Edited by Not1CentMore

Lukeness

Eltoro trading has also been around on BoB for a long time.

I might be mistaken or mixed u with another seller but I think were actually a father/son team (both Johan). Maybe one is Coza1 and the other Eltoro.

There's always a chance of storm damage on international transactions like these. I've heard horror stories from someone who used to fly freight for DHL. Basically all your parcels are dependent or the airport staff and often things are routed through some real 3rd-world countries. Fragile or weather sensitive packages could quite easily be left outside in the middle of a storm, halfway through loading when they rush off for lunch or tea time.

EltoroTrading

Now this is the other side of the story:

My name is Johan Smal. I'm the owner of EltoroTrading. Coza1Digital is a CC of which my wife is the only member. We are married with an antenuptial contract which means that we are two separate legal persons, and Bidorbuy is aware of all this. I am the administrator of the Coza1Digital account and in return she manages shipping of items for both accounts through her business The Post Shop. I also own a 90 seater restaurant called Bosveld BBQ Pub & Grill, famous for the outstanding buffets I personally cook as a hobby. I also own a newspaper Die Limpopo Nuus and publish a monthly advertising booklet Die Koopgids. Then lastly there is our tracing business called Tracernet. As can be seen we are quite busy people and for that reason we do not frequent the forum as we did in years gone by. We've been trading on Bidorbuy for many years, and I was the first person to successfully run a photographic business on Bidorbuy, totaling sales of many millions of Rands per year. Separate accounts are run for taxing purposes, as we each generate our own income. All imports are done legally through The Post Shop, which has an open import permit and all taxes are paid, unlike most other "importers" who partner with a Chinaman in Hong Kong or somewhere, who ships purchases directly to buyers and marks them as "gift" to dodge import tax and leaves the buyer to pay "handling fees" charged by the couriers.

As far as warranty is concerned we are lucky enough to be able to offer the same warranty as any manufacturer, and any person who has bought from us and needed warranty coverage can testify to the after sales service they received. We also have corporate customers who buy their photographic equipment through us. No equipment that has a condition known to us has ever been shipped to a customer, as it would be very foolish to ship only to have to pay for return shipping when the customer becomes aware of the problem.

Now as far as Mr 274 Mich is concerned the following:

He calls us stupid, but he tried three times to place an order, and we eventually blocked him and had to help him sort out the mess that he made. All this was done very patiently. Shipping time and conditions are very clear on our listings as we do not try and fool buyers into placing an order with a 5 to 7 days shipping promise, only to have to disappoint them. Normally our shipping time allows for just about any mishap to be rectified, but sometimes even that is not enough as is the case with this consignment. Our consignments normally include equipment for quite a number of orders, and all equipment is individually wrapped in bubble wrap before being carefully packed to ensure a safe journey. We use double boxes, which are also wrapped in heavy duty brown paper and then taped. In this case the wrapping was wet, but moist did not even penetrate to the inner box. That means that nothing inside was even damp, or we would not have shipped it.

Edited by qball
Personal comments removed

Cali Craft and Gems

Thank you for clarifying matters for us all Johan. As long all is in the clear and no-one is "ripping" you off (I only knew of your Coza account and thought someone was trying to imitate you with Eltoro).

I understand about the terrible weather experienced in the US of late, and trust that your buyer finally "gets a grip on things" to acknowledge that you go out of your way to make sure all is well. Ultimately we as sellers have to deal with "all sorts of people" including the more blunt crayons in the pack from time to time.

Send my regards to Ina, and let her know that her choccies are definitely missed on BoB too! :)

Vinyl Lady Decals

Now, you see, there are always two sides to every story, its amazing how a seller or two sellers in this case can be vilified without people knowing all the facts.

This is why I generally don't comment on these types of complaints simply because we don't know all the facts.

Personally, I think that people should pause a little before making judgmental comments, especially about a seller like this who has been well established on Bidorbuy for many years

JPBon

People should be very aware that when shipping things from overseas is concerned some very strange things can happen. I have had a container go to something like 24 countries before reaching us that took around 18 months. Reason being that on the shipping documents the address was something like Cape Town, South America. We had lots of fun chasing and tracing that container. I also had a container vanish completely, the ship apparently lost about 10 containers overboard in a storm. Try explaining to customers that the reason an item is out of stock is not due to your negligence but that strange things do happen.

lilythepink
Now, you see, there are always two sides to every story, its amazing how a seller or two sellers in this case can be vilified without people knowing all the facts.

This is why I generally don't comment on these types of complaints simply because we don't know all the facts.

Personally, I think that people should pause a little before making judgmental comments, especially about a seller like this who has been well established on Bidorbuy for many years

Thanks for putting my thoughts down so perfectly, Tananka!

And I take my hat off to Johan/Coza/Eltoro for being so open and honest with us all! Bless you.

SA picker

I would seriously try and get a refund as soon as possible on the grounds of possible water damage to the equipment, also their ratings are not too rosy at 96%, warning bells should start going off at this point.

I think an apology would be in order. I have bought from Johan before and never had a problem.

TaLamia

I know from personal experience that Johan is an amazing seller, and extremely helpful. I echo Tanaka's sentiments.

kyle2
I think an apology would be in order. I have bought from Johan before and never had a problem.

I stand corrected, thank you Johan for the post, glad to see that all is well and hope that all was sorted out.

As far as post # 14 goes, this is where ethics comes into play, definitely ayoba!.:wink:

Edited by kyle2