Sign in to follow this  
RAG Auctioneers

Advice on selling Antique items (The real deal)

RAG Auctioneers

Hi Antique forum members :bigsmile:

We are receiving some very expensive, rare and genuine antique goods that are going on our auction (happens on the Crazy Wednesday auction for those not familiar with our RAG Auction) sometime at the end of the month. The items are apparently worth thousands.

Never have sold items of a similar nature, we are looking for any advice you guys have. The seller has complete faith in me that we will obtain a price at least near to what they are worth.

ie: Does BOB have enough potential for antique items to reach their worth without me doing external advertising?

ie: Anyone else sold similar items?

ie: Any ideas where I can post links to the listings that would interest potential buyers?

Any advice is appreciated :smile:

JPBon

your best bet would be to have a chat to Pam (geewhizz) except that as far as I know she was in PE yesterday. So dont know when she will be online again.

She is a veritable mine of information about antiques.

RAG Auctioneers

Thanks JPBon!

As I say, the auction is only in a few weeks time.

lilythepink

I second JP's suggestion that you liaise with Pam (geewhizz) - she seems to know everything about everything and I always trust her judgment!

Little Miss Muffet

I am no expert. I may know a little about a lot.

The day any person thinks they know it all is the time to label them "Not so knowlegeable"

I dont think it is always what we know it is what we feel.Like a blind man with a 6th sense.

I would say though that the R1 auctions will bring in R1 for junk and good prices for the sought after items.

It is always the risk we take.I had a gold watch listed for R2000 which did not sell on the

ordinary auction but it sold for R1850 on the R1 auction and I was quite happy with that.

Then again a dish worth a couple of hundred sold for R1.So be it if I have a happy customer.It is not always about money:noworry:

Edited by geewhizz

JPBon

I would say a little more than a little and more than most.