Sign in to follow this  
gidds

veryfying products

gidds

Hi guys. I want to buy a certain product. But i want to verify the authenticity of the product before i place a bid. I have checked the buyers' feedback on the seller but i cannot contact th them (buyers) to find out more about the products they bought. It's impossible for me to contact them because most of those buyers are not listed on the ''member list'' under community which is the only way to send them a message. how do i contact them, or rather how to i get their contact details?

kebs

It may be easier to ask the seller using the icon on the item page. If they say it's genuine, then you have recourse if they send you something else..

qball

Unfortunately due to privacy reasons you will not be permitted to contact the buyers or get their contact details. If they are sellers, you can look for open items they are selling and then ask them a qauetion via the Q&A system without giving out any contact details.

rebootxxx

If i buy an item witch is not listed as fake or original due to the fact that the seller is also unsure about this what will happen if i receive the item and it is not original?what should i do?and what is the sellers responsibility on this?

qball
If i buy an item witch is not listed as fake or original due to the fact that the seller is also unsure about this what will happen if i receive the item and it is not original?what should i do?and what is the sellers responsibility on this?

Technically, if a seller is unsure about the authenticity of a product, it should not be listed, if it is, the seller will be responsible for any issues you may have with it, including refunding you if the item does turn out to be fake.

rebootxxx

Hi thanks for the answer

What happens if the seller refuses to give a refund?what should i do then?

lilythepink

If a seller refuses to give a refund on a listing which was not completely honest and factual, then send an email to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za, giving them the auction number and ALL relevant information. BoB are pretty good at helping buyers who buy fakes without having been told they are fakes! Good luck.

qball
Hi thanks for the answer

What happens if the seller refuses to give a refund?what should i do then?

We can assist you where possible, however, you do have rights in terms of the law and have several options available to you, the Consumer Council, Small Claims court, laying criminal charges etc. Unfortunately we cannot act on your behalf legally, but will assist where we can to ensure you receive what is owed to you.

brands online

Hi there, there's an item I'm interested in bidding on from seller Items for sale from gr8 deals on bidorbuy.co.za and am trying to make an informed decision. The seller has a number of negatives questioning authenticity of their products and I was just wondering if perhaps BOB has received proof of authenticity or if anyone here has perhaps dealt with the seller before? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

admin
Hi there, there's an item I'm interested in bidding on from seller Items for sale from gr8 deals on bidorbuy.co.za and am trying to make an informed decision. The seller has a number of negatives questioning authenticity of their products and I was just wondering if perhaps BOB has received proof of authenticity or if anyone here has perhaps dealt with the seller before? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi brands online,

Thank you for bringing this under our attention. We have requested proof of authenticity on all the items the seller had listed.

brands online
Hi brands online,

Thank you for bringing this under our attention. We have requested proof of authenticity on all the items the seller had listed.

Thanks Admin, will wait for your response. Don't wanna lose 500 bucks stupidly.