Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

SNC's alarmingly high lately

Cali Craft and Gems

I'm banging my head against the desk here - these buyers are driving me nutty!!!

No response from several buyers over a period of 3 weeks, so I file the SNC's and relist the items. There are bids on the items and some have already closed with winners, now the original buyer's appear out of the woodwork, complete the orders and want to pay.

What part of "item relisted and no longer available" don't buyer's understand???

Once again, another email asking them not to pay as the item has been resold.

PS. If you're looking for me, I've checked myself into the looney bin indefinitely...

retailrush

@ Cali - what happens now in a case like this? Do you offer the original buyer a refund...? I am sure this will happen to me one day - but for now I always wait until the SNC is complete before re-listing the item in question to avoid exactly what has now happened to you. "Sod's law" - the buyer will decide to pay once the SNC is filed, (especially if you re-list the item and receive new bids on it).

Take a deep breath - good luck!

Cali Craft and Gems

Spoken to Candice and she has handled the matters for me.

I send the buyers numerous emails (before and after the SNC), as well at any time when they decide to complete the order after the SNC asking them not to pay.

If they do end up paying, I offer them a refund or a credit against another item. So far no-one has paid after my requests.

Royalty2008

Yes, I can also add that buyers with high ratings disappointed me, but newbies as stated by Miss Jewels they every time surprises me within seconds after closing of auction I receive payment. So yes, I don't know where one must pull the line.

retailrush

A buyer recently won 4 LPs that I had on auction. I am clearing out old stock and started them at R1.00. They buyer won them for R1.00 - which is fine by me. I then don't hear anything from the buyer for 7 days - even after my normal confirmation of order, reminder to pay e-mail etc. So, yes I filed SNCs on the 4 items - he has still not responded so now, after 14 days I can relist the items and oh yes Bid or Buy have refunded me the success fee of R0.05 on each item - WOW!!! :laugh::razz:

This buyer has quite a good record so far - and now I will block him and give him 4 negative ratings (one for each LP)... If he had just contacted me up front on winning the auction to say he didn't want the items - then we could have agreed not to continue the sale. I would have still filed the SNC's but with a different reason - and then I could have relisted the 4 LPs right away.

I don't like giving negative ratings to buyers with a good record - this buyer hasn't rated or been rated since around the 10 May - so I am wondering if something has happened... we all know "life" happens sometimes. Oh well - thanks for letting me have my moment of fame!!

Just Beachin

Strongly agree with this!

I just reported ANOTHER non-payer to the dead-beat list and saw the latest batch from Brandsonline.

Is there a database of all the reported non-payers?

Sellers can't see if SNC has been file against a buyer - sometimes a newbie will make scores of bids and it takes a minimum of two weeks before the negative ratings start reflecting.

It would be useful if all the reported non-payers were on a searchable list?

Just Beachin

I think I have a solution, and please feel free to join in and tweak this idea!

When I started, I went to a seminar, at the cost of R155. This money was still mine to use as future success fees and or enhancements. (I'm sure most of you had the same set up). Knowing bidorbuy has the capability of setting this up:

Should any member receive 6 or more SNC within 10 transactions (let's face it, when their bad, their BAD), they will be put on type of bank probation for a period of a year, where if they wish to continue using bidorbuy, they will have to deposite and keep a monthly balance of R100 in this account. When a future SNC is filed by a seller(due to non payment/non communication), the seller will be award the amount of the success fee, and any other enhancement fees, as will bidorbuy receive their success fee for the item sale. If this probationary account empties within the month period the buyers rights will be revoked until replenished.

What do you think?

Edited by Just Beachin

wayjen

Good idea. If a buyer has a habit of not paying and for some reason they keep slipping under the radar of getting banned then there needs to be a setup in place to reprimand these people.

wait! wait! Are you talking about buyers who are regulars on here or buyers who pop in and disappear again? Remember not all people attend seminars.

Edited by wayjen

Just Beachin

I was using the seminar sencerio to show that bidorbuy has the capablities of keeping separate accounts.

I would say it should be for anybody who repeats the act of buying and not paying, let me give you and example, Ms.shopaholic has a rating of say 558 with feedback score of 88.5%, if you look at her track record, she buys some and ignores some, she is a great frustration for the ones she ignore and the absolute best bobber for the ones she choses to pay. This woman needs to be put on probation, dont you think?

wayjen

yip name and shame her!!!!!!!

good idea.

YSLMAGIC

:nuts:

Pending SNC's 18

Completed SNC's in the past 3 months 124

Do I win first prize? :mad:

sorry dude i got 241 completed in the past 3 months......and i have yet to file for May........but i suddenly feel a conspiracy................the same 3 numbers :twisted:

brands online
:nuts:

sorry dude i got 241 completed in the past 3 months......and i have yet to file for May........but i suddenly feel a conspiracy................the same 3 numbers :twisted:

The titles yours if you really want it.:toung: That's crazy and this is madness! :disgusted:

Edited by brands online

Libertas Computers

Agreed.. I don't sell that many items on BoB, but out of the 15 items I've sold this month, I've got 4 that will be SNC'd.. That's 27% of my BoB Sales resulting in no payment or communication.. Shocking madness..

yeittech

Pending SNC's 1

Completed SNCs in the past 3 months 10