Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

SNC's alarmingly high lately

Miss Jewels

I've filed 32 SNC's over the last three months, with still 7 pending for this month. I will be filing another 6 today. This is aweful. Many are newbies, which makes me wonder if I should start mentioning that I will not sell to anyone with under 10 ratings. I realise you cannot classify all newbies as "bad", because I've had quite a few new buyers who concluded their transaction even faster that buyers with very high ratings. I don't know if buyers find this a joking platform, but even on 3 Buy Now, I've had to file SNC's. 95% of the time, it's with no response from buyer.

Is anyone else experiencing high volume SNC's lately?

lilythepink

I don't sell nearly as much as you do but I, too, am experiencing problems with "newbies". Some of the new users don't even bother to complete orders, let alone answer my emails or pay for their items and, frustrating as it is, I don't think we're being fair if we don't give all new users a chance to prove themselves.

Cali Craft and Gems

I've also noticed an increase in non-payment of orders... mostly newbies but a few are from long-standing BoBbers too!

AppleBerry

I actually have filed 9 SNC's and need to file 10 more when i allowed to.

But the thing is the buyer will suddenly wake up after SNC is filed and make some sorry excuse.

I think Bidorbuy should have a system in place where as a newbie must not be able to complete their order until they have contacted the seller via the Q & A system then the seller must process the sale from their side after the buyer has agreed to pay.

I know this will slow the sale but its better than filling an SNC.

Miss Jewels

I agree Lily.... that's why I say I always want to give everyone a change. Be it a new buyer or long standing BoBbers. 50% of SNC's filed is is not just non payment, but non completion of orders. This is just plain bad manners! If you want to buy something, and you're serious about it, you will complete the transaction. I feel there should be a mechanism in place whereby you are disabled for a while once you've had SNC's filed against you with x amount of non responses. I wonder if something like this would work? Your "wise" beak response is awaited.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Yes, it is definitely getting worse, I have often thought that some people think that BoB is a joke or maybe similar to other types of shopping sites.

Many buyers don't realise that these are individual sellers who pay to sell their items, not the same as a normal webstore where an abandoned shopping cart isn't really a problem and is also very common.

retailrush

I also don't have high volume sales - but in the last three months I have had to file 6 SNCs, so it's definitely getting worse.

lilythepink
I agree Lily.... that's why I say I always want to give everyone a change. Be it a new buyer or long standing BoBbers. 50% of SNC's filed is is not just non payment, but non completion of orders. This is just plain bad manners! If you want to buy something, and you're serious about it, you will complete the transaction. I feel there should be a mechanism in place whereby you are disabled for a while once you've had SNC's filed against you with x amount of non responses. I wonder if something like this would work? Your "wise" beak response is awaited.

I agree with you - perhaps penalise people from buying for 30 to 60 days after an SNC has been completed against them? The Beak is not always "wise". lol

TS Ron

Oh filing SNC is one of pet hates! Unfortunately it does have to done. I have just started selling again after a long break and already have to file one I have given the client extended time.

Seeds for Africa

Whilst not completing a sale is never on, I understand more that some forget about auctions and that one would have more auction snc's. What I just dont get is someone who does a buy now and doesnt carry through with the sale. I still think they should have a 3 strike policy. 3 non fulfillment snc's and the buyer should be permamenently banned. I also agree with Tananka that there is a lack of understanding re the abandoned shopping trolley. I also just dont get it when people click the button accepting that they are entering into a contract and then dont follow through. Lack of responsibility. Of late, I have had excellent experiences with new / no rating buyers..... have not had to snc one of them. Hows this for an idea.... One should be able to block any buyers that have less than 97% ratings. Of course there are the newbies to think about and maybe they would be regarded in the 97% plus category until they have 10 ratings and then they would be filtered on the 97% rule. Come on Bob..... help us out here!!!

kebs

Yup, definitely an increase.. Mine are almost 100% first time buyers.. As Lily says, they don't even bother to reply to emails.. Really gives newbies a bad name!

AppleBerry

I just got an order for 5 x iPod Nano screen protectors @ R30 each from a newbie who thought she was ordering the iPod itself.

I called the number under her details and guess what its the wrong number.

This definitely is very sad that people who have access to the internet but cannot Read or Write, maybe it will be easier if we have more pictures.

Edited by AppleBerry

Miss Jewels
I called the number under her details and guess what its the wrong number..
Please report this to Cuan and community watch immediately. They will take the necessary action against fraudulent details if this is the case.

brands online

Pending SNC's 18

Completed SNC's in the past 3 months 124

Do I win first prize? :mad:

Miss Jewels

This is madness!!! We really need to do something about these ridiculous SNC's and non responses from buyers.

Pending SNC's 18

windrider

This is a regular occurrence I think, every time the price of fuel/electricity/rates/food goes up so do the number of SNCs filed by BoB sellers. It's very annoying to buyers who do pay, since we get outbid (significantly I may add), don't get the item we want, but the end result is that no-one is happy. It's easy to interpret the Internet auction as something of a game and then just lie about your contact details and the way those people see it, no harm, no foul (which isn't true, but that's another story).

lilythepink
This is a regular occurrence I think, every time the price of fuel/electricity/rates/food goes up so do the number of SNCs filed by BoB sellers. It's very annoying to buyers who do pay, since we get outbid (significantly I may add), don't get the item we want, but the end result is that no-one is happy. It's easy to interpret the Internet auction as something of a game and then just lie about your contact details and the way those people see it, no harm, no foul (which isn't true, but that's another story).

Hereinafter shall they be referred to as "foulcrooks"? Or "slyvipers"?

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Pending SNC's 18

No-I think i do-Items sold last three months 1296-SNC completed NIL!!!

Seriously though i think collectibles etc do have very few snc as buyers generally want what they purchase.Your type of items the buyer has a rethink the next day and decides he can do without it,hence the high number of snc,s.

NEIL

brands online
No-I think i do-Items sold last three months 1296-SNC completed NIL!!!

Seriously though i think collectibles etc do have very few snc as buyers generally want what they purchase.Your type of items the buyer has a rethink the next day and decides he can do without it,hence the high number of snc,s.

NEIL

These re-thinks are proving rather costly for me... We sell most of our items on Crazy auctions. Listing and enhanced listing fees lost because of (excuse my language) rubbish buyers is ridiculous. There must be some other way...

asiv

some input from admin will be welcome

Please share some ideas on how to best reduce the losses we experience with this issue.

:wondering::wondering::wondering::confused::sad2:

Vegar
Pending SNC's 18

I just reported ANOTHER non-payer to the dead-beat list and saw the latest batch from Brandsonline.

Is there a database of all the reported non-payers?

Sellers can't see if SNC has been file against a buyer - sometimes a newbie will make scores of bids and it takes a minimum of two weeks before the negative ratings start reflecting.

It would be useful if all the reported non-payers were on a searchable list?

Vegar
Please share some ideas on how to best reduce the losses we experience with this issue.

:wondering::wondering::wondering::confused::sad2:

I find that the best way to deal with "NEWBIES" is NURTURE.

Using the 'communication box' I try to establish a 'personal' relationship and I guide the buyer along ... instructing, cajoling, prompting, urging and finally on day 5 after the auction end, and no ching=ching, I rate a big fat red negative - to give a taste of things to come.

I rate negative a couple of days before I can file SNC so other sellers can be aware that there is a payment problem.

MiemsJewels

Sale Not Complete (SNC) Pending SNC 10

COMPLETED SNC'S 52

Edited by MiemsJewels

Not1CentMore

(tossing in my two cents) I have to agree. Not only are bid/win/bale on the increase, but the excuses are getting better. No fault on: Seller sent me costs in USD and I don't understand - email sent ALWAYS shows amount in both R and USD. This was after a winning email notification, reminder email and message via BoB's system. And this was NOT a newbie; nearly 200 at 100% positive. Wonder how many of these were, after SNC's filed, from appeal untruths flowing like honey from her lips.

And now I have a (newbie) buyer who has sent two payments of a) .89cents and b) .90cents USD via PayPal for SIX items bid/won. Sent a request for payment via PayPal for balance after receiving first payment and instead of sending balance, buyer sends second payment (above). Email sent and message sent via BoB's system. I can revert the two payments, but PayPal charges $1.07 EACH to revert.

I will hold the hand of a newbie from start to finish, but when the newbie's hand is slapping at yours every step of the way....

Sure does keep life from getting boring.

Vegar

Sure does keep life from getting boring.

:grin: Never a dull moment!