Sign in to follow this  
Pathway

Miffed

Pathway

Why do we have to pay postgage twice when we do a BUY NOW auction together with a bidding auction, from the same seller? :sad2:

Sometimes I win an auction, then go to see if there's anything else I would like from the seller, and end up not buying extra, because the other items are buy now's. What a pity, for both of us.

JPBon

the system does that but just ask the buyer if you can combine.

Miss Jewels

When I have a buyer win an auction and a buy now, I still see it as more than 1 purchase and thus combined postage is offered by myself. Best is to ask the seller if they'll combine.

Why do we have to pay postgage twice when we do a BUY NOW auction together with a bidding auction, from the same seller? :sad2:

Sometimes I win an auction, then go to see if there's anything else I would like from the seller, and end up not buying extra, because the other items are buy now's. What a pity, for both of us.

Pathway

Yes, but if the seller has set up for Bobpay to calculate the shipping automatically, then you can't get out of entering the postage. And believe me, Bob does not like it if you pay less then expected - not for a couple of cents, but certainly for R35 or whatever the postage is. I once paid R50.00 less for an item, because the seller sent a damaged item, and offered me R50.00 less on my next purchase - I bought regularly from them, so I was happy with it, and so was he. But oh my word, Bob wasn't!! What a business that was!

TaLamia

When I purchase from a seller and it is a combined order including auction items as well as buy nows I make a note to the seller in my orders that items are to be combined. If it's small items that will remain under 1kg then I use the highest listed postage between all the items, if it looks like it will go over 1kg then I state in the note to the seller to please inform me of the combined shipping rate and I will make payment once I hear from them.

In such a case when there is more than one order that needs to be made I ask the seller for their direct banking details as the amount will not match according to BoBpay. But even if it doesn't match it doesn't really matter either as BoBpay will inform the seller nonetheless of the amount that goes in to them, they will not deny notifying the seller of the payment simply due to non-matching amounts.

SProducts

If the seller offers combining I doubt they will have a problem. But communicate with them before paying.I have had buyers who do the same and combine, on the additional item they add shipping as per the combining fee.