Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

A reasonable time frame?

Seeds for Africa

Hi

I am asking this question from a buyers perspective. I made some purchases on Sunday night, paid immeditaley and emailed the supplier with proof of payment. I fully realise we have had holidays in between but kind of expected some response. I would guess my purchase is not that big, but what is a reasonable time frame for a seller to respond in? I clearly stated on my order that there were other items I was interested in but needed to discuss it with him on the phone before buying those. I tried calling a few times yesterday (not a public holiday) and phone rang unanswered.

Maybe I am being a bit impatient but unless there is a note to the effect that the seller is unavailble, I would expect that they be in contact on the first business day after the purchase (if only by email to confirm the order and payment).

Any comment would be apprecaited.

Thanks

Grant

JPBon

I think with yesterday being a sole work day between holidays many people probably didnt open. I for one sometimes shock people as I tend to answer queries very quickly.....but then I am often lurking.

babyface2

hi Grant

i seldom respond to emails of payments received as i get so many emails i do not actually have the time to answer all. if i am in front of the computor and someone asks specifically about other purchases i would reply. i would for instance only see your question on the order when i open the item to pack it and then respond to you. maybe this seller sells a lot of items and work by her/him self like i do. i would suggest looking what the time frame is for posting and would think that is more or less the time that you would receive a response, might be better to email directly, maybe seller has gone away for the holidays only to be back tomorrow.

just my two cents worth. there is a lot of things that could have happened, the seller might have been in an accident and lying in hospital, etc. etc.

i suggest to give it another day or two.

voldermort

as JP says, most of us sellers are forever lurking holiday or not :wink: usually if i receive payment notification on a weekend or public holiday i will email buyer the same day/evening just to thank them for this and to let them know when i will be posting their items, it does help to set their minds at rest especially if they are new buyers. i do go onto my pc everyday so just to send off an email is not such a biggie, holiday or not, unless of course the seller only has internet access at work?

lilythepink

As soon as I am notified that payment has been received, I rate the buyer with a note as to when their item will be posted.

Of course, this isn't always possible especially if a seller has gone away for a few days and the payment only comes through while the seller is away.

Seeds for Africa

Thanks all. I did mail the guy as well. I guess I will wait and see....

Cali Craft and Gems

Although I've been in front of the computer every now and then since Friday, for once I've actually taken "time out" to spend with hubby and now taking care of little Phoebe. Tomorrow is a write-off too due to appointments, etc but I will be tackling orders and payments into the early hours of Thurs morning to catch up on the lost days (or at least until I can't see clearly anymore).

I think the run of public holidays this week has kept many people out of the office or away from BoB. Out of everyone I know (family and friends), it was only hubby that has gone in to work this week... and his company actually swopped out yesterday for today - had Tuesday off, but had to go in to the factory today. Out of their small staff, half have taken the entire week off and will only be back on the 3rd of May! (we were originally planning to do that too and travel to Natal, but have changed our dates to mid-June instead! Yip, we're nuts to go to the Drakensberg in the middle of winter! LOL)

Seeds for Africa

A follow up on my original posting. I get hold of the seller, and his dad answers, They are away until Tuesday next week, so I get told I will just have to wait. I kept things very polite. This is shocking service. Irrespective of all the holidays, sure take a break but put something in your listing to that effect. And why on earth offer speed services, when you wont be mailing for over 10 days.... waste of time and money! And if I rate this seller in the negative which he surely deserves (in my opinion) are bob going to protect me from a revenge rating?

Cali Craft and Gems

I agree that the seller should have put a message in their listing or at least an auto-reply to emails that he would not be available until a specific date. I guess some people just don't think along those lines...

babyface2
A follow up on my original posting. I get hold of the seller, and his dad answers, They are away until Tuesday next week, so I get told I will just have to wait. I kept things very polite. This is shocking service. Irrespective of all the holidays, sure take a break but put something in your listing to that effect. And why on earth offer speed services, when you wont be mailing for over 10 days.... waste of time and money! And if I rate this seller in the negative which he surely deserves (in my opinion) are bob going to protect me from a revenge rating?

now i do not think that is fair on any buyers. seller should not have had any listings closing while away on holiday. bad planning from their side or maybe just a no care attitude.