Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

What a nerve!!!!!!!!!!!!

Libertas Computers
Hi Please see it also from!20the buyers side. While one is waiting for the item there is fear of being ripped off cause one does not know if it will ever arrive also fear of being ridiculed by friends for taking the bob plunge so this is the only weapon at hand that can be rectified if item eventually arrives after much stressing and watching the post box

Hi Naz,

I definitely agree with you about the fear of being ripped off. I took the BoB plunge early last year when I saw a deal that was way to good to be true when I googled an item that I wanted. I've never been one for buying items online from other people and paying them and then they ship it, because the risk of fraud is just too high. After about 2 days of consideration and speaking to people, I decided to take the plunge. I put in my bid and won my item for just over R2 000.

The next day I received a tracking number and the day after that the letter in the post office telling me my item is there to be collected..

I was over the moon and started exploring all the things that are available on BoB and the prices and wished that I had an infinite amount of money as there are just sooo many things that I want at amazing prices.

Later on last year I started my business and without thinking twice I created my sellers account on BoB and the fact that BoB is so trustworthy, things fly on the site.

Hope this helps!

Fred

lilythepink

It all boils down to being careful and checking sellers (and their postage/shipping costs) out properly before placing bids.

My intuition tells me that if a seller will rip a buyer off with ridiculous postage/shipping costs, that seller just might not be as honourable as one would hope. That's my ten cents worth and strictly my opinion!

wayjen

As I sit here I am fuming at a rating given to us by a buyer with a 79% rating who said we are deceitful in selling him a toy of R15. As far as I am concerned there was nothing wrong with the secondhand item but according to him it was broken and patched together. If I had seen that the item was broken I would have mentioned it or if it was patched then I would have mentioned that too. He left an abusive/rude comment and we offered a refund on the return of the item but buyer wants to take this up with BoB.

I don't take kindly to threats from anyone.

mellowred
As I sit here I am fuming at a rating given to us by a buyer with a 79% rating who said we are deceitful in selling him a toy of R15. As far as I am concerned there was nothing wrong with the secondhand item but according to him it was broken and patched together. If I had seen that the item was broken I would have mentioned it or if it was patched then I would have mentioned that too. He left an abusive/rude comment and we offered a refund on the return of the item but buyer wants to take this up with BoB.

I don't take kindly to threats from anyone.

Wayne, I've read a lot of your listings. You always point out the faults, so I'd back you that you would have mentioned something obvious.

Times like this when you want Nubbi to deliver for you :whistling:.

wayjen

we try Mandy, we try.

mellowred
we try Mandy, we try.

Sometimes you are pretty trying too, ey?:amuse:

wayjen

hey watch it, ha ha ha

wayjen

Get a message from BoB asking for response. The buyer goes out of his way to make a scene and basically says we are selling junk on BoB and it should not be allowed.

If it was up to me, people with a 79% rating for non payment and time wasting should be off BoB.

Guest Guest
Pity Wayne. That must be darn frustrating. You bend over backwards to assist and then that.

I hope better sense prevails!

So true Gamu!

LOL! So, on BOB it is the reverse of; "Hurry-up and wait" Thus, "Wait and, hurry-up!!!"

Stay strong Wayne!. Just Glare...

PS The "clear to all" rudeness of some buyers, sadly get to me... But not to worry folks... I shall refrain from curbing their "F-U, I'm the people" mentality... Well, some times... :weeabooface:

Seeds for Africa
Wayne, I've read a lot of your listings. You always point out the faults, so I'd back you that you would have mentioned something obvious.

Times like this when you want Nubbi to deliver for you :whistling:.

Nubbi's courier and debt collection service!

lilythepink
Nubbi's courier and debt collection service!

I remember from another thread about Nubbi frightening off burglars/thugs. Now that's a good testimonial if there ever was one about a good courier and debt collection service!