Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

What a nerve!!!!!!!!!!!!

SProducts

That's how it happens, to buyers we are their slaves once they pay. I have received some from buyers who didn't pay and I filed SNC and as soon its retracted they rate negative. They actually think the date they won the auction is when they should start counting from.

Vinyl Lady Decals

This is precisely why I don't retract an SNC, as it is I usually end up giving up to 3 weeks grace to pay even though my terms say 3 days.

If I receive payment once an SNC is filed, I would rather give a refund than retract the SNC to avoid the inevitable negative rating

wayjen
Wayne is pissed off with me because I ragged him.

excuse me?

what ever gave you that impression?

lilythepink

She's quietly (tactfully?) telling us all that she's part of your raggety bag lady group, Wayne! lol

Little Miss Muffet
excuse me?

what ever gave you that impression?

Thought your answer on PM was rather "Kort Af"

Dont worry.

wayjen
Thought your answer on PM was rather "Kort Af"

Dont worry.

you misunderstood it then Pammie. you asked permission to write something on the forum and I said you have my blessing that was all.

Little Miss Muffet
you misunderstood it then Pammie. you asked permission to write something on the forum and I said you have my blessing that was all.

I Wouldn't write that on the forum. Was taking the mickey out you.

wayjen

Well as I thought and knew. The parcel arrives and the item is opened and 1 glass is smashed. The buyer changes rating again to neutral asking for a refund or swap out.

We have asked for pictures from the buyer as this is a post office matter and needs to sorted out maybe via the CPA.

TS Ron

Wayjen

Do not tell this scary story as I have just bid on something I have searched for a long time and if it arrives here broken I shall break down in sobs in the post office as I know it does not matter how well the buyer packs fragile items. So at the moment I am holding my breathe until the auction closes.

wayjen
Wayjen

Do not tell this scary story as I have just bid on something I have searched for a long time and if it arrives here broken I shall break down in sobs in the post office as I know it does not matter how well the buyer packs fragile items. So at the moment I am holding my breathe until the auction closes.

mums the word.

wayjen

Hi Cuan, could you please look into this matter for me? This buyer, as you can see from the thread, has been a headache from day one. We sent off the parcel and according to her the packaging was damaged and the glass item inside was broken. we went through rating manipulations until it ended up at BoB's door where Naledi sent Jenny an email. We responded to the email yesterday and again Naledi emailed us today asking for a response.

Is it possible to check if Naledi has not seen our response of yesterday? We do know the issue with the post office when it comes to packaging and we do not shy away from packing items properly no matter what they are as can be seen by the ratings.

This is not the first time that we and others are rated according to the post office and the buyers faults.

thanks.

qball

Hi Wayne

I think either Candice or Solanche are dealing with this. We normally do not intervene in neutral ratings or negatives unless there is abuse or threats. Unfortunately with the new CPA, the risk of the goods remain with the seller until the buyer receives the goods, even if the parcel goes missing or gets damaged by the post office. If the buyer received broken goods we can't really intervene. It forms part of their overall buying experience.

I am sorry.

Kind regards

Cuan

wayjen
Hi Wayne

I think either Candice or Solanche are dealing with this. We normally do not intervene in neutral ratings or negatives unless there is abuse or threats. Unfortunately with the new CPA, the risk of the goods remain with the seller until the buyer receives the goods, even if the parcel goes missing or gets damaged by the post office. If the buyer received broken goods we can't really intervene. It forms part of their overall buying experience.

I am sorry.

Kind regards

Cuan

Thanks Cuan, we are in the process of sorting it out with a partial refund with the buyer.

MiemsJewels
Buyer with 88% ratings bids on an item and wins it on 17th April, completes checkout on 18th April but asks us to hold back as she only gets paid later in the month and we say fine. Buyer pays 23rd April and today we get a Neutral rating asking for tracking number. We don't need people like this on BoB. We were good enough to wait for payment but they are impatient when it comes to the item being posted to them.

I JUST GOT 8....... YES 8 NEUTRAL RATINGS FROM A BUYER FOR 1 FAULTY BRACELET I OVERSEE. NOTHING WRONG WITH THE OTHER 7 ITEMS, BUT SHE ALSO RATE ME NEUTRAL FOR IT. I PHONED HER AND TELL HER THAT I WILL REPLACE THE BRACELET OR OFFER HER A REFUND. WELL....I SEND HER A NEW FAULTLESS BRACELET AS WELL AS NECKLACE FOR FREE. HOPE SHE WILL CHANGE THE NEUTRAL TO POSITIVE.:sick:

ATA STAMP CENTRE
I JUST GOT 8....... YES 8 NEUTRAL RATINGS FROM A BUYER FOR 1 FAULTY BRACELET I OVERSEE. NOTHING WRONG WITH THE OTHER 7 ITEMS, BUT SHE ALSO RATE ME NEUTRAL FOR IT. I PHONED HER AND TELL HER THAT I WILL REPLACE THE BRACELET OR OFFER HER A REFUND. WELL....I SEND HER A NEW FAULTLESS BRACELET AS WELL AS NECKLACE FOR FREE. HOPE SHE WILL CHANGE THE NEUTRAL TO POSITIVE.:sick:

HI

I cannot understand why the buyer cannot inform you first if their is any problem and thus give a seller the chance to rectify the error before leaving negative or neutral feedback.

If the buyer has done so and the seller has not rectified the matter then fine and well give a negative rating but please buyers give the sellers a chance to rectify any mistakes first as we are all human and can make mistakes.

NEIL

MiemsJewels
HI

I cannot understand why the buyer cannot inform you first if their is any problem and thus give a seller the chance to rectify the error before leaving negative or neutral feedback.

If the buyer has done so and the seller has not rectified the matter then fine and well give a negative rating but please buyers give the sellers a chance to rectify any mistakes first as we are all human and can make mistakes.

NEIL

Hi Neil, I ask the same question. I really think some buyers can't read. I always offer a refund or a replacement. We all make mistakes, but we also can also rectify the problem. Thanks for your reply.:bigsmile:

lilythepink

Miems, you are too good-hearted for your own good! But, yes, let us hope that the buyer will see the error of her ways and change her rating of you to positive. (Anyone who gives you a negative rating isn't worth selling to! Your items are so lovely, always well packed and safely received and you make buying from you such a pleasant transaction!)

MiemsJewels
Miems, you are too good-hearted for your own good! But, yes, let us hope that the buyer will see the error of her ways and change her rating of you to positive. (Anyone who gives you a negative rating isn't worth selling to! Your items are so lovely, always well packed and safely received and you make buying from you such a pleasant transaction!)

O, Janet, you are such a beautiful person. Allways see the good in everyone and everything. Thank you for your kind words.XXX

voldermort
HI

NEIL

Very true unfortunately though we are dealing with all sorts of people, not all of them very nice and some perhaps view it as a power trip (eg: you have x amount of ratings, or x amount of items listed, let's bugger you around a bit) .......the serious buyers I am sure will always first let you know if there is a problem and try to sort it out amicably, the rest are not worth bothering about.

MiemsJewels
Very true unfortunately though we are dealing with all sorts of people, not all of them very nice and some perhaps view it as a power trip (eg: you have x amount of ratings, or x amount of items listed, let's bugger you around a bit) .......the serious buyers I am sure will always first let you know if there is a problem and try to sort it out amicably, the rest are not worth bothering about.

True words Voldermort. So very true.

Naz1000

Hi Please see it also from the buyers side. While one is waiting for the item there is fear of being ripped off cause one does not know if it will ever arrive also fear of being ridiculed by friends for taking the bob plunge so this is the only weapon at hand that can be rectified if item eventually arrives after much stressing and watching the post box

Wild Olive Art
Hi Please see it also from the buyers side. While one is waiting for the item there is fear of being ripped off cause one does not know if it will ever arrive also fear of being ridiculed by friends for taking the bob plunge so this is the only weapon at hand that can be rectified if item eventually arrives after much stressing and watching the post box

Naz , if a person takes the risk of buying anything online , that risk lies with them . They have no right to take their fears out on sellers by abusing the rating system .

The rating system is a good guide to whether or not you are likely to get ripped off by a seller . If buyers stick to buying from sellers who have a good rating score with many sales there shouldn't be any cause for concern. Furthermore , the majority of sellers communicate with the buyers and most items are posted with tracking numbers which can be tracked by the buyer - so there really is no need to stress and watch the post box.

The rating system is most certainly not a weapon and mind you don't use it as such because you will find yourself reported to the admin and reprimanded. The majority of sellers have their contact details listed which you will find on the item order and not for whatever reason , you can contact Bidorbuy for assistance and they will forward you the sellers contact details.

As for being ridiculed by your friends for buying on Bidorbuy ? You have to be kidding me ! They need to grow up ! If you browse through the number of high end items sold on this site , you and your friends will realize Bidorbuy is not a playground for kids to amuse themselves on .

JPBon

I agree wild olive, buyers just need to check ratings etc before buying, I ve had many good experiences as a buyer, its the sellers who have the hard time most of the time on the site.

TS Ron

Naz1000 I think you safe very safe if you buy from a verified seller.I have bought a few things of lately from various sellers on bidorbuy and felt quite at home with the super service I had received from them. Always come and check on the forum if you unsure about sellers.

wayjen

Welcome Naz1000. We all started somewhere and we all just need that sale be it as a buyer or seller to gain some confidence in the online trading market. As a seller, we have very often had to deal with new buyers and old buyers (those with hundreds of ratings) and on some occasions we are truly messed around. I guess I am not the only one who has looked at a new buyer (no ratings) and wanted to delete their bid because you have a suspicion that this is a bum deal and you know that after 14 days of lost income (SNC) you are able to relist your item but we say to ourselves maybe this newbie is ok and you run with it. With regards to verified sellers this cannot always be a guideline for good service as can be seen by the amount of verified sellers that are blacklisted and no longer trade as some verified sellers become greedy and or get ripped off by their supplier and have to resort to other methods to try and stay afloat or they get so deep that they see no way out and start robbing peter to pay paul and they end up failing. There are also very good sellers that are not verified and are doing very well and don't find the need to become verified. If you are unsure then you look at their ratings and you try gather an idea of how this person operates and then you can decide if you want to buy or sell to/from them.

On the forum are names of people that have wronged buyers and sellers but you make up your own mind as people have posted on this very forum who have been found less than ethical in their business practice.

Lastly, I do understand what you say about being ridiculed about buying on the BoB site as I see that happening often on another site I belong to where people bad mouth us but if you are honest in your dealings with buyers/sellers then you should be ok and BoB can be your business 24/7/365.

Remember Naz1000, we all started somewhere and for different reasons so if you are unsure then come on here and ask us as we are here to help each other.

Good Luck and welcome once again.