Sign in to follow this  
sephram

Buyer Protection Programme is a LIE

sephram

First I must say I have been a user on bidorbuy for quite some time now and never had any problems until this year.

To cut a long story short, I was the winning bidder for auction Order ID 3550059. A special edition xbox-360 with 2 controllers, a halo game and headset being sold by blackpanther2. Auction was won on 31 Jan 2011. Payment of R2591.20 went through on 1 Feb 2011. http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/buyer/OrderBuyersDetail.jsp?Order_OrderId=3550059 After 5 weeks of correspondence with the seller it became evident I was not going to get my item. I had started correspondence with bidorbuy community watch by this time.

My emails were being responded to by someone named Bennet (cannot give fullname, against the rules of this forum), who proved to be quite unhelpful. After a million broken promises by the seller to deliver and eventually confessing that he had been scammed and had lost the money and did not have the product I again contacted community watch to find out how to go about submitting a claim to get my money back because at the time of the auction blackpanther2 was a verified seller with coverage of up to R2000.00. Once again not much luck until I threatened to contact the press, at which time someone named Candice responded and was much more useful than the previous contact. She instructed me to the links that would explain how to go about submitting a claim.

I printed all the necessary documentation, along with all my details. put it all in in envelope and sent it via registered mail to the claim submissions administrator.

I gave it some time and then started emailing as to find out the status of my claim, Candice told me this was not her department and that I should contact community watch to find out. Eventually I got an email from someone named Bertus who told me that my claim had been approved and was being submitted to the accounts department. A few more days passed and I kept emailing to find out what was happening. Bertus replied and said that he would have information for me the next day. The next day he did not get back to me. A few more emails and finally Bertus told me the accounts department would be depositing my money into my account the following day. This was supposed to be last Wednesday.

I have subsequently sent 5 more emails to Bertus with NO REPLY. The money is not in my account, community watch is not responding to my emails, and if this thread fails to arouse the necessary action then I will be taking this matter to the press. I am a student and cannot afford to get a lawyer to take legal action against bidorbuy, but bad press will hurt the website so at this point that is my only option.

With the exception of Candice, I have been quite disgusted by the customer service offered by bidorbuy. They should be ashamed.

Very disgruntled user,

Sembene Hamilton

aka Sephram

Edited by sephram

qball

Dear Sembene

We do apologise for the lack of service you received from our staff. It is standard policy to get feedback from the seller first and to investigate these matters first before simply paying out a claim. Up until March of this year, the seller was in contact with us via email and was at the time, "co-operating" with our inquiries and requests. This does not affect you ability to lodge a claim with us nor does it mean we will not honour our commitment to you to pay you the R2000 as stipulated in our Buyer Protection Programme.

Whilst we endeavour to settle all claims timeously we sometimes do have issues like public holidays and short work weeks which may delay the process for a short period of time. Your claim has been accepted and settlement will be completed shortly. Your last email was only received on the 25th (a public holiday) and will be responded to shortly (we endeavour to respond to all emails within 12-18 working hours, approximately 2 business days). We will be happy to respond to any matters brought to our attention via the press. I am confident this matter will be finalised this week, but please bear in mind it is a short week, so you might not get responses on public holidays due to the offices not being open.

Please also note for future reference, to submit claims electronically or via fax, this will speed up the process as opposed to sending it via our postal services.

We appreciate your continued patience and understanding in this regard - your claim will be paid out shortly.

Kind regards

Cuan Akal

sephram

So once again we have bidorbuy admin promising me the issue will be sorted out and money put into my account on a certain day and that certain day coming and going.

I'm actually so disgusted by the lies and inefficiency. If I do not find the balance of what I am owed in my account by Wednesday 4 May 2011, I will take legal action against bidorbuy. You have forced my hand.

qball

I do apologise, the payout will be processed today. No one has lied to you, although the process has been delayed, which we do apologise for, your claim will be paid, as stated previously. I did not guarantee a date last week, but did say that I was confident it would be settled last week, unfortunately it was not.

Should you wish to proceed with further legal action please feel free to do so.

Once again, we apologise for the delay, this is not an automated process and claims may take up to 60 days to be finalised from receipt of your claim.

Kind regards

Cuan

sephram

Money has been put into my account, thank you.

lilythepink

Good for BoB - I've never known them to let anyone down and I'm not surprised to hear you have got your money. While you were getting so upset, I wondered how many insurance companies actually settle claims within a day or two? Not many, I'm sure.

brands online
Good for BoB - I've never known them to let anyone down and I'm not surprised to hear you have got your money. While you were getting so upset, I wondered how many insurance companies actually settle claims within a day or two? Not many, I'm sure.

Unless it's THE INVISIBLE MAN :razz:

lilythepink
Unless it's THE INVISIBLE MAN :razz:

Well, "the invisible man" didn't pay out within a few days for us - we waited almost a month! And then the following month that "invisible man" put our premiums up by 10% so we changed companies - and have ended up paying 50% less than "the invisible man" was charging us! (This all happened about a year ago so perhaps "the invisible man" has improved? Although I'm sceptical about that!)

kyle2

They're all the same Lily, they'l take your money gleefully and increase your premiums each year until you decide to claim one day, then they will take their time processing your claim, time spent figuring how to get out of honouring your claim, and then if they have to pay out, increase your premiums royally and make sure you know you did a 'Bad Thing' by daring to claim. Miserable bunch, all of them.

MiemsJewels
I do apologise, the payout will be processed today. No one has lied to you, although the process has been delayed, which we do apologise for, your claim will be paid, as stated previously. I did not guarantee a date last week, but did say that I was confident it would be settled last week, unfortunately it was not.

Should you wish to proceed with further legal action please feel free to do so.

Once again, we apologise for the delay, this is not an automated process and claims may take up to 60 days to be finalised from receipt of your claim.

Kind regards

Cuan

Excellent.... Bidorbuy is Tops

JPBon

I used to deal with a lot of those companies as a service provider. They would tell the customer that they would pay us direct and then proceed to take six months to pay us. I had a standard letter which I would send to their customers to put pressure on them to pay out.

The funny thing is that the more their slogans or policy was that they settled fast, the longer they would take to actually settle with their service providers.