Sign in to follow this  
Cheetah10

Grrrrrr!!!!.... Please meet me halfway!!!!

Cheetah10

When I win an auction, I expect to check out and do my payment in one go....... Then when everything is done (within 5 minutes - if it is BOBpay)...... I notify the seller that the whole deal is finalised (on my side)..... and I'm looking forward to tracking details.......

HOWEVER!!!!..... some of these sellers upset my whole day, when I get the message....."Contact supplier for payment details"........ Grrrrrrr!!.... Now, I have to e-mail the guy..... wait another day for him to respond..... go into my internet banking....... Create a new benneficiary...... wait for a rvn number on my cellphone (while my online banking time expires and I have to relog) and then wait for a tvn no. on my cellphone (while my online banking time expires and I have to relog) before the payment can be done...... UP TO TWO DAYS MAY EXPIRE BEFORE PAYMENT IS DONE...... where it could,ve been done in 5 minutes...... if they had BOBpay facilities.

Please sellers...... it is easy and I promise you bob is not going to steal your cash....... ARRANGE FOR BOBPAY - EFT..... Method of payment should be mentioned somewhere in your listing...... (So's I would know who to avoid)!!!

Vinyl Lady Decals

I agree, BoBpay is really excellent - even from a seller's point of view - only one in a while there might be a bit of a hitch - but generally it is very good

Wild Olive Art

I used to use the bobpay eft but it's a real headache when buyers do not use the correct code given for payment ! Not all buyers are on top of the Bobpay EFT system and there were too many instances where a buyer either forgot to update the code in their beneficiary list or used their user name as reference.

I once rated a buyer negatively and lodged a SNC because of this. The poor buyer had paid within minutes of the auction closing and could not understand why I kept emailing him reminders. It took days to trace the payment and I don't have time to email buyers and BOB back and forth to try locate a payment.

As a buyer I understand that it is frustrating having to add beneficiaries for once off payments but I also understand why sellers don't use the Bob eft system.

lilythepink

So far, touch wood, I haven't had any problems with buyers using BoBpay and, in fact, I find it easlier to work with than eft deposits into my account. (I give my buyers the option of either method of payment and it's working for me).

Wild Olive Art

I might give it another try but when it goes wrong it's a real headache ! I prefer using the BOB system than having to keep track on my bank statement , particularly as many buyers do not use a reference as requested nor send through proof of payment.

I do give my customers the credit card payment option though , which I find most use.