Sign in to follow this  
BeadandCraft Studio

What does one do?

BeadandCraft Studio

Hi,

Please advise on how to resolve this issue.Buyer made 2 purchases in Feb and March.Both orders were posted separately and tracking numbers were emailed.On 25th March,buyer emails me thanking me for the packages(still have that email).Today buyer informs me that she did not receive that order.Upon tracking her 2 parcels,it was discovered that both parcels were collected,but buyer insists,she does not have the parcel that she thanked me for.Please advise what happens in a situation like this as tracking clearly states that item was collected.

Regards

Denise

Edited by BeadandCraft Studio

TS Ron

Hi There

Surely you have the emails the buyer has sent to you thanking you. Go the post office and ask them to trace the parcels.The Post Office official ask any one collecting the parcels for ID here of which they make an copy. I keep a file with all my communication which I destroy after a year. Perhaps this buyer could be confusing you with some else it has happened to me a few years ago. I wish there was more that I could do for you to assist you with this problem.

BeadandCraft Studio

Thanks for the prompt response.I also keep all communication until I know the buyer has received their packages.I even go that extra mile by contacting buyers within 2 weeks of posting the item,just to make sure that all is in order.In the amost 4 years of selling on Bidorbuy,I have never lost a single package,and only had 3 returned to me due to non collection.Tracking results clearly shows both packages were collected by buyer or rather by Postnet on buyers behalf.

lilythepink

Well, the buyer would surely have had to sign on collection of the parcels from PostNet? See if they can't help you prove that the buyer DID receive both parcels. Good luck.

BeadandCraft Studio

Thanks,Will do that.

MiemsJewels
Hi,

Please advise on how to resolve this issue.Buyer made 2 purchases in Feb and March.Both orders were posted separately and tracking numbers were emailed.On 25th March,buyer emails me thanking me for the packages(still have that email).Today buyer iforms me that she did not receive that order.Upon tracking her 2 parcles,it was discovered that both parcels were collected,but buyer insists,she does not have the parcel that she thanked me for.Please advise what happens in a situation like this as tracking clearly states that item was collected.

Regards

Denise

Usually the customer must sign AND give an ID Number, which could be easily trace to the buyer.

BeadandCraft Studio

Consignment No:PA319440395ZA

TRACKING LINETYPEDRIVER /

LOCATIONROUTE /

REGISTRATIONDATETIMEBRANCHCOMMENTS

Item delivered to: K MAGORO 3/24/2011:05:00 PMLYTTLETONThe postal item has been delivered

At Office 3/24/2011:10:00 AMLYTTLETONFirst Notification to recipient

In transit 3/23/2011:03:01 PMPRETORIA (HUB)

In transit 3/22/20111:42:05 AMDURMAIL (HUB)

Item accepted by branch 3/17/2011:39:35 AMMEREBANK

Please enter a Parcel below

PA320062930za [submit]

Parcel Tracking Results

Parcel Number: PA320062930za

Consignment No:PA320062930ZA

TRACKING LINETYPEDRIVER /

LOCATIONROUTE /

REGISTRATIONDATETIMEBRANCHCOMMENTS

Item delivered to: K MAGORO 3/7/2011 142:00 PMLYTTLETONThe postal item has been delivered

At Office 3/5/2011 756:00 AMLYTTLETONFirst Notification to recipient

In transit 3/4/2011 1:35:36 PMPRETORIA (HUB)

In transit 3/3/2011 1:43:49 PMDURMAIL (HUB)

Item accepted by branch 3/2/2011 843:55 AMMEREBANK

Here are the tracking results for both items.Buyer contacted me saying,she never signed for the last parcel and I must find out whose signature it is.Does anyone have an idea what the process is after posting to a Postnet address,eg who actually collects the parcel etc

Regards

Denise

lilythepink

I believe that it is up to the BUYER to find out who has fraudulently signed her name. SHE (the buyer) is the one who, as soon as possible, needs to open a case with the South African Police! You cannot do this for her as it is theft from her.

Vinyl Lady Decals

From what I can see here, the parcel was collected by a Postnet employee and the buyer should have been handed the parcel by Postnet.

Perhaps you should contact the Postnet branch and speak to the Manager giving them proof of the tracking so that the Manager can investigate further.

The relevant Postnet Employee's Details are on the tracking and this should be enough evidence for them to take this further.

But, at the same time, I agree with Lily's comments, it is actually the buyer's responsibility to take this further and not yours.

BeadandCraft Studio

Thanks,I really appreciate the advice.Will follow up with Postnet and inform buyer to also do so.

meeks

I have posted 3 parcels to a buyer, same postnet (Lyttleton) all 3 parcels "collected and signed for by same person (MAGORO) and the buyer received all 3 parcels,. Almost a month later, buyer informs me some items were not packed. Three of us checked and double checked and ticked each item off as it was packed. I then gave the buyer the benefit of the doubt (but a little voice in the back of my head was not happy) so I sent the items buyer claimed was not received,and buyer was very very happy,- a further 1.6+kg of items???. Same buyer as BeadandCraft Studio.??????????????

a Thought just came to mind; Although a postnet employee signs for the parcels, surely the recipients(buyers) also has to sign at postnet when they are given their parcels ???? otherwise, what proof do THEY - the "owners" of the parcels have of receiving the items????

Edited by meeks

BeadandCraft Studio

This is getting really strange by the minute, 2 Craft sellers regarding problems with the same buyer.It will be rather interesting to know if other sellers had the same or similiar problem as well.I have emailed Postnet,and will await their response

TS Ron

I once had a post box at Postnet of course you correct Meeks the Post Net Officials go to the GPO and collect ther post from there. As far as I remember you had to sign a slip at Post net when you received an item. This is quite a headache.

lilythepink

I think, if this is the same buyer who has "conned" Beadand Baubles AND meeks, that B&B and meeks should both send letters through to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za and ask them to investigate the buyer more thoroughly. If it is one and the same person in both instances, then this person is a scammer and should be guillotined immediately before other sellers get ripped off.

JPBon

I recently had sent something to a postnet address and the SAPO staff my side marked the slips that the person had to sign for the slip themselves and not allow Postnet to collect the parcel but only the slip. According to the staff at my branch of SAPO they have many a problem with parcels supposedly going astray etc when they get collected by postnet. Also be aware that SAPO insurance will not pay if parcels are collected by a 3rd party such as Postnet as they have no control over the parcel from that point.

Check with your post office as to making the person collect the parcel for themselves.