Sign in to follow this  
sigmacademy

Digital TV USB sticks

sigmacademy

This is a just a quick note to all buyers looking to buy USB-based TV sticks, which allows the owner to watch digital TV on their computer or laptop. Please make absolutely, 100% sure that there is a digital TV signal being broadcasted in your area. Do not believe the seller when they assure you that there is such a signal. Rather research on your own. I've bought one such TV stick, and although I believe the stick is 100% working as it should, I can't use it because there isn't a digital signal being broadcasted in my area (Cape Town suburb). This device may work once SABC actually gets around to converting our analog signal to digital, IF THEY EVER GET SO FAR. :weird::mad:

Plus, there has also been many arguments surrounding the digital TV standard (DVB-T vs other formats) that should be used, and my advice to prospective buyers is to wait until certainty is reached on which standard will be used BEFORE BUYING A TV STICK. Otherwise, you'd only be throwing money in the water once the SABC chooses another format. And no, those sticks can't pick up overseas signals; their reception capacity isn't strong enough for something like that. :sad::weird:

SUPER VALUE PRODUCTS

Hi I bought one and tried it here in Durban and I must tell you it was ok first but now a dump in the water the signal is very bad and it freezes and does not work well at all SABC will adopt DVB-t 2 and these sticks are not DVB-T 2 capable it was a waste of my money FREEZING ALL THE TIME SLOW MOVING PICTURE ID RATHER WATCH ANALOG WITH MY BUNNY ARIAL

jinxster78

While I can agree with your anger, spend money on item, get item only to find it helps you "zero". One should be pissed off....

However you cant really blame the seller if SABC doesn't deliver product and also you cant really expect a seller to be responsible for coverage even if you ask and give specifics.

In my area I dont get SABC on analog / terrestrial, so not even a really smart grid arial can help me. If I ask Game when I buy a normal TV from them, will this work in my area?... I don't think the salesman would be the oke to ask... but if I get home and it doesn't work, it would be nice to know the salesman would take it back.