Sign in to follow this  
StudMuffinsMissus

Sellers offering additional items posted free

StudMuffinsMissus

Thanks Neux, will definately buy again. Who else?

Asha Craft Jewellery

ME! I don't know why sellers (that sell small items that CAN fit into one envelope) have to charge additional fees. I understand if it makes the package go over 1kg or something like that. But jewellery can easily fit up to 20 items into one envelope, so I enjoy holding back parcels so that buyers can buy more and combine. They save on postage and I get extra sales :biggrin:

wayjen

We had a buyer purchase 2 items from us and as they came off at different times we said we would save them money and ship them in one box. The client was so chuffed at this thatthey ended up buying a few more items just to fill a box up.

daisyjewel

We only charge R25 per parcel and all extra goodies are shipped free :)

kyle2

Love sellers who do this, most will not help in this way, always out for that xtra bit.

JPBon

Im more than willing to combine items etc. where possible. I know that sometimes due to shipping categories etc being set up items may come up with combining fees but this is to cover us for all eventualities. You are more than welcome to ask me for a combined rate for stuff and I will try and be as accommodating as possible.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

I combine for all my buyers at no extra charge but i do understand why sellers charge a combining fee as i think it is to discourage the practise of combining as it does cause extra work and reconciling can be tedious if you sell 100 items plus weekly.Also my experience is that to some buyers combining means hold my item without payment until i buy again which can be in one week or perhaps 3 weeks and this then becomes a logistical nightmare and means lots of items held on hand which could be despatched and out of the way.

NEIL

StudMuffinsMissus

I will definately be looking out for all your products! Surely sellers realize this would encourage more bids... fetching higher prices. Within reason, obviously I would only expect this for items won with a day or two of each other and not on large items. Love the great sellers on BoB!

Cali Craft and Gems

From day one of selling on BoB, we have never charged a combining fee - it is only a pleasure to put extra items into one single parcel to save the buyer money! To me it seems such a waste sending one item in an envelope so try to encourage my buyers to "stuff" their parcels til it bulges! LOL

I have a large variety of envelopes, bubble packs and boxes that sometimes it's a challenge to scratch in the store (aka garage) to find a suitable box with appropriate protective material and outer wrapping! Sometimes I wonder how many of my buyer's curse me when trying to open / unwrap a parcel from us (so well wrapped, etc)...

The only time I will charge for an additional item is when the parcel is excessively heavy - honestly only for the rock lamps (over 5kg each) and sometimes buyer's order more than one at a time thus the extra charge (for weight reasons only). Otherwise I'll request a small additional fee if the parcel exceeds 2kg - if the buyer pays for 1kg and the parcel is over that, then I cover the cost myself even though the SAPO charge is much higher!

Ultimately I'm doing the buyer a favour by saving them money, and they're doing me a favour by buying my goods (and keeping me busy!)! :)

StudMuffinsMissus

Hence the great ratings Cali Craft.. I wish there was a filter to only view items from sellers with a rating of 96% +. I spend hours looking on BoB. If anyone knows how please tell me!

ziggy2000

I agree about the combining of items free if the weight allows. I understand if some sellers add say R5 per item, if one or two items are added, but surely if one buys say 10 more items then we are already at R50 plus the initial postage fee. I cannot see that anybody would be happy with that?

Lukeness

There should be a list of all sellers who do this, listing in their categories!

Wild Olive Art

I am regularly put off from buying more than one item from a seller because of the combining fees. Some are absolutely ridiculous , particularly as being a seller myself , I am well aware of packaging and postage costs. Just today I decided not to buy an additional item because the combing fee was R30 !

Many of these items combined remain under 1kg and it's nothing short of a rip off to charge for combining . In most cases it really requires very little extra effort to combine.

I will combine paintings free of charge as long as the parcel remains under 1kg. Thereafter , I only charge for the additional postage costs.

Asha Craft Jewellery

Thanks WOA, I'm so angry because I bought two paintings last week from another seller and paid R135.00 postage. I expected to get the parcel well wrapped with the works, so I did not mind paying that much for ECONOMAIL.... Parcel arrived just with two pieces of cardboard taped around the painting. No bubblewrap, not even newspaper! And the seller was only charged R36.00 !! :mad:

Wild Olive Art
Thanks WOA, I'm so angry because I bought two paintings last week from another seller and paid R135.00 postage. I expected to get the parcel well wrapped with the works, so I did not mind paying that much for ECONOMAIL.... Parcel arrived just with two pieces of cardboard taped around the painting. No bubblewrap, not even newspaper! And the seller was only charged R36.00 !! :mad:

This is the kind of thing that puts buyers off buying from the same seller again. I collect art so I often browse through the art section and I am often astounded at what some people charge to post art - especially art rolled in a cardboard tube !! On principal I will not buy from sellers who rip their clients off with shipping.

Seeds for Africa

I think congratulations are in order for Neux - They have just passed 30 000 ratings and that percentage is incredible!!!!

And in just over 2 years Well done!!!

Neux (30025 rating10.gif)

99.97% positive ratings

Located in Johannesburg

Member since 04 Feb 2009

lilythepink

I agree - congratulations Neux. I've never been disappointed when I've bought from you!