Sign in to follow this  
LuckySilver

Post Office doesnt accept credit cards now?

LuckySilver

Hi all, I have just returned from my post office today to say that they have no rules and no longer accept credit cards for payment of posting - I use my card to keep a trail on all my costs - cash is going to be so inconvenient! Is this just my post office or has anyone else experienced the same thing?

Seeds for Africa

Hi

Again I think someone is making up their own rules. I paid at my post office at 2pm today with a cc.

Thanks

Grant

Vinyl Lady Decals

They don't want to incur the merchant fees on credit card payments.

You can still use a Cheque Card or a Savings Card

SProducts

I paid today using a cheque card which is treated as credit card and there was no problem. What I have learnt with the post office staff, if they dont know they will say its not allowed or make up some story.

At Kempton Park they used to have a special teller for parcels postage till some new manager changed all that. I used to pay with a card from the same teller and one day they changed the teller and the new one said they dont take cards, she said they only withdraw from my card kind of a counter withdrawal and then pay. I refused due to costs and explained the other teller could do that and suddenly the machine was now broken and couldnt take cards anymore.

TS Ron

I paid using a cheque card a few days ago! But Eish these post office employees just make the regulations as they go along.

Wild Olive Art

I used a credit card yesterday and today at 2 different post offices with no problems , so I really do think somebody is making up their own rules. If the SAPO no longer accepted credit cards, they would have to put large notices up informing the customers.