Sign in to follow this  
Cheetah10

Shipping details not specified.......

Cheetah10

I just hate it when I look at an item (Closing soon), and the seller dit not specify shipping costs...... Even if he/she just says something to the effect that buyer must arrange for shipping (which I also have a problem with)..... but at least gives me a feel for it, (that this item is not shipped from "Hong Kong" at R380).....

I think the "shipping cost" box should be made another "compulsory" entry "field"...... will avoid a lot of negative deals where you're told after checking out....... "Item retail price = R30........ however, Shipping is R380".....

(I had an instance like this tonight)........

lilythepink

The secret to this is to enquire about shipping costs before placing a bid.

If a seller can't be bothered to list their shipping expenses then what does that tell you? Careless? How will your item be packed?

Whenever I see an item without shipping being listed, I ask the question about postage and packaging - whether I'm interested in the item or not. At least it will be there for people who are interested to see under the Q & A (that's if, hopefully, the seller doesn't delete it!)

Cheetah10

Yea... this is fine if you bid on an item closing next week....... But if it is closing soon (in 8 minutes)......no use asking "how much will shipping be to Limpopo"?.... I think the shipping detail field should be compulsory....... "*"

lilythepink

Good point, Cheetah! Sorry my brainpower did think of that perfectly obvious situation! Sorry.

Seeds for Africa

I second that. Make it compulsory. Heres a thought seeming so many threads doing the rounds on overcharges on shipping, how about a box that lists price inclusive of shipping. It should be easy to implement and the system would automatically calculate it. When comparing between sellers, buyers could then easily compare apples with apples.

Grant

Vinyl Lady Decals

I agree, I've been saying this for some time in various threads.

I feel that this provides a better buying experience and now with the new CPA, must be published so that the buyer can make an informed buying decision.