Someone needs to be complimented ...

lilythepink

With 100% ratings and virtually 4 000 transactions, I salute you, Pammie:

geewhizz (3916 rating5.gif) verifieduser.gif

100.00% positive ratings

Located in Cape Town

Member since 05 Oct 2007

Little Miss Muffet

Thank you Janet. Sometime I guess I will end up with a negative but I prefer to see that 100% there..

I just want buyers to be happy and get value for their money.

The neutral rating I had recently was apparently not the post office delay but because she did not get what she expected.

I had 5 other bidders on the item and I think she did not read the description properly as most newer buyers dont.

I offered to refund but she has not come back to me and I decided not to appeal the rating because afterall she is not totally satisfied.

If she had given me a negative I would have ,as usual, "Thrown my toys out of the cot":colbert:

MrAerospace

Gee whiz is all I can say! Well done!

mellowred

It means a lot to have 4,000 happy customers on an internet trading platform . Well done Pam.

qball

Well done!

booksallsizes

Congratulations! And lots of th_smiley_emoticons_fips_respekt.gif

Little Miss Muffet

:wink:Thanks Guys.

Would someone like to volunteer to load the other 4000 for me.

I am snowed under with stock and just cant get to it.

jinxster78

I will say well done to geewhizz, this isnt directed at you but it is a perfect example of the point I wish to make...

How can someone with 100% ratings say:

I am snowed under with stock and just cant get to it.

It just shows people would rather give more time and then do the "positive for positive" handshake than expect delivery today and shout at as many people as possible until they are helped.

In theory, if I buy something, I pay today, and tomorrow close of business there is no response... that would be seen as major k** from your local store.. here we wait some more then say congrats well done... you shipped it off within 2 days.

So it isnt a rating system.. it is a compliment system.

admin

Hi jinxster78,

I think you totally misunderstood geewhizz when she said "I am snowed under with stock and just cant get to it." This has nothing to do with ratings or items that has to be posted. This is stock that still has to be listed.

Please refrain from the swearing in your posts. The rating system is not mandatory, should you not want to make use of it, don't. Just have the courtesy to tell the sellers you buy from that you will not be rating them and do not expect a rating from them.

Thank you.

Little Miss Muffet
I will say well done to geewhizz, this isnt directed at you but it is a perfect example of the point I wish to make...

How can someone with 100% ratings say:

It just shows people would rather give more time and then do the "positive for positive" handshake than expect delivery today and shout at as many people as possible until they are helped.

In theory, if I buy something, I pay today, and tomorrow close of business there is no response... that would be seen as major k** from your local store.. here we wait some more then say congrats well done... you shipped it off within 2 days.

So it isnt a rating system.. it is a compliment system.

"Snowed under with stock" is unlisted stock that I had to go out and buy,sort out,clean,photograph,load and list on bidorbuy.

If you buy something from me today,pay for it today and I have appointments to keep tomorrow to supply you and other buyers with more stock then your parcel can jolly well be posted the next day.

Remember the work,time and money(For ads,petrol etc) involved in sourcing out the items.

All my buyers have to do is click a few buttons then sit back a have a cuppa while they wait for the parcel

I personally dont like being pointed out on the forum with "Congratulations" as I am far from perfect but I am not happy if I have an unhappy buyer and will give them exactly what I promised

Some buyers may not be happy and will not point it out or complain but if they do I will refund them in full

I have had a few negative ratings but bent over backwards to sort them out even if in the end it cost me money

Edited by geewhizz

jinxster78

Actually I wasnt targeting geewhizz... I think I said that.... if anything this is a thread hijack I was creating an example to show another point, if I used a "bad post" it wouldn't show what I mean:

Here we worship the rating number... we go ooo and aaah about it. I am not saying it is bad. Im comparing it to how it works outside of here.

In the real world... Checkers, PnP, Shoprite, Woolworths, etc get their ratings from trained mystery shoppers who fill in report cards which are used by the company to see how it can better service and keep the customers it has.

Here the ratings come in an, "anything goes" format then its publically displayed so that anyone can make up their mind about a person. While the intention is to be a good "open book" policy, and that is great, however the result is, rating givers walking on eggs becuase what you type stays typed forever. Which makes them biast to one side.

Not rating someone also has a bad "walking on eggs" effect...like slow playing someone in poker. How would the seller know? Thats why you say.. "inform the seller"... but that is only intentional.. I could still on count 99 go and rate you bad ooo I am the evil holder of the stick...its actually still bad.

Me on my own standing out of ratings isnt going to change that fact since in most cases the stats are already made.. besides having "no ratings" would also be bad since people don't deal with no ratings people either. Hence my only solution.. delete it entirely, or delete from public knowledge and only use the bits that help you find fraudsters.

Sorry if im sounding cynical, but I just dont believe ratings are accurate means to find someone to trade with. In some cases they are even duplicated obscuring percentages.

Little Miss Muffet

:angel::angel:I had to go to your listings and was suprised to see you were on 100%. I thought you had some kind of gripe.

I was even wondering if you had bought something from me and found me wanting.

On the other side of the coin we have ratings by users which are so childish and pathetic one would think they are 2 year olds

When we buy something from a retailer and we are unhappy we either phone them or go and see them face to face.

Buyers have sellers phone numbers and emails and the unnecessary evil of clicking a button and that button is ,far too often, used indiscrimately.

I would prefer admin to remove this thread from the forum.:rolleyes: before I get a swollen head.:angel:

Edited by geewhizz

jinxster78

So you assumed the worst of me too then.

PS: and my 100% includes 0 neutrals.

Little Miss Muffet

PS: and my 100% includes 0 neutrals.

Congratulations!!!!!!!:whistling:

Guest Guest

PS: and my few 100% sales include 0 neutrals.

Ou Grootbek! He-he-he-he!!!

Hoeveel items het jy al verkoop? 40 of meer as 4000?

PS " Geewhizz"

BAIE GELUK hoor!!!

mellowred

First ... congrats Geewhizz,however you may brush it off, it is an achievement. There are a lot of "complainers" out there so making them all happy takes a lot of very good service.

Second ... Sorry to hi-jack the thread Lily (and Geewhizz) :meh:

I agree and disagree with Jinxster.

The rating system is important because it is a good way to check up on sellers (and buyers). Using Geewhizz as an example (sorry :cheesy:) - a potential buyer can immediately see that she is genuine and goes out of her way to make your purchase a good experience. If there were no rating system, she may have sold 4,000 pieces of junk and given lousy service - we would never know.

But I do agree that the rating system is abused and is not always accurate. I get annoyed when reading posts where sellers are afraid to rate negative because they worry about revenge ratings. That should not be an issue. You can reply to a rating, and you can ask for it to be removed if it is unfair. If your rating is not honest it is a total waste of time and is also misleading the next "sucker" who believes you had a pleasant experience.

By the way I have two neutrals - one is entirely justified - the other was not even meant for me :huh: - buyer pushed the button three times and two innocents (one being me) ended up with a rating intended for the first guy only. But there is a story attached to that sale (mutual agreement) so I've let it stay.

qball
Actually I wasnt targeting geewhizz... I think I said that.... if anything this is a thread hijack I was creating an example to show another point, if I used a "bad post" it wouldn't show what I mean:

Here we worship the rating number... we go ooo and aaah about it. I am not saying it is bad. Im comparing it to how it works outside of here.

In the real world... Checkers, PnP, Shoprite, Woolworths, etc get their ratings from trained mystery shoppers who fill in report cards which are used by the company to see how it can better service and keep the customers it has.

Here the ratings come in an, "anything goes" format then its publically displayed so that anyone can make up their mind about a person. While the intention is to be a good "open book" policy, and that is great, however the result is, rating givers walking on eggs becuase what you type stays typed forever. Which makes them biast to one side.

Not rating someone also has a bad "walking on eggs" effect...like slow playing someone in poker. How would the seller know? Thats why you say.. "inform the seller"... but that is only intentional.. I could still on count 99 go and rate you bad ooo I am the evil holder of the stick...its actually still bad.

Me on my own standing out of ratings isnt going to change that fact since in most cases the stats are already made.. besides having "no ratings" would also be bad since people don't deal with no ratings people either. Hence my only solution.. delete it entirely, or delete from public knowledge and only use the bits that help you find fraudsters.

Sorry if im sounding cynical, but I just dont believe ratings are accurate means to find someone to trade with. In some cases they are even duplicated obscuring percentages.

Please remain on topic and DO NOT hijack threads. If you have a gripe go open a new thread or post in an existing thread on this issue, but please do not use this as your soap box to make a point, when this thread has nothing to do with your issues.

Thank you.

lilythepink

Compliments to you, too, Cuan. You obviously had Jungle Oats for breakfast this morning! :wink:

Little Miss Muffet

User "spyguy" 21,194 Positive ratings. 100% Wow!!!

mellowred
User "spyguy" 21,194 Positive ratings. 100% Wow!!!

:huh::shock::shock: That is really amazing.

No intention of offending anyone, but it's not as if he is selling 1,000s of beads or small items - he is selling a variety of items with a range of prices - almost unbelievable.

If I had a hat on I would take it off to him.

lilythepink

I salute him, too! Well done "spyguy".

MrAerospace

I want to compliment Cuan who helped with a very "delicate" matter which Lily encountered. Many thanks for your prompt assistance, Cuan. Much appreciated by both Lily and me!

qball

No problem at all. Happy to help.