Sign in to follow this  
SProducts

This is just not fair.

SProducts

I have a buyer who won a product, didnt pay in 7 days as per my listing terms. I then filed SNC, then I sold the watch to another buyer and all was okay. This buyer decides to pay, I inform them I dont have the item in stock anymore as I have sold it and offer alternatives which he doesnt like. Now I have to refund him, I inform him when he will be refunded. But he wants his refund immediately which leads to him calling me a liar and accussing me of many things like I wont refund him.

On Friday when I am about to refund, Nedbank system is not working. I email the buyer and tells him I will check again on Saturday. So Sartuday I refund the buyer and on Monday he emailed me almost the whole day still insulting me.

When I refunded the buyer, I minus banking charges for the transfer as this was not my fault and I couldnt incur more charges after the enhancement fees I lost already. Now he's starting another battle that I must refund him the R15.00 banking fees, worse the customer service says I am not allowed to do that and subtract bank fees from a refund after an SNC.

As a seller, when I made a mistake about stock and had to refund buyers. Most buyers want me to refund the banking fees they incurred in paying me and I have done that since it was my fault they incurred those charges. I also believe as a seller, its the buyer's fault they didnt pay on time and I cant suffer more costs because of them.

Worse in this case, I have lost R20.00 in listing fees, now I have lost R15.00 to refund the buyer and I have to loose another R15.00 or so in refunding them the R15.00 I subtracted. All this to someone who's been calling me names, accussing me of trying to steal his money.

I am just so fed up with this buyer!:mad:

Seeds for Africa

Sorry, I would like for Bob to clarify this. Are Bob saying that we are not permitted to deduct bank charges when refunding a customer after they have paid late, and we have resold the item? Thats hardly fair?

Some clarity would be appreciated.

lilythepink

Grant, it is perfectly correct that one can deduct one's bank charges before refunding a delinquent buyer! It's bad enough that one loses the listing costs (if the item was advertised on a promotion or in a special category).

SProducts

Well today I found out its not allowed, so to avoid many problems just dont deduct it next time a buyer pays late. Otherwise if you get an arrogant buyer like this one you might endup having to pay more bank fees.

Edited by SProducts

lilythepink
Well today I found out its not allowed, so to avoid many problems just dont deduct it next time a buyer pays late. Otherwise if you get an arrogant buyer like this one you might endup having to pay more bank fees.

Where did you find that out? I think that according to South African law if someone causes you a loss, whether it's R5.00 or R5 000.00, you have a rightful claim - particularly if you have warned the buyer not to pay as the item has been relisted or has been sold to someone else! If you've got it in your terms and conditions in your listing that would give you even better protection to claim your losses caused by the buyer.

Vinyl Lady Decals

As far as I know, no-one can stop you from deducting the fees it costs you to refund a buyer who paid despite an SNC being filed.

It is only right that you are allowed to do this

SProducts

Well I was informed by a customer care consultant that I cannot do that. She said the buyer also lost on banking charges.

Most of the time in this case I inform a buyer they will be refunded minus banking charges. But after the buyer paid and I told him the item was out of stock. He started to be a pain, he immediately reported me to BoB that I won't refund him, that was within a day after he paid and a few hours after I told him the item was out of stock. I ended up responding by informing him and BoB that I will not respond unless he stops pushing me around, not that he stopped anyway.

Edited by SProducts

MrAerospace
Well I was informed by a customer care consultant that I cannot do that. She said the buyer also lost on banking charges.

Most of the time in this case I inform a buyer they will be refunded minus banking charges. But after the buyer paid and I told him the item was out of stock. He started to be a pain, he immediately reported me to BoB that I won't refund him, that was within a day after he paid and a few hours after I told him the item was out of stock. I ended up responding by informing him and BoB that I will not respond unless he stops pushing me around, not that he stopped anyway.

Which "customer care consultant"? This doesn't seem correct advice at all!

SProducts

This buyer is becoming my April nightmare. Going through the sle, I have found out the SNC has been retracted and I have been charged for success fees, this was done yesterday after I had already refunded the buyer.

SNC..jpg.b776b6bbb40434e77a73c2b928a61157.jpg

I have just contacted the consultant for some explanation why the SNC was retracted.

Edited by SProducts

Vinyl Lady Decals

That's not right - I would definitely talk to Cuan about this - something fishy going on here

lilythepink

Tananka is right. It all sounds most odd.

brands online

now where's that post of mine about inadequately trained staff.....:whistling:

Guest Guest

I also believe as a seller, its the buyer's fault they didnt pay on time and I cant suffer more costs because of them. All this to someone who's been calling me names, accussing me of trying to steal his money.

I am just so fed up with this buyer!:mad:

I as a buyer agree 100%... That's so wrong! That buyer is trying to beat you into submission ... Block him/her... Contact BOB ASAP...

KMartin

I think this is in the lines on the new CPA.

Consumer is king. You would have to refund the buyer full amount he paid.

I am sure though if the SNC was completed and only completed then you could talk about the price differance and it would have then been the buyers fault. For a SNC to be completed ( 7 days later ) there would have been enough email's back and forth to the buyer aswell.

As far as his verbal abuse, unfortunatly you get Idiots out there.

qball

We are looking at things from the new CPA - my understanding is that you will have to give a full refund. If you wish to confirm this please seek legal advice on refunds so that you are pre-armed with this information.

Thank you

Cuan

SProducts
We are looking at things from the new CPA - my understanding is that you will have to give a full refund. If you wish to confirm this please seek legal advice on refunds so that you are pre-armed with this information.

Thank you

Cuan

Thanks Cuan for your input. The auction was won in March, auctions are not covered by the CPA from my understanding. The buyer has been a pain from the onset and I would be glad to be rid of him.

Most sellers believes the banking charges should be deducted from refund as to cover their loss, which I also believe so. Although most buyers dont read the SNC, is there a way to include a note on the SNC informing the buyer not to pay till they have confirmed availability of stock with the seller?

On the SNC case, do you know why it was retracted?

The consultant asked me to foward proof of refund to communitywatch which I did, although the buyer has already confirmed receiving the refund.

Edited by SProducts

Lukeness

Since the sale was cancelled before the buyer sent the money it could be argued that the CPA isn't really relevant. The buyer made a transaction for no reason so there is no reason the recipient (no longer a seller) should be penalized.

qball

We have been pre-empting the Act a bit, as Sellers are going to need to get used to certain things.

Which SNC are you referring to? I will look into it.

Please also be aware that sellers will have to be careful when listing stock quantities - this will be covered by the CPA.

SProducts

Which SNC are you referring to? I will look into it.

The SNC for the order in question, I filed the SNC and it was finalised and success fees credited to me. Then on Monday it was retracted and I got charged success fees although I refunded the Buyer on Saturday already. The order number is 3688348.

qball

It seems that buyer appealed it on the day you filed the SNC and said still plans to pay, then we checked bobPay and the payment was made that day, therefore we retracted the SNC as payment was made. We are not aware that the product was not supplied or that the buyer was refunded. Please send it through to me and we will change the SNC.

Thanks

Cuan

SProducts
It seems that buyer appealed it on the day you filed the SNC and said still plans to pay, then we checked bobPay and the payment was made that day, therefore we retracted the SNC as payment was made. We are not aware that the product was not supplied or that the buyer was refunded. Please send it through to me and we will change the SNC.

Thanks

Cuan

The SNC was changed again yesterday to "buyer and seller agreed to cancel the sale", so the success fees have been credited back again.