Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Once Again Images Are Missing

voldermort

Ads that I have placed in the last week, item numbers:

36526084, 36526085, 36526086, 36526087 & 36526089 are once again missing all the images.

These shall be found under my Not Yet Open listings as I don't see the point of reloading all these images and relisting them when the images are liable to disappear again at any second.

I am sure that I cannot be the only person this is happening to, however this seems to be happening constantly to me.......................I do understand that after monthes if nobody has looked at your ad images may disappear, however keep in mind these ads were listed in the last week.

I would appreciate an answer on this please.

wayjen

Sam, are they gone or it there a x in their place?

wayjen

me too.

voldermort

Hi Andries

No, what you can see is the thumbnail but if you take a look at any of my other books that are open you will see I never only include a thunbmail but always take the back cover, contents page plus any relevant pics inside the book which is what I did with these ads........and now all of these images are gone and only the front cover is remaining. This is what I cannot understand, all of my images inside the ads are gone.

MacMuffin

I went through the listings you posted and indeed see that those images uploaded on the 9th April did not make it. We did implement a fix on 16.04. which should hopefully make the upload more reliable and I would be interested to see if anyone has images missing from the 16.04. onwards.

@voldermort - I will PM you my email and if you can mail me a zip-file with the image files (need to be exact file-name as on the listings), I will be able to upload those in bulk for you. Although we have no cleanup process in place, it does seem that some users images just disappear without any trace - this seem to affect a handful of users and is obviously a concern for us. I do hope that the weekend's fix would resolve the issue for good though.

voldermort

36008674, 36009214, 36008591, 36013560 & 36179159 are all exactly the same and these ads have not even run their course yet....they are open until tomorrow and note that this is the 1st time I have placed these ads.

Also if you take a look under Books, True Crime, I have Real Life Crime Magazines listed for R10.00 each, there are about 60 I have put up....you can basically click on any of them and they too are the same as these.

MacMuffin

@voldermort - sent you an email. One more question: When you listed those items, did you individually upload the images (i.e. as part of the listing) or did you use the bulk-upload (i.e. all images in a zip-file)?

voldermort
@voldermort - sent you an email. One more question: When you listed those items, did you individually upload the images (i.e. as part of the listing) or did you use the bulk-upload (i.e. all images in a zip-file)?

Thank you I have received the email................I list all my items individually, I dont use zip files which is why I'm totally in the dark as to what to send you.

MacMuffin
Thank you I have received the email................I list all my items individually, I dont use zip files which is why I'm totally in the dark as to what to send you.

If you can just name the missing images the same as they are in the listing. Copy the missing images into a new folder and rename them - i.e. your murdermyth2.jpg becomes 720506_110409084742_murdermyth2.jpg. Then zip up that folder and mail it to me - I will sort out the rest.

MacMuffin

If anyone else has similar problems as voldermort we are more than happy to help you out - as long as you are able to provide us with a zip-file of the missing images AND the proper name. Drop me a PM and will send you my email addy...

voldermort

the images i am wanting to save are those which have already been lost and therefore do not have an url name that i can give them because they are not uploaded on bidorbuy anymore. the only urls i have are for the thumbnails but they are not the pictures which are missing.

voldermort

ok, we figured out how to put them in the file & rename them correctly, please remember though that my thumbnails (the main image) is always number 1, any number after that is for the inside of the ad.

thanks

Little Miss Muffet

Wednesday Auction photo's missing on a Royal Doulton jug that has a chip.If users cannot see the detail what then????

MiemsJewels
Wednesday Auction photo's missing on a Royal Doulton jug that has a chip.If users cannot see the detail what then????

All my photos gone gone gone......What now?

MiemsJewels
Sam, are they gone or it there a x in their place?

Only x x x x x where my photos used to be :confused::confused::confused:

voldermort
All my photos gone gone gone......What now?

all photos, not just Crazy Wed's, are gone (Wednesdays are very temperamental on BoB)..........sure they will be back soon :blink1:

MiemsJewels
all photos, not just Crazy Wed's, are gone (Wednesdays are very temperamental on BoB)..........sure they will be back soon :blink1:

Thanks I really hope it will be soon:rolleyes:

Seeds for Africa

I have emailed Mac and await his response... none of my listings have images....

voldermort
Thanks I really hope it will be soon:rolleyes:

it usually doesnt last too long..................but as i said, you have a lot of company as there are no images anywhere showing (possibly most sellers just havent realised that their images are missing yet) :wink:

Not1CentMore

Same here. I place 'bigger' picture in listing and all have gone 'poof'. I cannot create new auctions with pics. Thumbnails are blank. Haven't the foggiest idea what a zipfile is. Why, if it ain't broken, does it have to be 'fixed'?

Edited by Not1CentMore

Gems n Silver

Once Again Images Are Missing

Mine too , goooooooooooooooooooone :rolleyes:

MiemsJewels
it usually doesnt last too long..................but as i said, you have a lot of company as there are no images anywhere showing (possibly most sellers just havent realised that their images are missing yet) :wink:

Patience is my 2nd name LOL :whistling:

Little Miss Muffet

Macmuffin you are fired.

bonk..jpg.0a0798a45d0e10e0bccd6a741ff20553.jpg