Sign in to follow this  
ZoneMan

"Local is lekker" sellers only filter

ZoneMan

Can you please add an "SA only" location filter. I think I'm not the only BoBer that aren't interested in the cheap Chinese rubbish that gets dumped lately. While we're at it how about a "no drop-shipper" filter.

For me it's great fun going through the Crazy auction (picking bargain :wink:) BUT I'm not interested in importing stuff.

I'm sure the coding to do this wouldn't take more than an hour or two; so pretty please!

• Like 1

KMartin

I wish...

Alot of guys have been asking for a "local listing " thing.

Wild Olive Art

I am all for the SA only filter. It really annoys me when looking for items to have to sift through pages of Hong Kong listed items . I will never buy from an overseas seller .

• Like 1

Libertas Computers

Advanced Search, Item Location, All Major Centers? I think that might be what you're looking for in a way?

Wild Olive Art
Advanced Search, Item Location, All Major Centers? I think that might be what you're looking for in a way?

Thank you ! yes , that certainly helps !

Pickle Bearies

Yes , please!!! A SA only filter would be much appreciated!

Artemis Prime

How about it BOB?

I also don't want to browse through many pages of Hong Kong listings with shipping prices that cost more then the actual items. SA only filter is vital. eBay has something where you can look only at sellers who are in (or only ship to)the US/Canada and then International, or you can view all.

TaLamia

+1 yes please!!!

TS Ron

But what about the South Africans that are selling (drop ship) where the buyer pays for the postage from overseas?

lilythepink

But what about the South Africans that are selling (drop ship) where the buyer pays for the postage from overseas?

I know of at least one who is charging more for shipping than the item is actually worth!

jphotography

This will be an excellent button!!!!

qball
I know of at least one who is charging more for shipping than the item is actually worth!

Please stick to the topic...

Thank you

lilythepink
Please stick to the topic...

Thank you

Sorry, Cuan! :blush:

qball

What I can tell you is that we are working on a major project to provide "product attributes" which will help with filtering, sorting etc. Location will probably form part of this.

PsyCLown
What I can tell you is that we are working on a major project to provide "product attributes" which will help with filtering, sorting etc. Location will probably form part of this.

Any ETA as to when this may be implemented?

I have recently started making use of BoB and find it really frustrating filtering through pages of products which need to be shipped to me from outside of SA.

Edited by qball

TaLamia
Any ETA as to when this may be implemented?

I have recently started making use of BoB and find it really frustrating filtering through pages of "fake" or "knock off" products as well as products which need to be shipped to me from outside of SA.

I'm certain they are working on it as fast as they can :) I would rather they do a proper job of it than to rush and accidentally leave functionalities out or put it up with bugs etc. Do us proud BoB! Thank you so much, this functionality was not so much of an issue before but now we have many many more overseas sellers listing huge amounts making it really unbearable (not to mention resource heavy for those without uncapped internet) to go through listings.

qball

We cannot give you a time line as yet as this is a major project and will take a few months to roll out.

Seven Veils Trading

New look..and filter?

Great new look on the site - I had a look but did not see if it includes a filter. Maybe I missed it?

chrisc

Any news about this filter? Looking for a digital voice recorder, and most were from outside SA. I can see the seller's location is mentioned, but some local suppliers also state that the item is sourced outside the country and can take 7-10 "working days" which means 2-3 weeks in practice.

A friend who paid for an item shipped ex Hong Kong got hit for VAT and duty when collecting at the Post Office. Apart from an item costing R 550 and R 350 shipping, there was R 84,70 VAT, R 122,55 duty and R 35,00 clearing fee as well, so the item wasn't really worthwhile to buy

dominiquesonline

Yes, yes, yes! An "SA only" button is long overdue - I'd love it! If I want to import I go direct to ebay... BOB is great for local buys.

qball

We are working on this as a site attribute, due for launch in the next few months as part of our site upgrade.

Miss Jewels

How about a function where the seller is "forced" to mention that the item is shipped from overseas and not to mention it in the tiny fine print at the bottom of their pages where they then also note that it costs R200+ per item. This is so frustrating. There are a lot of newcomers who do not know about drop-shipping and other hidden costs.

beadsnbling
How about a function where the seller is "forced" to mention that the item is shipped from overseas and not to mention it in the tiny fine print at the bottom of their pages where they then also note that it costs R200+ per item. This is so frustrating. There are a lot of newcomers who do not know about drop-shipping and other hidden costs.

I see this discussion is from 2011 - has anything happened since then? I've just been caught by a seller who had "3 available" only to find out that they will import and it could take over 25 days....

mrmouse

So tired of dredging through 1000`s of dropshipped items when trying to find a locally supplied product , i can also buy on EBay etc , PLEEEEEEASE have non dropshippers , PEOPLE that actually have stock , listed seperately , WHY are so many listings SAYING , phone for availability first , stuff off if you DONT HAVE IT ,DONT LIST IT.Very tired of it .

Edited by mrmouse
  • Upvote 1

Tangmonster
On 8/5/2016 at 8:41 AM, mrmouse said:

So tired of dredging through 1000`s of dropshipped items when trying to find a locally supplied product , i can also buy on EBay etc , PLEEEEEEASE have non dropshippers , PEOPLE that actually have stock , listed seperately , WHY are so many listings SAYING , phone for availability first , stuff off if you DONT HAVE IT ,DONT LIST IT.Very tired of it .

+10000000000000000000000000000000000

PLEAAAAAASE bidorbuy. An extra box for sellers that distinguishes a sale between local stock or international stock is DESPERATELY needed.

This really is feelling like 80% of all lsitings are trash and will end up in customs nightmares.