Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Missing the plot....

Seeds for Africa

I have had the most crazy experience with a customer. Orders Wednesday afternoon. I then mail 9am Thursday even though payment received after 7am which is clearly highlighted as my cut off time for cleared payments. I send the customer an email with tracking number, link to sapo to track it and i explain that it takes 4 to 6 working days to reach them plus they will need to follow up as it can take time for the slip to arrive. I get a mail yesterday - abrupt and it says - wher is my order. Acknowledging that this buyer must have a low iq, I trace it and its been at his po since Monday - 2 working days after mailing (which I think is pretty good for SAPO. I mail him back with tracking info etc and very politely explain that he needs to fetch it. He replies in a tone I didnt appreciate -" I don't get it.The address I wanted was XXXXX. Where is the post office slip to collect the stuff at the post office."

Taking a deep breath I retype a full run down of the order, dates and times included. I take care to be very polite in my reply. Once sent through I call the buyer to speak to him. Refuses to speak english which he must be able to do, as he ordered on an english website. Sadly I dont speak Afrikaans and the call came to a quck end. I then get a reply to my email that he now "Understands and Appresiated (yes that was how he spelt it) my explanation."

My question.... can buyers really be this dumb, or am I missing the plot? I can sense a negative in the making here and have already mailed all the info to bob to pre-empt this. I believe in service excellence, and I go the extra mile for my clients. Am I missing something else that I should be doing.

And my last point. This leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. But I cant rate him negative or neutral (as I want to preserve my ratings) as he will almost certainly revenge me. I think I have a valid reason to rate negative as his actions and abrupt emails have turned this into a sour sale.

Finally.... bob..... cant you open a sticky, along the lines of the deadbeat thread for nuisance buyers to be reported?

Thanks

wayjen

Sellers should not be held accountable for parcels WAITING at the PO for buyers to collect if the seller has provided a tracking number.

babyface2

i think some buyers does not have a low IQ, they do not have any IQ at all, who suggested that new members should go through an IQ test before regristing i will second that

TS Ron

I have had a experience where I was tracking an parcel of mine as you explaining here when you enter the number on track and trace webpage says it is at the post office etc.The post office track and trace webpage even told me I had received an slip to collect the parcel. When I contact the post office to find out where the slip is they did not even have an idea where the parcel is? They had some excuse that they did not deliver mail that day so when you see something on track and trace webpage do not always believe what you have read unfortunately.

bekka87266
i think some buyers does not have a low IQ, they do not have any IQ at all, who suggested that new members should go through an IQ test before regristing i will second that

Me me it was me :awesome:

I had the exact same thing today where a customer interrogated me in broken english why SAPO does not DELIVER to her...

We should really really start a petition with this IQ thing, it's okay if I get to deal with this kind of behaviour once in a while, but not every second day...

wayjen

...even worse still, one of our buyers thinks WE ARE BID OR BUY, he messes up his order then communicates with us as if we are BoB and then asks us for books from other Bob sellers.

bekka87266
...even worse still, one of our buyers thinks WE ARE BID OR BUY, he messes up his order then communicates with us as if we are BoB and then asks us for books from other Bob sellers.

I had to answer buyers almost every single transaction about how they are NOT getting my banking details to pay...

And usually every second time I get to spend 10 minutes on the phone explaining to them whch buttom to click to pay... :weird:

It kinda get me to fear the whole cycle of confusions every time my mailbox pops an order at me...

wayjen
I had to answer buyers almost every single transaction about how they are NOT getting my banking details to pay...

And usually every second time I get to spend 10 minutes on the phone explaining to them whch buttom to click to pay... :weird:

It kinda get me to fear the whole cycle of confusions every time my mailbox pops an order at me...

jeez we get that almost every sale.

bekka87266
jeez we get that almost every sale.

It sucks all potential joy that comes with the actual order..

Edited by bekka87266
spelling f up

wayjen

just tell them BoB has your details go phone them.

bekka87266
just tell them BoB has your details go phone them.

I reply them with not more 10 words so they can feel stupid.

wayjen

i would just ask them if they want to be my friend, that would shut them up.

bekka87266
i would just ask them if they want to be my friend, that would shut them up.

Arrrggggghhhhhh I just got another email for same pay today where's stock tomorrow crap....:notrust:

Seeds for Africa

On a serious note - Bob should have a tutorial on the site to educate buyers of the process and who is responsible for what. It may alleviate a lot of frustration and we could refer them to the tutorial when confronted with silly things.

wayjen
On a serious note - Bob should have a tutorial on the site to educate buyers of the process and who is responsible for what. It may alleviate a lot of frustration and we could refer them to the tutorial when confronted with silly things.

or they can teach them to read or at least put pictures up of what to do next.

Cheetah10

I'm beginning to feel like a good buyer...... Sell me anything..... you'll not get that sort of ignorance from me..... Any bargains??.... (I am a compulsive buyer, buying things I do not need just because I think it is a bargain!!!....... please BOB...... ban me!!)....... I refuse to pay for the next thing I buy..... just so's I can get banned!.... He! He!

brands online
or they can teach them to read or at least put pictures up of what to do next.

pictures, pictures, that reading thing doesn't go down very well with some buyers..

babyface2
I'm beginning to feel like a good buyer...... Sell me anything..... you'll not get that sort of ignorance from me..... Any bargains??.... (I am a compulsive buyer, buying things I do not need just because I think it is a bargain!!!....... please BOB...... ban me!!)....... I refuse to pay for the next thing I buy..... just so's I can get banned!.... He! He!

i got lots of those, buy , buy buy, my sales is a bit slow.