Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Post office insurance now 3%!!!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

I noticed today that my local post office is now charging 3% insurance on all econoparcels -up from 2% and also speed service insurance is 3% now up from 1% previously.

Has anyone else noted this.

NEIL

Miss Jewels

Hi Neil

My post office confirmed that insurance is now 3% as of 1 April 2011 Thanks for informing us. Didn't update my details!

lilythepink

I wonder if we'll be getting damage insurance pay-outs from the Post Office now? Somehow I don't think so ...!

Does anyone know if the PO is exempt from the Consumer Protection Act?

wayjen
I wonder if we'll be getting damage insurance pay-outs from the Post Office now? Somehow I don't think so ...!

Does anyone know if the PO is exempt from the Consumer Protection Act?

they are not as I have been told so we need to watch their service from now on and report them.

Seeds for Africa

I sent parcels today and my po is only charging 2% still.

lilythepink
they are not as I have been told so we need to watch their service from now on and report them.

I think that complaints about the PO will inundate the Consumer Protector's office and they won't have time to deal with any other complaints! LOL

@GAMU - I also sent an insured parcel this morning and was charged TWO (2) percent!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

Typical of our post office-some are behind the others-Speed service is on a system so they have to charge 3% otherwise the transaction cannot be completed-econoparcel insurance is inputted manually by the counter staff so if they have not been informed properly they are still charging 2% then good luck to you,but i think all sellers are now entitled to update their listings to 3% without fear of retribution from bob .

NEIL

wayjen
I think that complaints about the PO will inundate the Consumer Protector's office and they won't have time to deal with any other complaints! LOL

@GAMU - I also sent an insured parcel this morning and was charged TWO (2) percent!

we never asked for the Act so they must live with the consequences.

LikeNeedWant

Their brochure for their new rates still states 2% for ordinary parcels with a value up to R5000.

Speed Services is the one that has increased to 3% for a value up to R10000. Follow up with the Manager, you may be overcharged by clueless staff.

On a slightly related note - is there not a literacy requirement for working for the SAPO? This week, for the second time in under a year, I have had a parcel returned to me, as if it was addressed to me. This is not a return for non-collection, but a genuine mistake on their part. I use a very large label, with a big bold font and the word TO even larger than the rest of the address for the address of the person it is being sent to, and a much smaller label with regular font for the Return Address (which includes the words Return Address, and the label is placed well away from the TO label). The shocking part is that this isn't just a mistake made by the Hub - they make the initial mistake, but my local PO compounds it by not picking up on it themselves!

eZethu Coins

I'm still being charged @ 2% and that is in accordance with their new published postal Rates booklet.

Seeds for Africa

Just been to my po and the manager advises that it is definitely only 2%.

Thanks

Grant

Cali Craft and Gems

I too have only been charged the 2% on insured parcels.

On another note though... I sent a parcel off to a buyer last week for the Alberton post office (with an Alberton street address) - it gets returned to me today with a note stating "insufficient address" - uhm number xyz Quince Street, Alberton 1448 is a valid address! Now what do I tell the buyer? How do I get him to pay for postage again thanks to the stupidity of someone at the post office!?

lilythepink

On another note though... I sent a parcel off to a buyer last week for the Alberton post office (with an Alberton street address) - it gets returned to me today with a note stating "insufficient address" - uhm number xyz Quince Street, Alberton 1448 is a valid address! Now what do I tell the buyer? How do I get him to pay for postage again thanks to the stupidity of someone at the post office!?

Some areas do not have postal deliveries (i.e. a postman) to their homes - just check that this buyer of yours does!

brands online

Yup, 2011 rates indicate 2% until 31 March 2012....

Are gangs allowed on BOB? I'd like to form a Post Office beaters gang. Anyone interested?

I just got a query from a buyer this morning saying the tracking no. I provided was a digit short accoprding to the post office. But there's 9 numerical digits and to top it off, the parcel tracks right there to the post office where the client is standing!

brands online
Some areas do not have postal deliveries (i.e. a postman) to their homes - just check that this buyer of yours does!

I've sent loads of parcels to Alberton. It's not like a remote farm area , it's just them post office nuts again...

eZethu Coins

Funny this should come up now - I overheard a similar issue at my post office yesterday. The post master said that he would send the item again at no charge to the customer if the original address details were correct.

Seeds for Africa
Yup, 2011 rates indicate 2% until 31 March 2012....

Are gangs allowed on BOB? I'd like to form a Post Office beaters gang. Anyone interested?

I just got a query from a buyer this morning saying the tracking no. I provided was a digit short accoprding to the post office. But there's 9 numerical digits and to top it off, the parcel tracks right there to the post office where the client is standing!

Yes indeed you have your first member! I am starting another gang as well - its called the TCB Gang! Thick Customer Beaters Gang! Have had the most unbelievable experience with a customer..... but thats another story and another thread!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI=

I will definitely join that gang!!Just returned from local PO and gave the staff members a beating (with my tongue)-Rates are still 2% for ordinary parcel but speed service now 3% instead of 1%,Registered letter insurance has also increased but there are different values per amount insured and not a flat percentage-

NEIL

brands online
HI=

I will definitely join that gang!!Just returned from local PO and gave the staff members a beating (with my tongue)-Rates are still 2% for ordinary parcel but speed service now 3% instead of 1%,Registered letter insurance has also increased but there are different values per amount insured and not a flat percentage-

NEIL

They must have overheard us chatting about discounts for BOB members the other day, and took it out on you :razz:

wayjen

sign us up for the Gang.

lilythepink
sign us up for the Gang.

Me, too!

wayjen

ha ha ha

lilythepink
ha ha ha

What's so funny? Never seen a mad cockatoo strutting around on an old granny's shoulder, leading the gang?

kebs

I think I'm one of the lucky ones then - my post office has very friendly people who know what's going on.. Scary stuff, but it does happen!!! :weeabooface: