Sign in to follow this  
SA picker

Not Ayoba

brands online

I found this seller not very Ayoba a while back when I received something totally different than advertised, but found some staunch support for them here on the forum. Click and Ship was this seller's 'other' BOB name, if memory serves me correct...

Good luck to the buyers... here we go again...

Edited by brands online

Guest Guest

It is a "she" had very rude phone convo's with her before. Has she not yet shipped your items?!

HDMI

I bought 8 items from the seller above..Does this mean I lost my money? Hope not.. I will give the seller the benefit of the doubt for a few days,and if not delivered,I will take the appropriate action.. Good luck all.

admin

Hi All,

The sellers accounts were disabled at her request, for outstanding orders, please contact communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za

Thank you.

Edited by admin

Seeds for Africa

It would be good for Ayoba to comment here. She always had a lot to say about dodgy sellers, so I think appropriate for some comment from Ayoba.

Ayoba should be given the benefit of doubt for now I guess - things may have occurred beyond there control!

Lukeness

I bought a handful of items from them too and don't get any replies concerning them. What really gets me as one was even a personal offer, which makes it seem pretty intentional.

lilythepink

I am really sad to hear this about Ayoba (ClickandShip). She was so much a part of this forum and a good seller at one stage.

Lukeness

I have just been informed by BoB that she is having health issues and is currently in hospital. I hope things are not too serious and she is back on her feet and on BoB soon.

SA picker

When I notified bob on your contact mail. I receive this.

Dear Client

Thank you for contacting the bidorbuy.co.za support team. This is an automated response confirming receipt of your ticket.

Your Ticket Id for this request is: CNF-76268-296.

We aim to respond to all requests within 12-18 working hours. One of our Customer Service agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

So do I need to report it again to Community watch? And they are definately not replying within the time limit.

Edited by SA picker

Guest Guest
I have just been informed by BoB that she is having health issues and is currently in hospital. I hope things are not too serious and she is back on her feet and on BoB soon.

I am just sorry that whenever she is not in the mood for customers she is in "hospital". The odds of this happening is very improbable. She has been in and out of hospital with no formal explanation 3 times the past few months, not bothered about customer service and faulty goods. Probably not worth a saleswoman since she can't take the wrap. Selling loads of things then not being able to send them off fast enough no matter how fast she goes. Backlock!

Very cheeky and not willing to listen to any reason. Read her ratings, she is always moving, no car, no house, this that tho. Excuses, excuses, excuses. To think this was a good supplier once, with yes, lily, lost to say about dodgy people.

Guest Guest
I bought 8 items from the seller above..Does this mean I lost my money? Hope not.. I will give the seller the benefit of the doubt for a few days,and if not delivered,I will take the appropriate action.. Good luck all.

My friend I feel very sorry for you. I am not allowed to speak freely here, but if you get your items, it will be a miracle. I have been waiting since January.

SA picker

I have to agree icey100.

Hi All,

The sellers accounts were disabled at her request, for outstanding orders, please contact communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za

Thank you

I dont want to stir but in admin's reply it always seems to look if you are protecting the person at fault. On many instances one can read that in replies to complaints on the forum.

A R100 here and a R100 there and at the end of the day a lot of us are losing out and Ayoba has the money in the bank. Prove of payment will show into BOB account. Please take action against her.

Seeds for Africa
I agree whole-heartedly. Action should be taken, and the word "fairness" should be redefined.

Ayoba should just refund all the buyers the cash.... they may be in hospital but I hear what Icey says...... improbable.

lilythepink
Ayoba should just refund all the buyers the cash.... they may be in hospital but I hear what Icey says...... improbable.

I am definitely not taking anyone's side here as I realise that this seller has a lot to answer for, but she has had a very difficult time since last year and needs to be kept in our prayers! I sincerely hope that she will meet her obligations to each and every buyer and, if she is in hospital again, that she will soon be well enough to see that no-one loses out because they cared enough to buy from her!

brands online
I have to agree icey100.

I dont want to stir but in admin's reply it always seems to look if you are protecting the person at fault. On many instances one can read that in replies to complaints on the forum.

A R100 here and a R100 there and at the end of the day a lot of us are losing out and Ayoba has the money in the bank. Prove of payment will show into BOB account. Please take action against her.

I have to agree with this. Not so long ago, another seller was being complained about and the negatives started piling up. We were all then informed she'd been in a "car accident" and her sister was helping out. I thought this a little "fishy" so I monitored the seller. A month after that, over the festive season, the negatives were most still there and others started coming in from buyers complaining that they'd spoken to the seller who went on holiday and would start sending the orders out now that she's back. Naturally, to this day, most of the negatives for "non-delivery" still exist, which says to me it was all a "BULL****" story.

And yes, it's a R100 here and R50 there and R200 there, so it gets gotten away with. When I look back, BOB certainly protected this seller too. And then of course, there's the Alas story. That's even more unfortunate as I've found mention of this particular seller and the situation, including fake emeralds received by buyers, on other forums and sites. To this day, to me, it still looks like BOB is protecting this seller to a certain extent...(pls don't ban me and Icey100)

Edited by brands online
grand ma

lilythepink

There are times we have good reason (we think) to disagree with the way BoB handles situations - is there ANY authority in this world who ever gets it right all of the time? But, that aside, my gripe is the way certain sellers of tiny items, e.g. rings, try to recoup their costs by way of exhorbitant shipping costs (R80, R75, R290 to post a little ring in a padded envelope, economail at under R20.00) and keep getting away with it because they are "trade feed partners" or whatever. Their items are junk (I've bought from them and really been had - the item wasn't even worth R20.00 economail and should be relegated to the status of a lucky packet ring).

If most sellers of rings (e.g. Asha Craft, Miss Jewels, etc) can charge reasonable postage why should this "trade feed partner" not have to toe the line accordingly, especially as they are making an absolute fortune out of charging excessive postage/shipping?

So, this is a point I feel strongly about but, as always, I bow to the superior opinion of Cuan and those who manage these things at BoB!

Lukeness

Do buyers that paid through BoBPay have any recourse?

What's worse is that buyers were not informed of anything unless they asked BoB. The seller could/should have had someone post some sort of notice or send out an email.

qball
When I notified bob on your contact mail. I receive this.

So do I need to report it again to Community watch? And they are definately not replying within the time limit.

Hi

Our team will assist you, however, please note, the seller contacted us regarding her hospitalization (unexpectantly) and we have no reason to suspect any foul play and we were informed that any issues would be dealt with. This has been corroborated by a second person who knows Landi. We have already taken action by removing all open items and restricting the account. Unfortunately at this stage we cannot do anymore but wait until she is discharged. We will endeavour to forward all emails and queries to the seller for answer and as soon as we can get feedback we will be in contact. Alternatively you can call our helpdesk on 0861880861 for assistance.

SA Picker, I have checked our logs and did see that you emailed us on the 12th. We do strive to respond within these times but this can be delayed due to various factors including the nature of the dispute and ability to contact the other party concerned. I do apologise if we did not respond in time. We have several other contact channels, including phone and Live Chat. We did forward your query through to the seller, but at this stage we are told that she will not be able to respond to emails. Please also note, as bidorbuy is not the buyer we cannot take legal action against her.

Thank you all for your understanding in this regard.

Cuan

qball
I have to agree with this. Not so long ago, another seller was being complained about and the negatives started piling up. We were all then informed she'd been in a "car accident" and her sister was helping out. I thought this a little "fishy" so I monitored the seller. A month after that, over the festive season, the negatives were most still there and others started coming in from buyers complaining that they'd spoken to the seller who went on holiday and would start sending the orders out now that she's back. Naturally, to this day, most of the negatives for "non-delivery" still exist, which says to me it was all a "BULL****" story.

And yes, it's a R100 here and R50 there and R200 there, so it gets gotten away with. When I look back, BOB certainly protected this seller too. And then of course, there's the Alas story. That's even more unfortunate as I've found mention of this particular seller and the situation, including fake emeralds received by buyers, on other forums and sites. To this day, to me, it still looks like BOB is protecting this seller to a certain extent...(pls don't ban me and Icey100)

Brands unfortunately I will have to disagree with your statements (again). We look at everything given the circumstances, what details and information is given to us etc., based on that and feedback from the seller, determines the course of action to be taken. Maybe we will start asking sellers for sick notes if they have been uncontactable for more than 2 days - one needs to be realistic. The site is built on trust and honesty, and we cannot always prove that a seller is telling us a lie, we work with what information is given to us. Please remember, one cannot always lay the blame at our feet, no one forces a buyer to buy from a particular seller. On other sites you have absolutely no recourse, assistance or guidance with sellers, you take your chances (I refer specifically to classified sites where fraud is far more rampant than here). As it stands many people think we are too hard on sellers, some think that we are too strict, others think that we only protect buyers, others only the sellers.

Each situation is different, with different circumstances and factors, you cannot apply this to each and every situation that arises. Alass has been assisting us in resolving issues, and we are continuing to refund buyers with his assistance and has not disappeared, so I fail to see how these scenarios are all labelled fraud? There are also examples of sellers that buy goods from a particular supplier with the belief that goods were as described, the sellers were lead to believe this and were themselves "duped" into thinking this (not being savvy or experts in the field). This does not mean that it was intentional from the sellers side. They also takes losses and some fall into financial trouble because they cannot sort out the money issues, it could happen to any business at any time. Any issues regarding fake stones and other forums - I wouldn't read too much into those, often they are completely hearsay, supposition and opinion, often not backed by any fact or evidence. Why would we protect sellers to such an extent - has it done any good for our reputation? We do what we can with what we have at our disposal. We certainly do not intentionally allow this to happen just so our hard earned reputation is tarnished by the likes of such sellers. Regardless of what we do or do not do, you as consumers have rights, these have always been protected by law, we cannot enforce these rights on your behalf. We have always been happy to assist any user who has been affected by fraud matters, giving out details, assisting police investigations, bringing fraudsters to book etc. Most sellers believe we do not give them enough protection, that is clear if you look at the posts on the forum, on the other hand buyers believe we protect sellers too much. At the end of the day, you guys interact with each other, you make the decisions to buy or sell, at your own discretion, no one forces you to make these decisions and is part and parcel of internet transactions as there is no face to face interaction in this environment.

No matter how large your site is or the policies and procedures you have in place, there are never any guarantees in the virtual world, the best we can do is try to make it as safe as possible, but we can't predict or control people's behaviour, if we could, this would be the greatest website on earth.

In conclusion - whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion and their comments I will respectfully ask that personal attacks not be posted here as it is not clear that any fraud has taken place, and that the topic remain on track and not about other issues or sellers.

Thank you

Cuan

qball
Do buyers that paid through BoBPay have any recourse?

What's worse is that buyers were not informed of anything unless they asked BoB. The seller could/should have had someone post some sort of notice or send out an email.

Our bobPay terms do not cover refunds if the seller was paid out already nor do we guarantee recovery of any funds. As we do not believe this to be a case of fraud and due to the sellers sudden unexpected hospitalization and surrounding circumstances hase made it difficult for us to inform buyers of the situation. Unfortunately that is all we can tell you at this time.

qball
There are times we have good reason (we think) to disagree with the way BoB handles situations - is there ANY authority in this world who ever gets it right all of the time? But, that aside, my gripe is the way certain sellers of tiny items, e.g. rings, try to recoup their costs by way of exhorbitant shipping costs (R80, R75, R290 to post a little ring in a padded envelope, economail at under R20.00) and keep getting away with it because they are "trade feed partners" or whatever. Their items are junk (I've bought from them and really been had - the item wasn't even worth R20.00 economail and should be relegated to the status of a lucky packet ring).

If most sellers of rings (e.g. Asha Craft, Miss Jewels, etc) can charge reasonable postage why should this "trade feed partner" not have to toe the line accordingly, especially as they are making an absolute fortune out of charging excessive postage/shipping?

So, this is a point I feel strongly about but, as always, I bow to the superior opinion of Cuan and those who manage these things at BoB!

Hi Janet

Please PM which "tradefeed" partner you refer to? I am not aware of any tradefeed partner doing this. Please stick to the topic as requested.

Thanks

Cuan

brands online

Hi q-ball, I didn't paste your initail reply to me as it was rather lenghty. My earlier reference to the other seller was to elaborate on the fact that follow-ups on these 'excuses' are not done by BOB or not regularly enough. My post also clearly stated that the negatives received and the comments left by the respective buyers for "non-delivery" of items bought over the so-called sick period (4 to 5 months later) still remain, which means the buyers have not received their items to date and that does constitute fraud. It doesn't require a sick note to find out why a seller has still not sent so many items all this time later.

Granted, BOB cannot police everyone, but surely if a seller receives 30-50 negative ratings over a month for non-delivery, then that should raise some red flags and deserve a detailed follow up? I'm sure you probably won't agree (again).

With regards taking comments elsewhere as hearsay, I'm sure you'll agree that good remarks about the site would benefit us all much more than the crap out there.

Anyway, to bring the topic back on track, I do hope this does turn out well...

qball
Hi q-ball, I didn't paste your initail reply to me as it was rather lenghty. My earlier reference to the other seller was to elaborate on the fact that follow-ups on these 'excuses' are not done by BOB or not regularly enough. My post also clearly stated that the negatives received and the comments left by the respective buyers for "non-delivery" of items bought over the so-called sick period (4 to 5 months later) still remain, which means the buyers have not received their items to date and that does constitute fraud. It doesn't require a sick note to find out why a seller has still not sent so many items all this time later.

Granted, BOB cannot police everyone, but surely if a seller receives 30-50 negative ratings over a month for non-delivery, then that should raise some red flags and deserve a detailed follow up? I'm sure you probably won't agree (again).

With regards taking comments elsewhere as hearsay, I'm sure you'll agree that good remarks about the site would benefit us all much more than the crap out there.

Anyway, to bring the topic back on track, I do hope this does turn out well...

That is not clear from your initial post thus my response. Buyers also need to take responsibility - often many buyers simply do not contact us, those that do, we try to assist as much as possible. It is the buyers responsibility to ensure they enforce and protect their rights if they have not received the goods, we cannot always do this for you. Please PM me the details of the seller you refer to? I will follow up on it.

Thanks

SA picker

I have to agree that BOB is better than most other and thats why I am still here buying and selling. My overall experience is that most, are here for the right reasons. I had my share with the shooters incident and loosing R4000+ was a great deal to me. Would be interesting to see what the overall amount is, that is part of Ayoba not delivering. Also great to see one can give your opinion on matters.

Our bobPay terms do not cover refunds if the seller was paid out already nor do we guarantee recovery of any funds. As we do not believe this to be a case of fraud and due to the sellers sudden unexpected hospitalization and surrounding circumstances hase made it difficult for us to inform buyers of the situation. Unfortunately that is all we can tell you at this time.

Could you pm me her details as I am not going to leave it here. With shooters we had to basicly do the investigation ourself and I dont want to go the same way again. (even this time it is only R100.) Sellers and buyers needs to take responsibility for their actions.