Sign in to follow this  
lilythepink

A MATERNITY(?) ring ...

Guest Guest
Interesting item, a maternity ring! Does one only wear it while one is pregnant? Read the listing and you will see it clearly states " wide band maternity ring". Perhaps it stops the baby falling out?

Gold - 9ct gold jewellery items (late listing) for sale in Witbank (ID:36183215)

(I think the seller should have said "eternity" ring!) LOL

Hi!

~LOL!~

You mean like a "Worn O'ring" undergird ring, thang...? :awesome:

Have you noticed the peculiar bunch of bidders there? There's Rooikoppie - nightnurse? (Younger sister of Rooikappie...); "Skêr" (Snip-snip... Says it all!); "Miss jewels" (Ring mechanic?); Dik Jan... (Ring-rod? (Ring-fitting device carrier.); B. Young ( That's the Baby. No name yet...; "B" may suggest Boet or Betty...) etc...

Good scouting on your part - well done!

Have a look here:

Q Do you mean "Eternity ring" (Maternity) - Asked by geewhizz (3900 )

A No i mean maternity ring, a eternity ring is given as a simbol of everlasting love and a maternity ring is given to a mother of a new born baby. There is a difference in the simbol however hardly any difference in the type of rings as these days any rings can be seen a a maternity ring, In the olden days and even practised today its thought that a mother expecting a boy should be given a blue maternity ring and those expecting a girl should wear a pink one, Anyways thats just a bit of history about the simbols of rings. And I just did a search now and found out that there are even belly maternity rings.

If any ring can be seen a a maternity ring - what does it make me... too? :nuts:...!

PS Posted on a lighter note.:wink:

Edited by Edmund1000
Removed an s...

lilythepink

Gosh, Edmund, you have been busy! I came across the "maternity" ring quite by accident and couldn't help sharing it with readers on the forum. (Just glad I won't need to ever wear a "maternity" ring in the years ahead of me!!) lol

MrAerospace

You're not as glad as I am, lily! Whew!

lilythepink
Hi!

Have you noticed the peculiar bunch of bidders there? There's Rooikoppie - nightnurse? (Younger sister of Rooikappie...); "Skêr" (Snip-snip... Says it all!); "Miss jewels" (Ring mechanic?); Dik Jan... (Ring-rod? (Ring-fitting device carrier.); B. Young ( That's the Baby. No name yet...; "B" may suggest Boet or Betty...) etc...

PS Posted on a lighter note.:wink:

You missed out on "dikjan"!! LOL Sorry, I see you did suggest it as "ring rod". I think it translates as "thick john!"!! Goodness gracious!

Guest Guest

~ROLFL!!~

"Somebody" nibbling away on a big Aero bar now too...

That funny, "clean" picture I had, is getting weirder by the minute...:embarrest:

PS All that you need now is Wayne... :nuts:

wayjen

I think maybe a search for a spell checker would be in order.

Kit W
I think maybe a search for a spell checker would be in order.

The seller has given an in-depth description of the MATERINTY ring. Never too old to learn.

wayjen
The seller has given an in-depth description of the MATERINTY ring. Never too old to learn.

saw that.

lilythepink

Perhaps a belly-ring would be more appropriate in the circumstances? LOL

http://www.wikihow.com/Manage-Belly-Button-Rings-During-Pregnancy

I wonder what "custom" or "religion" imposed maternity rings (be they for fingers or bellies) on husbands?

Edited by lilythepink

Miss Jewels

"peculiar bunch of bidders "? HuH Edmund? Sniff Sniff......I'm a ring mechanic? lol

lilythepink
"peculiar bunch of bidders "? HuH Edmund? Sniff Sniff......I'm a ring mechanic? lol

Perhaps he meant that, in a panic, you must ring for the mechanic? LOL

wayjen

Pam needs a ring mechanic.

Guest Guest

:nuts:.... \:wub:/.... :oops:....

Hello Miss Jewels

Sniff???

Like in: "Sniff... ~Musk?!~ Sniff-.. s-n-i-f-f-a-a-a!" ~Blushes~

Was thinking..., what happened to good old Red Riding Hood...? This thread is now swarming with peeping, aspirant Ring mechanics...

PS If I close my eyes (Have no distinctive third eye.) I can hear a few humming in this thread; "I want to be a Simba hippie.." LOL!

Miss Jewels

Edmund...you're classic. Good way to start our day! No, the "sniff sniff" was not the smell of musk. It was the demotion from designer/seller to ring mechanic! Aaarrgggg....Have a G8 day all peepers

Guest Guest
Edmund...you're classic. Good way to start our day! No, the "sniff sniff" was not the smell of musk. It was the demotion from designer/seller to ring mechanic! Aaarrgggg....Have a G8 day all peepers

A-a-a-www! You're sweet. Honestly? I'm blushing all the way... He-he! Have a great day too!

Edited by Edmund1000
Disabling my signature ~LOL~