Sign in to follow this  
nmather

Scammed out of my money!!!!!

nmather

In January I bought a pair of jeans from Seller Skeletonkey, I recieved them but in the wrong size(also they were fakes) myself and the seller agreed that I would recieve a refund so I sent the items back to him. He recieved it on the 16 February according to the post office tracking system. Everytime I try to call him there is no answer and when I mail him he says he has not recieved it of he has lost my banking details so i re-send it even though it is on the same e-mail he sent. It is now April and still no luck but he is allowed to sell openly as if everything is ok

brands online

Hi nmather, I would suggest an email to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za, firstly informing them of the fake jeans and then also the problem you're having getting your monies back from the seller. They'll assist as best they can.

Tramia44

I bought 4 items from skeletonkey about a year and a half ago 2 of these items were Guess handbags. The total amount was about R1600.00. I never received any of the items. I was so absolutely disappointed and contacted Marcus Coetzee (skeletonkey) numerous x but he just kept on making excuses and failed to deliver. I have learnt my lesson and at that time was unaware that I could post here or let BOB know about this fraudster so I just accepted that this is what online buying was all about. I hope he is not still selling on BOB, I think this guy should be locked up for being so cunning and deceitful. Rot in hell you punk

kyle2

The seller may have changed his name as Skeletonkey is not listed, do you have a link to the item you bought?

Miss Jewels

I hope Admin is reading this......doesn't sound good at all.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
I bought 4 items from skeletonkey about a year and a half ago 2 of these items were Guess handbags. The total amount was about R1600.00. I never received any of the items. I was so absolutely disappointed and contacted Marcus Coetzee (skeletonkey) numerous x but he just kept on making excuses and failed to deliver. I have learnt my lesson and at that time was unaware that I could post here or let BOB know about this fraudster so I just accepted that this is what online buying was all about. I hope he is not still selling on BOB, I think this guy should be locked up for being so cunning and deceitful. Rot in hell you punk

HI

The bags were most likely fakes anyway-Please dont accept that online trading is like that as most sellers are ethical and honest.You can still lay a charge and contact community watch to assist you to recover your monies.

NEIL

lilythepink

I second what ATA has said. Most sellers on Bid or Buy are honest and ethical and, if approached correctly, fair and helpful. Please don't be put off dealing with established buyers because of one bad experience!

brands online
HI

The bags were most likely fakes anyway-

NEIL

Hi Neil, I second that. However when I brought this "fake goods" affair up about Skeletonkey almost a year ago, the thread was quickly closed after the seller was adamantly defended by regular forumers (no names mentioned) and BOB confirmed they'd recived proof of authenticity in "2009". I fully understand its impossible for BOB to police every single item, but common sense does come into play sometimes. When recognised trademarks or brands are sold week in and week out by the same seller for a tenth to a hundredth of the price they sell in recognised stores, there's something not very right there. I also think that these "proofs of authenticity" that are accepted by BOB should be construed as an oath on the part of the seller to "only" sell authentic goods and not mix fake products up inbetween and BOB should take the seller up for breach of that if it happens. If an accusation or report is made is made to communitywatch, the seller should have to provide the information or proof of authenticity on "that" item to BOB, rather than the person reporting it having to provide the proof that it's fake. However, I don't see this happening as in this case for example, there are others sellers on BOB still selling these very same fake items that Skeletonkey has been selling.

Perhaps it'd be better if it was renamed to "reportafterduped" instead of "communitywatch"

TS Ron

Please report the matter to Bidorbuy unless it has been brought to their attention you allowing this person to freely sell once again. I know it is difficult for them to police every single seller etc. These people are every where you can not keep them out. But I do believe their time eventually runs out and they do get justice sorry to hear about your loss.

qball
Hi Neil, I second that. However when I brought this "fake goods" affair up about Skeletonkey almost a year ago, the thread was quickly closed after the seller was adamantly defended by regular forumers (no names mentioned) and BOB confirmed they'd recived proof of authenticity in "2009". I fully understand its impossible for BOB to police every single item, but common sense does come into play sometimes. When recognised trademarks or brands are sold week in and week out by the same seller for a tenth to a hundredth of the price they sell in recognised stores, there's something not very right there. I also think that these "proofs of authenticity" that are accepted by BOB should be construed as an oath on the part of the seller to "only" sell authentic goods and not mix fake products up inbetween and BOB should take the seller up for breach of that if it happens. If an accusation or report is made is made to communitywatch, the seller should have to provide the information or proof of authenticity on "that" item to BOB, rather than the person reporting it having to provide the proof that it's fake. However, I don't see this happening as in this case for example, there are others sellers on BOB still selling these very same fake items that Skeletonkey has been selling.

If common sense prevailed why did you buy the items? I think buyers also make this worse by indirectly supporting such behavior from sellers - driven by the need for bargains and other motives - it's like people buying pirated DVD's off the side of the road - they don't want to pay for the original because it's too expensive, but will support ad encourage piracy by buying knock off DVDs.

The problem is this - the onus does fall on the buyer to prove this, and we do ask sellers for proof and if proof is supplied and we are reasonably satisfied with what was presented, then we have no reason to doubt the seller. The principles of trust, honesty and integrity are vital in this environment, but we can't monitor, police, validate or vett every single product listed. Sometimes you will only find out after the purchase has been done that the item is fake, we have no way of physically inspecting the goods or in many cases not able to get clarity from experts/knowledgeable persons/local agents/distributors etc. to confirm this. We are also not experts in any particular field and therefore cannot always take your word for it, that is why we insist that documented proof/evidence is supplied. If you suspect certain items please feel to report it to COMMUNITYWATCH, we will investigate and take steps if need be. But with over 650 000 products listed daily and over 3000 categories it is physically impossible to monitor all items. eBay has exactly the same issues and they have far more resources and staff to manage their site.

Skeletonkey has been restricted from selling on our site until further notice and has been for some time now. This site is just as much yours as it is ours, and your efforts to help minimise such issues does help. Threads get closed because they become confrontational, personal and often include very little fact or proof, mostly opinion, hearsay and supposition.