Sign in to follow this  
Nubbi

painting by Vic Andrews??

Nubbi

Hi bobers and art lovers! I hope you can Help me, I was recently given a landscape painting paited by Vic Andrews and wouls love to know if it is worth anything? would it be worth selling on BoB?

thanking you in advance

nubbi

meeks

Vic Andrews Painting

Hi Nubbi,

Hold on to your chair! Vic Andrew's paintings are found in collections in South Africa, Germany, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.

He was born in South Africa (East London), and get this! his painting titled "CHARGING ELEPHANT' is for sale for the princely sum of R35000.00

So yes, you most definately have a vluable painting there, as Vic Andrews was passionate about the outdoors for inspiration for his work, both animal and landscapes'

Good luck!!!

Nubbi

wow

can you suggest a starting price for the landscape that i have?

[/img]

meeks

Vic Andrews

Hi Nubbi,

I can not give you a figure, but you can phone a place in Montagu called LEGACIES AND LEGENDS. Your painting should have a title, the year it was done, signed by the artist. They should be able to tell you what it would sell for, it will NOT be small change.

Nubbi

thanks

hi thanks for the help, but i phoned them and they say that they cant give me an estimate and that the artist is suffering from extreme alzheimers and wont last much longer! very sad, such a waste of talent!