Sign in to follow this  
AManAPlanAgain

I am so P!ssed at Bob !!

AManAPlanAgain

On the 24th March I went on holiday. With no worries I enjoyed my much deserved break from the world. No items were open for sale and I had no bids on any items.

Imagine my surprise when I returned today to discover that my account (AMANAPLAN) has been disabled and that bob is helping a user to open a fraud case against me.

Let me paint the background:

In February, the 15th to be precise, I sold an item for R680 postage incl. On the 17th February I mailed the item and send the tracking number to the buyer after receiving confirmation from bob iro the payment.

On the 5th April (47 days later) I started receiving emails from the buyer as well as bob customer support asking for info on the item. As I was on holiday at that stage, I was oblivious to the emails.

On the 8th April, Solanche Schoeman from bob customer support deactivated my account. The buyer then started to scream FRAUD at the top of his lungs.

"

> I will appreciate if you blacklist this SELLER in your

database

> and advise so that I may go to the POLICE STATION with SELLER full

> details to report the matter as FRAUD for immediate

arrest

>

> I need FULL SELLER details please - physical address, contact numbers,

> WORK address

"

The fact that Solanche or the buyer could just have picked up the phone to

A) call me and ask whats going on or,

B) dial the post office tracking number or

C) use the postoffice online tracking query facility apparently did not occur to them.

If they did any of the above they would have found that the package is at the post office R&N division (have no idee what it stands for) because it was never collected !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not put a return address on my packages because then I have to pay to have it resend.

All my emails to bob has gone unanswered. My calls to the call centre gets a message to state that they are now closed and that the office hours are from 08:00 to 17:00 although I have been calling on the hour every bloody hour today. Even my forum access was revoked forcing me to register this user alias to have my say.

I have 1 negative rating from 2007 which was a revenge rating and currently stand at 99.22%.

In light of this, my question is WTF????

FYI - the buyers email doesn't work anymore. I cant even look at the actual order to get additional contact details.

Edited by AManAPlanAgain
added original user

brands online

Sympathise with you AManAPlan and Again. Recently I had a buyer buy something on the 31 March 2011. On the 1 April 2011, I started receiving mails from BOB, because the buyer was complaining they hadn't received their parcel. A quick look at the order and anyone at BOB could have seen the item was only won a day before and yet the tracking no. had been sent already and was on the bOB system! After I had to call BOB and tell the consultant there the whole story, I was told, Oh sorry, I didn't look at the date even....

Not as bad a situation as yours, but can that like everything else all the time be put to human error or certain lack of knowledge or training by incompetent BOB staff?

lilythepink

Oh dear, these both sound horrendous experiences. Wonder what BoB has to say about both of them?

alloway65
Wonder what BoB has to say about both of them?

Very inept from a long standing client orientated business.:worried:

Guest Guest

Admin please respond to this occurence.

qball

I do apologise for this. Unfortunately this is our procedure if we do not get written confirmation when we send a request for an update or for more information. Our standard policy is to put everything in writing via email. We unfortunately cannot phone every single seller. If after a certain amount of time has passed and we get no written response from the seller, we may take the necessary action which includes disabling the account.

Please note - we are not responsible for tracking buyers parcels.

As far as I can tell we have responded to all your emails except for the one sent this morning which will be responded to. I also see that our security team have re-enabled your account (at 14.44pm). I am also not aware of any phone calls not being answered today (I have checked our phone logs and do not see any unanswered calls from your 2 numbers).

Please note - it is our policy to send written requests to sellers, you were copied on all requests for information, unfortunately we are not to know that you were on leave and as stated we do not phone a seller every time there is an issue, this is primarily due to number of incoming calls we deal with on a daily basis.

Once again, we do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Cuan

Little Miss Muffet
On the 24th March I went on holiday. With no worries I enjoyed my much deserved break from the world. No items were open for sale and I had no bids on any items.

Imagine my surprise when I returned today to discover that my account (AMANAPLAN) has been disabled and that bob is helping a user to open a fraud case against me.

Let me paint the background:

In February, the 15th to be precise, I sold an item for R680 postage incl. On the 17th February I mailed the item and send the tracking number to the buyer after receiving confirmation from bob iro the payment.

On the 5th April (47 days later) I started receiving emails from the buyer as well as bob customer support asking for info on the item. As I was on holiday at that stage, I was oblivious to the emails.

On the 8th April, Solanche Schoeman from bob customer support deactivated my account. The buyer then started to scream FRAUD at the top of his lungs.

"

> I will appreciate if you blacklist this SELLER in your

database

> and advise so that I may go to the POLICE STATION with SELLER full

> details to report the matter as FRAUD for immediate

arrest

>

> I need FULL SELLER details please - physical address, contact numbers,

> WORK address

"

The fact that Solanche or the buyer could just have picked up the phone to

A) call me and ask whats going on or,

B) dial the post office tracking number or

C) use the postoffice online tracking query facility apparently did not occur to them.

If they did any of the above they would have found that the package is at the post office R&N division (have no idee what it stands for) because it was never collected !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not put a return address on my packages because then I have to pay to have it resend.

All my emails to bob has gone unanswered. My calls to the call centre gets a message to state that they are now closed and that the office hours are from 08:00 to 17:00 although I have been calling on the hour every bloody hour today. Even my forum access was revoked forcing me to register this user alias to have my say.

I have 1 negative rating from 2007 which was a revenge rating and currently stand at 99.22%.

In light of this, my question is WTF????

FYI - the buyers email doesn't work anymore. I cant even look at the actual order to get additional contact details.

If this was me I would check in to my emails at an internet cafe. Any error could arise when one is a user on Bob i.e. A parcel not arriving

I would let Bob know I was away.

You cant expect them to guess your movements.

Your complaint is not logical.

wayjen

I often wonder if using tracking numbers is for our (sellers) benefit or for a buyers benefit because some of them have no idea what they do or what it even means when you get a tracking number. If people are savvy enough to go through all the checks and balances to bid on an item the they should be clever enough to track their parcels.

If you send an item by post with a tracking number and the clients starts screaming that they have not got their parcel and they could have tracked it to their post office then they should be sanctioned and not the seller.

With the new CPA,which we never asked for, we should start taking the SAPO on with regards shoddy service which includes alerting you to a parcel waiting at your nearest PO.

Vinyl Lady Decals
I often wonder if using tracking numbers is for our (sellers) benefit or for a buyers benefit because some of them have no idea what they do or what it even means when you get a tracking number. If people are savvy enough to go through all the checks and balances to bid on an item the they should be clever enough to track their parcels.

If you send an item by post with a tracking number and the clients starts screaming that they have not got their parcel and they could have tracked it to their post office then they should be sanctioned and not the seller.

With the new CPA,which we never asked for, we should start taking the SAPO on with regards shoddy service which includes alerting you to a parcel waiting at your nearest PO.

I agree wholehearted with all your comments, I feel that as sellers we are clients of SAPO so we should be able to hold them to the CPA in all aspects.

Therefore they should be held accountable for parcels that are damaged or stolen regardless of whether the parcel was insured or not, they are responsible for providing a decent, acceptable service to their clients as per the CPA and this includes the fact that they must send out slips to the addressee.

wayjen

Yes Tananka, we must take them on. How is it possible that an item marked FRAGILE is broken but an article not marked FRAGILE is not although there is also breakables in the parcel.

I just heard that BoB staff do not know how to track parcels either.

Guest Guest

Definitely! Some buyers have no idea what a tracking number is or what collect at Post Office means. I'm sorry but I think that the average BoBber's IQ is about 50. Do they expect us to airdrop the parcels like Santa? I would include an "air shipping" option for R500 postage and get my friend who has a heli to go drop it on the guy's front lawn of his residential address without any bubblewrap from about 100 feet in the air, and notify him via SMS that his parcel has arrived ON HIS DOORSTEP WITHIN 12 HOURS of payment clearing!

Plus: SAPO should be held more responsible and the buyer should be sanctioned if he/she is too [CENSORED] buy online or to think a parcel has got wings. Bidorbuy is not a Spaza shop. Goodness! Plus SAPO can be a bit more helpful to notify you of waiting parcels. One lady moaned by me the other day the back packroom is too full of parcels. Well, then do something about it!

In short, I agree 100% with Wayjen

Edited by icey100
typo

wayjen

How much money has BoB generated for the PO alone?

Seeds for Africa

Heres a concept.... with the bob sellers buying power as such with the post office, someone at Bob should approach SAPO about a preferrential rate for Bob users. now that would be a good idea..... and if they wont do anything maybe Postnet will? Something for Bob to think about.

wayjen

postnet use a courier service and their prices seemed like a thumbsuck when we asked them.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

Postnet use DHL couriers-Very reliable but i have not checked prices-Other post is piggy backed on GPO and they charge above that so you will not save -I personally spend app R1800 TO R2200 (of course paid by the buyers most times)(i record this monthy for tax reconciilation) on postage each month as 99% of my items are speed serviced or registered-Over last three years this is almost R70 000.00-Unbelievable but as close to true as dammit!!

NEIL

wayjen

what a nice turn over for competition to the SAPO.

Little Miss Muffet

Bob should open a financial institution. Bob bank no.2 and confound the banks and their charges.

The banks are a disgrace.

While they are about it open a bobpost and confound the post office too.:idea::toung:

wayjen

you tell 'em Pammie, you tell 'em.

RAG Auctioneers

We spend almost R6000 a month at our little Post Office.

I did ask the lady if we can get a discounted rate. She says they only give discounts to people who send 100 or more parcels at a time..... I dont think 100 parcels would even fit into that Post Office.

Seeds for Africa
We spend almost R6000 a month at our little Post Office.

I did ask the lady if we can get a discounted rate. She says they only give discounts to people who send 100 or more parcels at a time..... I dont think 100 parcels would even fit into that Post Office.

Okay. I asked my post office as I spend around R 4 000 to R 7 000 a month between my business and my bob activities. I was told that the branch manager could make that decision only. So i asked to see him and was told he is "relieving" at another branch. I eventually tracked him down after spending R100 in phone calls. He told me when I spend more than R10 000 a month they can give me a discount. i asked him what the discount will be and he couldnt tell me. Quite pathetic.

Can anyone tell me if they actually do get a discount from the post office and what their terms are. I feel that if us sellers could approach our post offices with a "precedent" (a deal that another seller is getting), we may be able to get some headway.

And Tananka - agreed time we all grouped together and took SAPO head on in terms of the CPA.

Thanks

Edited by Seeds for Africa
Typo

brands online
Okay. I asked my post office as I spend around R 4 000 to R 7 000 a month between my business and my bob activities. I was told that the branch manager could make that decision only. So i asked to see him and was told he is "relieving" at another branch. I eventually tracked him down after spending R100 in phone calls. He told me when I spend more than R10 000 a month they can give me a discount. i asked him what the discount will be and he couldnt tell me. Quite pathetic.

Can anyone tell me if they actually do get a discount from the post office and what their terms are. I feel that if us sellers could approach our post offices with a "precedent" (a deal that another seller is getting), we may be able to get some headway.

And Tananka - agreed time we all grouped together and took SAPO head on in terms of the CPA.

Thanks

As far as I know, and from what their rates booklet says, it's like RAG said. you need to post at least 100 parcels at a time and then it's something like 2,5%.

wayjen

We also wanted to ask them for a discounted rate but by the sounds of some of the responses here I think it would be a waste of time.

What we need to do is make a note of all mishaps that happened at the PO side where it is their fault and see if the CPA can help in that respect. We are waiting for a parcel from the USA for over a month now and it is no where to be seen.

lilythepink
We are waiting for a parcel from the USA for over a month now and it is no where to be seen.

Remember that my metal detector, via Royal Mail, took nearly 7 weeks to reach me but it arrived safely and I didn't have to pay so much as a cent customs duty!

Guest Guest
I do apologise for this.

Please note - it is our policy to send written requests to sellers, you were copied on all requests for information, unfortunately we are not to know that you were on leave and as stated we do not phone a seller every time there is an issue, this is primarily due to number of incoming calls we deal with on a daily basis.

Once again, we do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Cuan

Hi

What about a semi auto sms alert service to sellers etc. on BOB they can subscribe to: Dear "Sam", we received a complaint from a Buyer/seller that you do not respond to email (Phone calls etc.) Please contact "Kermpot..." Etc.

(This may spoil a lovely dinner... or, a roll in the hay... But, "who cares"; the Bob-buyer-seller may say... )

Or, version 1.01 Beta:

Good day, this is a friendly request to contact buyer "Tears-in-the-drain" regarding a sale please. Please select the appropriate option below:

Please press:

"1" If you are on holiday. A cell number of "buyer person" will be forwarded to you shortly afterwards. Please send a "please call me" to buyer...

"2" If you are ill but will contact the buyer.

"3" If you are unable to contact buyer via email. A cell number of "buyer person" will be forwarded to you shortly afterwards. Please send a "please call me" to buyer...)

"4" If you are fed up with buyer. (We can blacklist the buyer - for a fairly small service fee.)

"5" If you have no excuse - in that case we will vacuum pack your unsold goods until you clean up your act. Capisce?!

"0" If you are a scammer - in this case: Please wait 10 seconds... You hear that? It's us ringing your doorbell right now. Please collect your Bling-bling cufflinks.

etc...

(Or: Good day. No need to be upset please - but where the hack are you! Are you a newbie, stupid or are you just plain spiteful?! Anyhow: You better call us asap! No "or else!")

But it would be good to (Use) pursue all forms of communication - this minimizes confusion and unnecessary mistakes.

Edited by Edmund1000
Grammar (Man!)

booksallsizes

@ Edmund - those phone options are brilliant!!! :biggrin: C'mon Bob - this is genius, we'd LOVE you to implement this.