Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

A's

Seeds for Africa

Hi

Bob, please can you advise on the following.

1) I have started to get A's all over my listings.

2) When I created the listings these were not there, and have "mysteriously" appeared over the last few weeks. I havent changed / edited the listings since they opened, so how does this happen?

3) I have seen other threads where bob says it is errors in the html code, but as per my point 2 above, how come the ads were fine when listed yet now the A's are all over.

I would appreciate some clear answers please.

Thanks

Grant

alloway65

I used to get this problem when my e mails were answered, it is something to do with your Unicode setting I think!

Cant remember the details unfortunately!

voldermort

in all the time I have bn on BoB i have never had this problem before, and yet in the last week especially when relisting I have come across them in a number of my ads......i have not changed anything on my ads and definitely didnt put them there myself, similarly i have not changed anything whatsoever on my pc so why suddenly have these appeared :confused:

Edited by voldermort

brands online

Hi there, there was a thread somewhere here regarding this issue. i just can't remember which one it was.

According to Mac, if memory serves me correct, this happens when the source from which you are copying and/or pasting your code is not set to Unicode 8 UTF.

He also recommended an HTML editor called Kompozer, wihich is free btw. I'm gonna look for the thread quickly and I will paste the link here.

voldermort

MacMuffin I see on the other thread you mentioned something about html code etc etc but my html code is and always has bn set to off........i dont use html when creating my ads. Also as each and every one of my ads are for different items I do not copy & paste either and once I create an ad I always check it first before letting it go through and I would not let an ad such as that go through. These A's have mysteriously appeared by themselves while my ads were open.

The example you showed on the other thread had lines of gibberish, my ads though only have possibly 1 or 2 A's randomly placed in them eg: Great Britain may read Great BriAtain and as I said this is only on some of my ads.

Any idea why this should be?

Guest Guest

This is not acceptable. The fault is not with sellers who need to adapt, but with the website that needs to adapt. Lots of sellers have this problem, including me. I also did not edit anything. Funny A's and my inverted commas were screwed almost everywhere. How are you gonna teach people who can't even check out an order or add up amounts or pay correct amounts into bank accounts what Unicode Characters are?

PS: Had a guy who said I MUST go and open an Absa or FNB Account coz in his village there is no Nedbank. I will in fact not go back to Absa or FNB as I have been there, and I am very happy with Nedbank. The guy doesn't even know he can do a transfer to another bank. Geez. And you wanna start talking with him about Unicode. He will tell you: "Ye am me know what a unicorn... Do u sell de unicorn on Bied or bai"

Seeds for Africa

I have changed nothing on my listings or in my settings yet this is happenning. Its widespread as seen by a number of people experiencing this, so please can it be sorted out and please dont tell me that I am doing something wrong as I have changed ZERO and this is happening.

Thanks Bob

Miss Jewels

Bid or Buy site from my PC is super super slow. Is this a fault from BoB site? Cannot access some of my auctions and loading pics takes for ages. Please help.

Guest Guest

Can someone please help keep this thread alive it is dying.

qball

Thread closed as there is already a thread open on this issue. Please post here - Is it just my pc,

Thank you.