Sign in to follow this  
lilythepink

BoB seems constipated - again!

lilythepink

Am trying to list but keep getting the message that BoB's "backend is down - error 500 code"!!

lilythepink

Okay, the litter box has obviously been cleaned - I am able to list! Thanks, BoB.

Miss Jewels

I'm still having problems! System super slow. Cannot rate.....pc hangs. All my other internet programmes working 100% Bob was off line for a while this morning due to not internet, so not sure if their server is fully operational yet. BoB? Any news please?

brands online

Is it just me or are there some real issues with the site. Granted, it's intermittent, but every day someone seems to be complaining about things like error messages, images uploading, site lagging, etc. I know Mac and the guys are on their toes, yet lots of the time, they can find nothing wrong, like over the weekend. The site was 'definitely' very very slow. at times, the home page wouldn't even open. Everything seemed fine from Mac's side, but there were quite a few users who confirmed it.

I personally think it's since all these changes are being implemented. Don't get me wrong, I love them all. But I'll love it all the more if everything worked properly.

lilythepink

Had a problem just a while ago logging on to the forum. Intermittently there are a whole lot of things that seem wrong with the site. Quite a few of the listings have "gobbeldy-****" alphabet and other signs in them. That never used to happen.

Edited by lilythepink

brands online

and again, these issues become a dead thread...

lilythepink
and again, these issues become a dead thread...

No, it shouldn't be a dead thread because I am still (this afternoon) now and again being told that BoB's backend is down - error 500 code" - which started this thread, so it seems the gremlin is still in the IT litter box!

qball

Hi Janet

What page are you trying to access? Please give me the URL link...

Thanks

Cuan

Lukeness

All Bid or Buy pages are loading very slowly for me at the moment. I've tested my connection and it's definitely fine. And I have a 4meg line so it isn't a line speed issue. It takes about 3.5 minutes just to load the BoB homepage. I can't imagine what it's like for anyone still on dial-up!

MacMuffin

Can you guys share what ISP you are using? Doing external and local tests, the homepage loads in under 20 seconds - WebPagetest Test Result - Dulles : www.bidorbuy.co.za - 04/12/11 16:54:38. It certainly appears to be an issue with routing from your ISP to us.

Can you also run the following command (from the DOS prompt) and paste the results here:

C:\Documents and Settings\admin>[b]tracert www.bidorbuy.co.za[/b]

Tracing route to bidorbuy.co.za [196.35.163.203]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     2 ms     4 ms     3 ms  172.16.0.1
 2    20 ms    21 ms    19 ms  196-210-138-129.dynamic.isadsl.co.za [196.210.138.129]
 3    26 ms    23 ms    26 ms  cdsl1-rba-vl2253.ip.isnet.net [196.38.73.181]
 4    22 ms    26 ms    32 ms  cdsl1-rba-vl150.ip.isnet.net [196.38.73.17]
 5    30 ms    33 ms    26 ms  196.26.0.60
 6    43 ms    23 ms    23 ms  168.209.100.238
 7    26 ms   112 ms   208 ms  csw4-bry-vl2.ip.isnet.net [168.209.217.251]
 8    29 ms    30 ms    28 ms  csw3-bry-vl3.ip.isnet.net [168.209.218.250]
 9    22 ms    24 ms    26 ms  sw-osfw-shared-2-bry-gi1-0-24.ip.isnet.net [196.38.255.145]
10    29 ms    22 ms    24 ms  www.bidorbuy.co.za [196.35.163.203]
11    32 ms    42 ms    48 ms  www.bidorbuy.co.za [196.35.163.203]

Trace complete.

Lukeness

I'm on M-web.

Tracing route to bidorbuy.co.za [196.35.163.203]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms <1 ms 10.0.0.2

2 233 ms 519 ms * 41-133-132-1.dsl.mweb.co.za [41.133.132.1]

3 156 ms * * Te1-1-0.505.cpt-ipc-1.mweb.co.za [196.28.178.178]

4 256 ms * 342 ms Vlan92.cpt-hscore-1.mweb.co.za [196.28.179.11]

5 * * 308 ms TenGigE0-2-0-0.11.cpt-up-1.mweb.co.za [196.28.178.97]

6 455 ms 488 ms 395 ms 196-28-178-137.adsl.mweb.co.za [196.28.178.137]

7 375 ms 226 ms * is.cinx.net.za [198.32.214.10]

8 * * * Request timed out.

9 258 ms 387 ms 356 ms core1a-pkl-gi0-0-3-1-306.ip.isnet.net [168.209.100.77]

10 * 369 ms * 168.209.100.238

11 496 ms * 332 ms csw4-bry-vl2.ip.isnet.net [168.209.217.251]

12 * 224 ms 233 ms csw3-bry-vl2.ip.isnet.net [168.209.217.250]

13 153 ms * 528 ms sw-osfw-shared-2-bry-gi1-0-24.ip.isnet.net [196.38.255.145]

14 199 ms 154 ms 139 ms bidorbuy - Bid, Buy or Sell cameras, computers, diamonds, coins, cars & more on auction at cheap prices [196.35.163.203]

15 121 ms 319 ms 68 ms bidorbuy - Bid, Buy or Sell cameras, computers, diamonds, coins, cars & more on auction at cheap prices [196.35.163.203]

Trace complete.

Edited by Lukeness

MacMuffin

Thanks Lukeness - this certainly helps. I have escalated to our provider (Internet Solutions) to assist as it appears to be a routing issue from MWEB to us - notice the retry on (5) and the timeout on (8).

Your roundtrip times are between 120ms - 500ms where they should be around 20ms - this would explain the slow loading times you experience. Can you please submit a support request to MWEB with your account details and keep me in the loop. Could you perhaps also PM me your MWEB ADSL user / telephone number and I will see if I can escalate this through our MWEB business account manager.

lilythepink, brandsonline and others, can you please provide the same information - the more detail we get, the easier it is to pin-point the issue.

My speed/latency might be better since I use Afrihost as the ISP (they use Internet Solutions as a backbone provider) - at the moment it is unclear if the routing issue resides with IS and more feedback would help here.

lilythepink

Hi Mac (and Cuan)

The url came and went this afternoon but if it happens again, I'll copy the link and let you have it. So far this evening all seems to be okay, if just a little bit slower than normal. Hellkom is my service provider! Hope my info helps you.

Lukeness

PM sent. It's great that you actually take time to deal with k@k like this. Thanks.

lilythepink

Just an aside ... why does the system not allow me to say "gobbledy-****"? When I type it with normal "o's" then it changes the "****" to stars. Is "****" a bad word or a swear word that I've never known about before?

admin
Just an aside ... why does the system not allow me to say "gobbledy-****"? When I type it with normal "o's" then it changes the "****" to stars. Is "****" a bad word or a swear word that I've never known about before?

**** (slang) a disparaging term for an Asian person (especially for North Vietnamese soldiers in the Vietnam War)

lilythepink
**** (slang) a disparaging term for an Asian person (especially for North Vietnamese soldiers in the Vietnam War)

Thanks Admin! I now can understand why the word changed to stars when I typed it. (I think it is most derogatory if this is what it means!!)

But used with the word gobbledy, this is what is meant: "The term gobbledygook was coined by former US Representative Maury Maverick, then working for the Smaller War Plants Corporation, in a March 30, 1944 memo banning "gobbledygook language".[1] It was a reaction to his frustration with the "convoluted language of bureaucrats."[2] He made up the word as an onomatopoeic imitation of a turkey's gobble." I see I should have typed it as one word and not as two hyphenated words!

Edited by lilythepink

MacMuffin
PM sent. It's great that you actually take time to deal with k@k like this. Thanks.

Thanks for your prompt help. Believe me, it is just as frustrating for us as it is for you. I have BCC'ed you on the mail to MWEB. I have also just received feedback from Internet Solutions, confirming my initial thought:

"Internet Solutions: Looking at the traceroute, I would say that this user’s traceroute/connectivity would not be good for testing your site…

From the time the traffic leaves their DSL router high latency and packet loss(starts on the Mweb network before it even gets to IS’s network) is reflected so this would have a knock on effect on the rest of the traceroute. Perhaps testing with another Mweb user or getting this user to stop all other traffic and then test."

Other users: If you experience connectivity issues, please let us know who your ISP is and give us the results for the traceroute.

brands online

Hi Mac,

Here's an issue I've been having since the weekend and now still. If I go to my open auctions with winning bids, and then try to arrange by users viewed or users watching or bids/sales, I keep getting a database error message as per below:

Error

Database Error

13 Apr 01:01:59

brands online
Hi Mac,

Here's an issue I've been having since the weekend and now still. If I go to my open auctions with winning bids, and then try to arrange by users viewed or users watching or bids/sales, I keep getting a database error message as per below:

Error

Database Error

and it's still the same...

Error

Database Error

13 Apr 11:07:07

brands online
Hi Mac,

Error

Database Error

Thanks Mac! This is working now. Do appreciate it very much.

MacMuffin
Thanks Mac! This is working now. Do appreciate it very much.

Huh? Have not touched a thing. We did notice some performance issue with that particular query and will try and improve it during the course of tomorrow. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I would be more interested if anyone else has slow response times visiting our site. We did an exhaustive investigation today with engineers at Internet Solutions and it does appear that the issue resides (at least in the case of Lukeness) with his ADSL connection. I hope he posts back with feedback from MWEB.

RAG Auctioneers

We have got the same error as Brand online when sorting by users tracking.

PS: Still giving the error.

Edited by RAG Auctioneers
PS

brands online

Uhhmmmm, the problem is back again:

Error

Database Error

13 Apr 20:46:58

RAG Auctioneers

It seems to give the database error when I sort (by users tracking) OPEN listings.

Listings still to open in the future sort fine without the database error.