Sign in to follow this  
Jedeye

Cybabeatcc false claims

Jedeye

Cybabeatcc or, as they were initially known as, Cyberbuycc, have been making claims that they manufacture furniture themselves. I recently bought an office chair which they sold as an "Everest". Even as a seasoned buyer I was convinced it was a Grafton Everest. My bad. It's a cheap and nasty!

After many calls, many more promises to me that they were in the manufacturing process with my office chair, (this was a collect myself buy) which I paid R3100.00 for, and then a number of put down calls, then finally telling me that Tanya was at a funeral when I called to collect my goods, I got BoB involved, who quickly was able to get a hold of Tanya, (who was supposed to be at the funeral) and I was told I could collect my chair in Midrand the following day, which she whimsically called "their branch". In a subsequent email to BoB, they also referred to this location as their factory.

It turns out that the warehouse belongs to a guy called Wen Jun, a Chinese national who imports these goods and supplies the Jhb region with office furniture. He told me that Cyberbeatcc had only placed the order that very day. I considered myself lucky that I was able to get the chair.

These people operate out of their residence in Florida. (I have the address, if anyone needs it)

Surely it is illegal to claim to be manufacturing goods when you are not? Surely, at the very least, it is misleading advertising too?

Tanya has also changed the Rating Comment she left me 9 times so far. Very odd behavior indeed.

Seeds for Africa

Its clearly a scam. They are drop shipping ie - selling goods not in their posession. which i doubt they have permission to drop ship. I am sure bob will do something as 60% ratings for a Verified seller. My understanding is they lose verified status when ratings fall below 90%. I think you had a lucky escape to be honest!

Jedeye

Thanks for that info. I did not even know drop-shipping was not cool... Me, the seasoned buyer.

Eish.

. but I did get this hysterically funny note in my in-box today. I have no idea what they mean;

Ref:1109040600

04/09/2010

Greetings Sir

Please state case regarding your negative responses re: The chair you have

purchased.

You have not requested that it be a special size.

You did not query anything before purchasing.

Policies and procedures will be sent forward to you until this is resolved.

BOB has agreed to assist in all information re: our communication posted

whereby you did not have any issues or questions.

It will be handled until rating is sorted and changed and agreed FULLY.

Kind Regards

Legal Line Department

Tashtan Supplies cc

Seeds for Africa
Thanks for that info. I did not even know drop-shipping was not cool... Me, the seasoned buyer.

Eish.

. but I did get this hysterically funny note in my in-box today. I have no idea what they mean;

04/09/2010

Greetings Sir

purchased.

Kind Regards

Legal Line Department

Tashtan Supplies cc

I think the way that letter is written says it all. They are up to something. What on earth is a "legal line dept"

lilythepink

Eish.

04/09/2010

Greetings Sir

purchased.

Kind Regards

Legal Line Department

Tashtan Supplies cc

I am wondering what they are "handling" until the rating is sorted and changed and "agreed FULLY"?

A most peculiarly funny response indeed.

Vinyl Lady Decals

I'm wondering if there isn't a language - lost in translation - problem here - it looks very much like a translated message to me and that's why it's hard to understand exactly what is meant

Jedeye

lost in translation?

I'm pretty sure that it's not a translation problem. I spoke to several people over the phone during that week and the voices were all Afrikaans accents, they all sounded competent in communicating their story.

Seeds for Africa

Admin - The buyer is still selling - with verified seller status and 66% ratings. I dont see them on the drop shipping list, which the above experience surely indicates they are doing. Just now they will be selling a few expensive electronic goods with multiple personal offers. Enough said................

lilythepink

I was under the impression that any sellers whose ratings dropped below 90% had their "verified" rating removed? If this seller has only 66% ratings and is drop-shipping without being authorised, something is very, very fishy!

Seeds for Africa
I was under the impression that any sellers whose ratings dropped below 90% had their "verified" rating removed? If this seller has only 66% ratings and is drop-shipping without being authorised, something is very, very fishy!

Plus they are selling still and a whole lot of rather high value items. I pm'd admin as I can see a "chinacellphones" in the making. I am sure they will attend to it. Have also sent a cw notification as some of the items being sold appear to be in contravention of bob policy.

Edited by Seeds for Africa
added

kyle2

The Legal Line email is a direct attempt at intimidation, which is against BoB policy, I would continue trying to handle this through Bob, maybe get some senior people involved, we don't need traders like this on Bob.

Edited by kyle2

Jedeye

Ooops. I'm in the poo now! If you guys don't hear from me ever again. You know what happened! I will have been Legal Lined!

Another fabulous fail.

Ref:1109050600

04/09/2010

Greetings Sir

re: The chair you have purchased.

You have not bothered to respond. Unfortunately we have had to hand you over to our Legal Line Department. They probably have you in their database.

Good luck.

Kind Regards

Legal Line Department

Tashtan Supplies cc

Apart from the subtle change in the Ref: No. It appears to be a cut'npaste job from the previous mail.

I read this comment a few times and I’m now convinced she believes the legal liners are actually looking for dodgy customers inside their database. With a big magnifying glass. Like Sherlock Holmes searching for Tron.

ps. I’m offering a prize (a lock of my hair) to any amateur sleuth who can track down the real name and location of this mysterious “Legal Line Dept” character. :ninja:

lilythepink

This sounds fishy and smells fishy. Perhaps the "legal line department" is too busy fishing to do things properly?

Vinyl Lady Decals

This is getting ridiculous, definitely trying to intimidate you

Seeds for Africa

This is just a straight intimidation tactic. Bobs removed the verified seller status I see but still selling.

lilythepink
This is just a straight intimidation tactic. Bobs removed the verified seller status I see but still selling.

With ratings of 66% no seller should be permitted to sell on BoB! Short and sweet!