Sign in to follow this  
brands online

Administration Debit Total?

brands online

Hi, was just having a look at my account summary page. there's a transaction there that's new. It says Administration Debit Total and it's for R0.50. Anyone know what this is for please? Thanks

Edited by brands online
Forgot the magic words

lilythepink

I haven't a clue what it could be. But the funny thing is today I overpaid a seller by 50c and it's there in red under my purchases, in all its glory! I wouldn't expect a seller to refund me 50c! LOL

wayjen

whilst we on that note can someone please tell me where "MY ACCOUNT" is under the "MY BIDORBUY" heading?

lilythepink

I just go to "my account" from my Seller's page. It's down there on the lefthand side of the page.

wayjen
I just go to "my account" from my Seller's page. It's down there on the lefthand side of the page.

it used to be up top.

brands online
whilst we on that note can someone please tell me where "MY ACCOUNT" is under the "MY BIDORBUY" heading?

I noticed that that's gone as well. Also quite used to that shortcut.

wayjen
I noticed that that's gone as well. Also quite used to that shortcut.

you think we been robbed?

brands online
you think we been robbed?

IT guys... no work again.... and Cuan's back so probably keeping themselves busy:biggrin:

wayjen

ha ha ha and as the advert says."we were cleaned out.."

MacMuffin

Yes, we have cleaned out your accounts muahahaha. No - we did some user experience tests over the last few weeks (with noobies) and realised that the youngens got highly confused about "My account" and we have subsequently removed it.

The fee-account is still accessible through our toolbar.

WRT the R0.50 debit - I fear only the bean-counters / customer support will be able to give you an answer on this ;-)

wayjen

so they don't just take our money they also take our drop down thingys?

MacMuffin
so they don't just take our money they also take our drop down thingys?

I am sure we also own your soul (check the T&C's). Do you guys feel that the "Fee account" option deserves a place in the menu?

lilythepink
it used to be up top.

Aren't you thinking about Cremora, Wayne? It wasn't inside, it was on top!

@Macmuffin - I'm quite happy with it being down on the lefthand side of my seller's page. Never used it at all when it was on top (unlike the Cremora which is now inside the cupboard instead of on top of the fridge!)

wayjen

I'm just trying to think what all I use and everything seems to be in place for my workings but I don't know about things on Jenny's side. The only issue we still sit with is people paying too little postage and some saying they get the figure from BoB even though we waste our time sending them emails.

MacMuffin
I'm just trying to think what all I use and everything seems to be in place for my workings but I don't know about things on Jenny's side. The only issue we still sit with is people paying too little postage and some saying they get the figure from BoB even though we waste our time sending them emails.

We are stream-lining the checkout process to address some of those issues. Contrary to what you are saying, we find that our current process is not clear, and people tend to pay too much - especially when doing a bobPay EFT, people pay R16.50 as the cash-deposit fee.

@wayjen - perhaps your shipping cost problem is related to not having shipping charges set and people get it wrong. It would be easier to setup shipping charges. We can help you with this or other sellers can give you advice on how to set it up.

lilythepink

Hi Mac - I don't have my shipping charges specially set up. I mention them in each listing as light items cost less than heavy ones (and so on). It is the rare occasion that a bidder doesn't read the listing properly and pay the correct postage on my items.

wayjen

Mac, we have tried everything and still we get them paying too little and this morning we had another 2 do that. What I cannot understand is after a person wins a bid we send them an email stating very clearly what they must pay they still pay too little so somewhere there is a communication problem where they are getting the wrong info from the site or not getting or reading our emails.

booksallsizes

I think we have the same buyers at the moment, Wayne... Happening too often lately - I think they don't read the emails, or they do and just put in their own shipping charges anyway... Very frustrating.

I don't want to set up shipping charges that add, say, an extra R 10,00 per item because if someone buys a whole lot of books or two very light ones, I feel that they shouldn't pay so much for combining.

So am a little perplexed as to what to do about this...

wayjen
I think we have the same buyers at the moment, Wayne... Happening too often lately - I think they don't read the emails, or they do and just put in their own shipping charges anyway... Very frustrating.

I don't want to set up shipping charges that add, say, an extra R 10,00 per item because if someone buys a whole lot of books or two very light ones, I feel that they shouldn't pay so much for combining.

So am a little perplexed as to what to do about this...

This is so frustrating and no matter what you do people still short change you.

lilythepink
This is so frustrating and no matter what you do people still short change you.

I am in absolute agreement with Wayne as I try to charge my buyers as little postage as I possibly can. It is only when items are over 1 kg that I charge more, or when I have a larger or heavier item for sale that the postage/shipping is a bit more than usual. I think it's an absolute rip-off for sellers to add R15.00 (and even more!) more per additional item when a parcel will be less than 1 kg!

RAG Auctioneers

We have guys emailing us saying they got an email from BOB stating they have over paid R16-50.

But they paid by cash deposit.....

2 emails this week already.

wayjen

Is it maybe that BoB are trying to regulate shipping costs so people don't overcharge buyers but it is giving problems?

lilythepink

It does seem as though there are some glitches in the system, so I am happy to carry on putting postage and packaging costs on each of my listings - that way I think I am being far more fair to my buyers.

MacMuffin
We have guys emailing us saying they got an email from BOB stating they have over paid R16-50.

But they paid by cash deposit.....

2 emails this week already.

Could you pls mail me the order-ids for those two sales?

Is it maybe that BoB are trying to regulate shipping costs so people don't overcharge buyers but it is giving problems?

We don't regulate shipping. The only problem we do see is that some users overpay when doing a bobPay EFT - in that case they also pay the cash deposit fee. We do however look at sellers shipping setup to ensure that no excessive postage is applied (i.e. the scheme of applying an "admin fee" for combining orders or charging a high surcharge to bypass success-fees).

wayjen

thanks Mac, Morning Mac.