Sign in to follow this  
ziggy2000

First Bad Experience with a first time buyer

ziggy2000

This first time buyer purchases from me, does not pay in the allocated time but does make a cash payment once prompted that payment is due. I reminded her twice that a cash deposit fee is due, which she does not pay, but I decided to overlook it, so send the item anyway. Postage fee is R25. I normally send on Tuesdays and Fridays but she asks for it to be sent off on the Monday, so I do that. I get this rude e-mail from her yesterday, accusing me of "ripping" her off for not sending it via courier, as she expected it to be "delivered" on Monday. I have gone to great lengths explaining to her how the postal rates and fees work, delivery times etc, to no avail. I feel a negative rating coming my way, what do I do now, give BoB a heads up or just sit back and hope for the best?

ATA STAMP CENTRE

One can only wonder at the mentality and totally unreasonable expectations of some of the buyers out there-GOOD LUCK

kyle2

It seems you're going to be out of luck with this one, Bob made it clear on a couple of previous threads that they won't intervene and change a negative rating unless there are extenuating circumstances including abusive language and or emails from the buyer. A bid unfair, but hey, it’s their company and their policy. I hope it works out for you, but first time buyers have a bit of a 'Power rush' when they have to rate for the first time. Best is to be as helpful and courteous as possible with the buyer and maybe the worst you'll get is either no rating or a neutral.

ziggy2000

Thanks ATA and Kyle, I may be in luck here, the wording in the mail can be construed as abusive, should it come to that.

Guest Guest

on topic i have lots of apparent "mentally unstable" or "low IQ" buyers. they just dont pay! or want to cancel all the time. or want to COLLECT always!

the blasted bargainers!!

Edited by icey100
detail

lilythepink

Icey, you'll get used to it pal. No matter what price you list your items at, there will always be someone who wants it for half the price! Just learn to grin and bear it.

Seeds for Africa

I think bob will interve where a buyer is being unreasonable. I think you have a strong case where a

Buyer expects same day courier delivery for 25 bucks. By no stretch of the imagination is R25 for same day courier possible!

ziggy2000

LOL, that is what I explained, but the expectation of the buyer and the reality of the situation are worlds apart :notrust:

Vinyl Lady Decals

maybe the buyer should contact any post office ot courier company, she's not living in reality that's for sure

Splendid Things

I have had my first bad experience today. Potential buyer did not read ad properly and send me a reply via "ask seller questions" all in CAPS telling me he will never look at my books again. I feel a bit offended . . . :)

Vinyl Lady Decals

The buyer's trying to pass the buck, his not reading is not your fault, he's trying to use emotional blackmail, you're probably better off without him

Splendid Things

I haven't done this very long and feel hurt. I know I need to toughen up if I want to survive but it is sad when you get this kind of treatment through no fault of your own.

My husband is sure he will give me a negative rating if he buys in future and I should "block" him. Any suggestions? And if I should block, how do I do that? Please help.

brands online
And if I should block, how do I do that? Please help.

Hi Splendid Things, to block a buyer, they must previously have bought from you. Call up the order in your Sales section. Beneath the buyer's address and next to the links saying "Small Shipping Label" and "Big Shipping Label", there's a link to "Block Buyer"

lilythepink
I have had my first bad experience today. Potential buyer did not read ad properly and send me a reply via "ask seller questions" all in CAPS telling me he will never look at my books again. I feel a bit offended . . . :)

Pardon my humour but if the buyer can't read a listing properly, one has to wonder how he will read a book!

Wild Olive Art

I have just had a negative experience with a new buyer too !

The buyer in question lost an auction on a painting and then requested via question and answer if I would do a similar work for them to bid on. Interestingly at the time I noticed that the buyer had not placed a high bid, nor had they used the automatic bid increase.

The following week I listed a similar painting and the said buyer won the auction for substantially more than they had bid on the 1st painting they lost.

Today , a week after they receive the painting they won I get a message to say that the painting does not look anything like the one listed on the auction and they would like a refund !

I don't mind giving a refund for a valid reason but this is RUBBISH ! I photograph the paintings with an excellent quality camera and carefully compare the photo to the painting when I list it to ensure that it represents the art as closely as possible. I have never had a buyer complain of this before.

I now see that this buyer has a number of negative ratings for non payment !! Ratings already at 88%

I suspect that this buyer bit of more than they could afford and now wants a refund.

I have offered to give them a refund on condition the painting is returned undamaged within 7 days and requested that she tell me exactly in what way she found the painting to differ from the photo.

I try not to let it get under my skin , but I am so annoyed !

bekka87266

I'd file an SNC and even pay a little more to retract my parcel from SAPO.

Then I'll refund her. And block her.

Why? Cuz she's gonna get your stock anyways and not appreciate whatever extra measure you have taken to send her the stuff.

I once blocked a buyer, story goes that he checked out a R20 item and demanded courier service (with his R25 shipping) and called me unprofessional and ripping off when I didnt do so. He typed the entire email in CAPITAL letter and I felt I cound have sued him for something... Even sader part of this is that the client sees my name when they purchase and even feel okay to call me the greedy asian... so yeah. No mercy. I blocked him.

ziggy2000

Bekka, sorry about your nasty experience. Good riddance, I'd say!

bekka87266
Bekka, sorry about your nasty experience. Good riddance, I'd say!

There's just never enough weird people lurking this site :thinking:

ziggy2000

So the new buyer I complained about at the start of the thread felt it necessary to rate me neutral after all, clearly a revenge rating as the "buying experience" according to her was fine but the service lacked, what, because it was not couriered for R25?

mellowred

Hi Ziggy.

The way you have included a link to this thread in your rating response is a fantastic way of revealing the whole situation to future possible buyers; the obvious solution to all unfair ratings.

Gems n Silver

ratings

Never mind; I received a neutral the other week with this comment.

Comment:

" Very beautiful but not chunky enough for me.My daughter loves it so all is well.Excellent seller, process incident free.xxx "

I think sometimes people just don't realise the rating is about the wole experience, as this was a really nice lady who gave me this rating.

lilythepink
Never mind; I received a neutral the other week with this comment.

Comment:

" Very beautiful but not chunky enough for me.My daughter loves it so all is well.Excellent seller, process incident free.xxx "

I think sometimes people just don't realise the rating is about the wole experience, as this was a really nice lady who gave me this rating.

Well, she was satisfied with her purchase to the extent that her daughter "loves it" so you should have got a positive rating! (Perhaps you should send her an email - a friendly one - and ask her if she realises that the positive ratings are great to give a good seller who supplies the proper product timeously?)