Sign in to follow this  
MacMuffin

bidorbuy browser toolbar

MacMuffin

Hi all, we have created a quick-toolbar (supported on Firefox and Internet Explorer) which provides you quick access to search, bidorbuy links, news from our blog and Twitter.

Try it out here: bidorbuy toolbar

You are now able to quickly get to your favorite site, run searches and access your selling and buying pages. Let me know what you think.

Hentrac

Bid Or Buy Toolbar has bugs

The toolbar is rubbish and is affecting other websites I am visiting in Fire Fox. it took me a very long time to find out that this toolbar is affecting how other sites are displayed. some graphics and buttons disappeared from the other website, almost like it is a virus!!!

:evil:

MacMuffin

Can you give us an example of which sites are affected and how?

Hentrac

BoB Toolbar problem

Yes, I tested the toolbar again and it is definitely affecting my other fav. site. Something really wrong with that toolbar!!!! Someone from BoB called me about it but unfortunately I was not in front of my PC to show him what the problem was, and he did not phone back as promised. You can call me again if you want so I can tell you what the problem is.

Thanks

Hentrac

Tool Bar

Can you give us an example of which sites are affected and how?

The site is: za.rs-online.com

Image 1 is the site with the toolbar disabled in FireFox: note the menu item in the red circle, now see in image 2 where the toolbar is enable the menu item is not there.

Image 1.............................. Image 2

Image2.jpg.564f3e01c7705bb3fc77c8965982a75b.jpg

Image 3 is the view of the site with the toolbar disabled when I click on "All Product" and image 4is the same view with the toolbar enabled

Image 3..................... Image 4

Image4.jpg.b15e4be7403199c40088eceec836b30b.jpg

Image3.jpg.03452a4bd08bde0d1226994b2474e981.jpg

Image1.jpg.4c1565d45c330ea89ff8bca6495bdb04.jpg

MacMuffin
The site is: za.rs-online.com

Image 1 is the site with the toolbar disabled in FireFox: note the menu item in the red circle, now see in image 2 where the toolbar is enable the menu item is not there.

Image 1.............................. Image 2

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4651[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4652[/ATTACH]

Image 3 is the view of the site with the toolbar disabled when I click on "All Product" and image 4is the same view with the toolbar enabled

Image 3..................... Image 4

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4649[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4650[/ATTACH]

Thanks you so much for taking the time and showing the details with screenshots. I have submitted a support ticket to the supplier of the toolbar and hope that we will get a response in by next week sometime.

I don't think that Toolbar affects many sites (your example is the first one I have come across, and I surf a lot) - I am sure there will be a proper fix for this. I will keep you updated - in the meantime it's best to just disable the Toolbar.

MacMuffin

Just an update - our supplier acknowledged this to be a bug and they have scheduled a fix for it (not sure about the ETA at this point in time though). Will post an update once a fix has released.

Tks again @Hentrac for raising the issue and providing us with all the supporting information.