Sign in to follow this  
Vegar

Field trade description message ???

Vegar

I am trying to list a new item but keep getting a message; Field trade description should be 8000 characters or less.

I don't know why I am getting that sine the description is short and I have 3 pictures of 300kb each ...

What could be wrong?

Guest Guest

Dear Vegar

I don't think it's the pics. This is a kinda technical glitch of sorts, but has happened to me and is easily solved. I assume ur pasting into the "Field trade description". btw the "Field trade description" is the main big block field where you describe your whole item or items... (i didnt know that before)

What happens is, strange as it may sound, when you paste, rather than type, some "invisible" characters or maybe [formatting tags]? get pasted into the form as well. Try pasting from Word or whatever ur using into Notepad first, then into BoB. or try and type out the short description from scratch.

PS: The solutions might not work for everyone, but at least now you know what is causing the problem

Vegar

You are spot on! It was a pasting problem from word.

I copied the Afrikaans translation from the forum onto 'word'.

I had to type the whole thing out - there must be another way?

Thanks for responding!

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Vegar

I use a free HTML editor called Kompozer.

It's very easy to use, similar to BoB's editor.

You design your listing and then paste the html code into the html area of your description.

It gives nice and neat listings.

Guest Guest

No problem, all that I can think of except retyping is to use plain old notepad as a "cleanser" from extra tags and characters. Then pasting from notepad into your form will have no/little problems. I still just don't understand what you meant by

I copied the Afrikaans translation from the forum onto 'word'.

I had to type the whole thing out

icey100