Sign in to follow this  
clocktime

New listing category, crafts> home crafts> clockmaking

clocktime    10
clocktime

Good morning,

I have sold various clocks mainly on "Antique and Collectibles", "Home Decor" and asked for a new category to be created for "Clockmaking", see title line.

I listed quite a few items, but was disappointed, that I hardly had any replies. Am I too impatient and should I do some re-listing? Is it maybe that my inserts are too well done, I mean the illustrations? Do viewers think my goods are too expensive, because the pictures look too "posh"? I made that experience in my previous retail shop, when we had a wall clock for a week propped against the wall, but seemingly lying carelessly on the floor. People went straight for that instead of looking at the well displayed clocks on the walls.

I see a lot of listings (excuse me ) with "crappy" photographs in the Antique ....category. Do they sell better because of the category or because of the cheap looking photo?

I feel I cannot list in the wrong category, just because it is a better one. I will list some of my previously listed items ex. Clockmaking in the "Collectible" category, because they are really only available in very limited numbers, some only single items.

Otherwise I am very happy with the workings of BoB.

Regards, Thomas

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

@ Thomas

Crafters are a fickle lot:nuts: but I'd keep them up there if I were you. Sooner or later the "fad" is going to take off, or be "reinstated" or perhaps even combined with another craft for some great new idea. The "ship" never fails to come in in the crafting categories, sometimes it just takes some time to reach the shore!

clocktime    10
clocktime

crafter category, clockmaking

Thanks for the advise, Beadsandbaubles, I will keep on trying.

Thomas, clocktime