Sign in to follow this  
brands online

Verimark and similar products not allowed?

brands online    10
brands online

I just received a community watch alert on one of my listings: Iron Gym Workout Bar. Please see alert below:

As referred to in my original correspondence with BidorBuy, I indicated that various users are unlawfully using our IP or licensed IP including copywrite and pictures to market products similar to Verimark’s on Bid or Buy.

These include:

• Iron Gym

As requested please ensure these products are removed off of the website, or furnish us with their contact details so that we can contact them directly.

Regards

Wesley Swart

Marketing Executive

Verimark (Pty) Ltd

67 CR Swart Drive

Bromhof Ext. 48,

Randburg, South Africa

Postal code: 2188

Tel: +2711 699 8121

Fax: +2711 699 8010

www.verimark.co.za

Are all Verimark or "similar" products not allowed on BOB?? :wondering:

Edited by brands online
fixed font

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Scare mongering. I can understand they have TM's or exclusivity on the products they sell but similar, come on its a free world??? You didnt use any of their images or text did you? It makes one want to find generics of all their product, get some great images and give it a full go on bob!!!

Edited by Seeds for Africa
Added

qball    11
qball

If you are using their images or wording, which in most cases sellers do, then you can't use them as they are protected by copyright law.

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

Unless, of course, they are also using images and wording from the very same supplier (providing that supplier allows either of you to use them) because Verimark is not the manufacturer.

brands online    10
brands online
If you are using their images or wording, which in most cases sellers do, then you can't use them as they are protected by copyright law.

Ok, now I'm confused, you can't use the images or you can't sell the products or both? I got an email back from communitywatch:

"Thank you for the email, please be advised we were informed by Verimark that it is illegal to sell any of their products on our site."

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Ok, now I'm confused, you can't use the images or you can't sell the products or both? I got an email back from communitywatch:

"Thank you for the email, please be advised we were informed by Verimark that it is illegal to sell any of their products on our site."

Now, what about secondhand Verimark products? Would they still be able to argue their rights in regard to used items which are still in excellent condition?