Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Is this fair? I think not...

Guest Guest

I bid on one of the seller's coins. I unfortunately didn't see any other coins I could combine with the one in a reasonable time frame, so I checked out the order and reluctantly paid R45 postage for the single coin. Very expensive. Then the coin comes in a blasted 2-stamped plain mail envelope which costs I guess not more than R5 (I don't know the prices as I never use it)! I always at least Econo even one coin or tiny pin or whatever. This is the worst. I am yet to rate the seller. It is a fairly new seller with 16 stars.

The worst part is my local SAPO branch that LUCKILY know me by now hands me the ''letter'' ! It could have been lost my gosh! I send stuff to my Post Office as to not give out my residential address and as I don't have a box. They gladly keep the stuff for me, but not without a TN! Then the seller must have made it Poste Restante! Which is logical! Some people, you know....

Please input and comments from Admin and Users...

Edited by icey100
Forgot something

Little Miss Muffet

Rip off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SProducts

I have to agree this is a rip off and worse risky. The seller must really not care about the buyers and what they think.

Seeds for Africa

Thats not good. Put it in perspective. I have just started selling the odd coin and note. I charge R23 which covers registered mail (econo parcel) and I wrap in card and then in bubble wrap envelopes which i believe is sufficient for protection. Extras are shipped free of charge. So, for a guy to charge R45 in a plain envelope via standard post is just not on.

Guest Guest
... wrap in card and then in bubble wrap envelopes...

On that note, the coin was wrapped in a quarter strip piece of a blank A4 page and popped into a white C/0 size Jiffy Lite Sealed Air envelope (about A5 Size). The seller's handwriting tells a lot I must say but now I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for him, thinking that he might be poor (except for the excessive postage charges)

lilythepink

I echo geewhizz's sentiments - the postage you were charged on one coin is a RIP OFF!

But, as you bid on the coin knowing the postage, there isn't much you can do about it other than, in the next listing of the seller's, go to the communitywatch thingey and report the seller for trying to recoup costs by way of postage. THEN BoB will attend to it!

Corumana

How can you bid with increments of R15.00, then when you bid say R80.00 the next bid is also R80.00 and he wins. Shouldnt it be R95.00 to win!!!!! I think bid or buy is a rip offffff!!!

ATA STAMP CENTRE
How can you bid with increments of R15.00, then when you bid say R80.00 the next bid is also R80.00 and he wins. Shouldnt it be R95.00 to win!!!!! I think bid or buy is a rip offffff!!!

HI

Welcome to the forum-There is no rip off and a very logical explanation,If the winning bidder has{ lets say }an auto bid in place of R120 then when you bid R80 his bid will be increased to R80 by the autobid and he will still be the winning bidder .The increments of R15 will only again kick in when a bid exceeds the autobid as placed by the first bidder-eg if you placed the same bid of R120 then his next bid would have to be R135 with the increment of R15.Hope this helps.

NEIL

Corumana
Corumana

The rest of the transaction has been deleted in less than 5 minutes. Clever, but I can save webpages offline.

Guest Guest

This is my thread we are discussing my problem what are you doing here??

brands online
I think bid or buy is a rip offffff!!!

Sjoe! within a day of registering?

BOB have lots and various measures in place to combat shill-bidding. I'm sure someone from Admin will rush over shortly to enlighten you further. In the interim , my suggestion is to take a short cooling off period.

qball
The rest of the transaction has been deleted in less than 5 minutes. Clever, but I can save webpages offline.

Please do not hijack this topic, rather open a new thread as per forum rules. Shill bidding is monitored and is not permitted on this site.

The reason the other bidder's bid has been increased to R90 is that they had a autobid limit of R90, and due to your bid being placed with an autobid too, it pulls the other bidder's bid up to what he was willing to bid, i.e. R90, the prior bid was R80, plus R15 = R95. We have checked the bidder and seller out and there appears to be no link or anything confirming that they are shill bidding. BTW - the item is still open and only closes on the 5th April, so not too sure what you are going on about?:confused:

Once again, please do not hijack threads or go off topic. Rather create your own thread.

Thank you.

Seeds for Africa
This is my thread we are discussing my problem what are you doing here??

Icey - Do you know him? :grin::biggrin::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Guest Guest

No i dont lol but he sounded familiar haha

bitesize

@Icey100, def a rip off. No way would postage for a coin cost that much unless it is encased in steel.

MiemsJewels

Icey is still BANNED!! Wonder why?:sad: