Sign in to follow this  
Vegar

Small seller vs cold hearted BoB

Vegar

I am a small seller and as such very insignificant in the big BoB pond.

Since 2007 I have happily plodded along selling my items and until a couple of weeks ago had a perfect record of 100% positive rating.

Then I sold an item to a new buyer who did not bother to read the VERY DETAILED description which included the word MINIATURE and exact measurements. She rated me negative and did not respond to my offer of a refund.

I sent a letter to BoB asking for help with this unfair rating as I felt that I had fulfilled all conditions and was not at fault.

They responded with a template answer which had no relevance to the case. In short they said the rating doesn't matter - only how I respond to it.

The rating system only works for people who care about their reputation. I do care a lot and have put a huge effort into giving a good personal service to buyers.

The generic impersonal response I received was very disappointing.

qball

Hi Vegar

Unfortunately there are instances where we will not get involved, I do apologise for this. Due to the huge number of emails we receive, we have unfortunately had to resort to some "canned" responses. But having looked at the rating we do not believe it warrants our intervention.

Apologies for this.

Regards

Cuan

Little Miss Muffet

These miniature items are just that and I dont think "vegar could have given a better description than he did with all the measurements .

This is a doll house item not for normal use.I think Bob is being unfair.

Miss Jewels

Geewhizz, I absolutely agree, I had a look at the auction description and the following sentence was the first thing I saw : "A miniature set of a fortune teller's tools - 1/12 scale."

There was no misleading advert from the seller and I believe BoB can intervene. Please Admin, we're really trying very hard to motivate sellers and buyers alike on the site and unfair ratings can cause ppl to become despondent and just throw in the towel. Any chance of a reconsideration Cuan?

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

I agree -That is a totally unfair rating and surely bob can intervene-We sellers,small and large alike try to maintain our 100% positive ratings as it is important to us as some of us strive for perfection.

I will be very dissapointed if bob do not have this rating removed.

NEIL

Vintage_Collectables

How can sellers protect themselves from buyers who don’t read listings – especially when the listing provided a full description?

It is very worrying that BoB does not consider such a rating to warrant intervention. Why does it not warrant intervention? Following this logic of policy, any buyer can leave a negative rating on the basis that they are disappointed (which is a vague reason in itself). And consequently the seller can do nothing to protect their reputation.

Sellers work very hard to uphold their reputation, and BoB should value sellers (big and small) with a good reputation because they keep BoB’s reputation in good standing.

Why should a seller with close to 800 ratings have their reputation damaged over something which was out of their control?

By condoning an unfair negative rating, BoB is sending sellers a message that they are not supported or valued.

Seeds for Africa

Since 2007 I have happily plodded along selling my items and until a couple of weeks ago had a perfect record of 100% positive rating.

Then I sold an item to a new buyer who did not bother to read the VERY DETAILED description which included the word MINIATURE and exact measurements. She rated me negative and did not respond to my offer of a refund.

I sent a letter to BoB asking for help with this unfair rating as I felt that I had fulfilled all conditions and was not at fault.

They responded with a template answer which had no relevance to the case. In short they said the rating doesn't matter - only how I respond to it.

The rating system only works for people who care about their reputation. I do care a lot and have put a huge effort into giving a good personal service to buyers.

I can understand that with the amount of emails that bob get that responses will be in "a standard format", and not personalised. However I think that this advert is totally clear and the negative is unwarranted, and should be removed. There are some of us who go out of our way to preserve our ratings / reputations and to receive a negative rating over the size of the item that was explained totally clearly in the advert, is just not fair.

Thats my opinion.

Grant

RAG Auctioneers

Was BOB not looking into a new improved rating system some time ago?

I do remember a thread where BOB asked for some ideas.

booksallsizes

I agree wholeheartedly - Vegar's advert is not in the slightest way misleading and is perfectly described! This is most certainly an unfair rating and a buyer who did not read the description properly.

Little Miss Muffet

Before I commented on this thread I really thought hard about it because 1) we are not supposed to post on "The feedback to Bob team" and 2) I thought I would probably be the only one to post here.

It has suprised me how many users have come back to defend Vegar on this rating

It actually makes no sense why Bob will not intervene here.

It actually scared me because if I was given this rating after a listing like this I would be really....whatever!!

These doll house items are really tiny and most people who buy them would know what to expect. They are normally not cheap either.

R95 is not excessive. Small items are often more difficult to make than larger items.

Edited by geewhizz

Seeds for Africa

On a light note..... you are lucky the same buyer never bought the coffee table pictured in the same advert. if they didnt understand the concept of "miniature size", imagine what a shock they would have got with the coffee table!!! :biggrin:

lilythepink

I am putting my voice behind Vegar.

If BoB do not cancel this unrealistic, unfair negative rating then BoB are NOT being fair! Is this the way ALL sellers with negative ratings will now be treated? I've always found BoB to be fair in the past so am most surprised at the present attitude.

Vinyl Lady Decals

I agree with what everybody has said here, this is definitely an unfair rating and should be removed.

I was always under the impression that BoB managment looked into each case on its merits, that's what has always been said, so, if this is the case, how can a "canned" response from BoB be justified?

qball

Sorry folks, the rating relates to quality in our opinion. As such we are not intervening.

Topic closed.