Sign in to follow this  
buyitSigned

Fake Perfumes on Bidorbuy

buyitSigned

Item Purchased in Question: Fragrances for Him - FRAGRANCE @ WHOLESALE 212-MENS 100ml was sold for R300.00 on 16 Mar at 19:01 by dhunter in Durban (ID:34481019)

Seller in Question: Items for sale from dhunter on bidorbuy.co.za

Hi Guys,

Just thought i would bring to your attention that i have today received a cologne that i have purchased on Bidorbuy and from the minute i had opened the parcel something just did not look right. now i have been using this Cologne for over 5 years now...

So, i have googled around and have found this website as a check - How to Tell Fake Cologne | eHow.com

I then decided to Youtube Fake 212 and found this -

I then decided to do my own check on this perfume and compare it to the original that i have and below are my finding... You Decide? Most importntly the smell is COMPLETELY different.

Below: Difference in Clear indentation?

Photo1.jpg

Below: Different Bottom?

Photo2.jpg

Below: The sprayer cap is different in size and higher

Photo3.jpg

Below: Different inside plastic, Different magnet, different colour of liquid

Photo4.jpg

Below: Difference in bottle design, different liquid colour

Photo5.jpg

brands online

Sellers like this should be blacklisted, questions asked later...

buyitSigned

I have emailed the seller advising him of this thread - this was the email he had sent me....

email1.jpg

But then see his Q&A

qa.jpg

So after having given the guy a negative rating, this morning i discovered i had been given a negative rating in return saying i need reading glasses. Sellers like this should be banned from bidorbuy period!

rate.jpg

dhunter

Please read in writing on the ad clearly state s DEFECTS thats why at reduced rates

Please read the highlighted wording,

!!!LETS BRING THIS TO YOUR ATTENTION!!!

All fragrance are 100% Orignal slight defects on bottles( not all )cant sell at retail in shopping malls, Factory discounted because of rejects but in orignal bottles packaged 100% in its orignal box and sealed

As per your ad I CLEARLY SAID CAN’T GARRENTIY FRAGRANCE!

The question wasn’t from you anyway on 212 was for a different fragrance

Item Purchased in Question: Fragrances for Him - FRAGRANCE @ WHOLESALE 212-MENS 100ml was sold for R300.00 on 16 Mar at 19:01 by dhunter in Durban (ID:34481019)

Seller in Question: Items for sale from dhunter on bidorbuy.co.za

Hi Guys,

Just thought i would bring to your attention that i have today received a cologne that i have purchased on Bidorbuy and from the minute i had opened the parcel something just did not look right. now i have been using this Cologne for over 5 years now...

So, i have googled around and have found this website as a check - How to Tell Fake Cologne | eHow.com

I then decided to Youtube Fake 212 and found this -

I then decided to do my own check on this perfume and compare it to the original that i have and below are my finding... You Decide? Most importntly the smell is COMPLETELY different.

Below: Difference in Clear indentation?

Photo1.jpg

Below: Different Bottom?

Photo2.jpg

Below: The sprayer cap is different in size and higher

Photo3.jpg

Below: Different inside plastic, Different magnet, different colour of liquid

Photo4.jpg

Below: Difference in bottle design, different liquid colour

Photo5.jpg

buyitSigned

Sure, i am fully aware that it states "defect". In the dictionary the meaning of "defect" is:

“a shortcoming, fault, or imperfection: a defect in an argument; a defect in a machine.”

At the end of the day, the item is fake. a defected cologne or perfume would be an original but would have scratches or dents on its casing.

Wild Olive Art

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Buyitsigned !! . It can be noted that the fragrance in the " fake" bottle is a completely different colour to the original. One would resume that if the fragrance was indeed authentic , it would be the same colour. That aside , the packaging is substantially different from the original. It is quite clear that this is not just a " defect " on the bottle.

I have long been sceptical about buying fragrance off the site and will now refrain. I would rather pay the price in retail stores and know I am getting the real deal .

I hope you have reported this to community watch.

LikeNeedWant

A bit rich of the Seller to suggest you get reading glasses. He states that the question regarding the authenticity of the fragrances was related to another fragrance and not to 212. YET, his response is ALL fragrances are 100% original. All is ALL, not some, most or this specific one, so maybe he should re-look his wording?

Anyway, he an plenty other sellers will have to re-look their 'business strategy', if they haven't already done so. From Friday onwards:

Disclosure of reconditioned or gray market goods

25. (1) A person who offers or agrees to supply, or supplies, any goods that—

(a) have been reconditioned, rebuilt or remade; and

(b) that bear the trade mark of the original producer or supplier, must apply a conspicuous notice to those goods stating clearly that they have been

reconditioned, rebuilt or remade, as the case may be.

(2) A person who markets any goods that bear a trade mark, but have been imported without the approval or licence of the registered owner of that trade mark, must apply a conspicuous notice to those goods in the prescribed manner and form.

To say one cannot guarantee the fragrance(s) will not suffice.