Sign in to follow this  
bekka87266

Buy now and pay a month later??? What?

bekka87266    10
bekka87266

Got this woman placing an order today and she first altered my shipping cost (should've been R45) to R15, and then she paid half the amount only.

She then sends me an email to say that she will complete the second half by the end of April.... :twisted:

The stuff is only R174 after all, I don't even know if the system allows this?

Has anyone been through this kind of situation? What do I do?

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

I think it's a cheek .

I have in the past had buyers request that they pay at month end - which I usually have no problem with but a seller just assuming that this would be acceptable would get my back up.

I would email her and make it clear that firstly she still owes on shipping and secondly that part payment is not part of your terms.

brands online    10
brands online

Hi bekka87266,

The only thing you can do is decide if you're willing to keep it for so long. It's a sad situation, but happens ever so often with us too. If you choose not to keep it for so long, you can file a SNC now and refund the buyer less your costs, banking charges, listing fees etc. I think that's fair. Of course, that would mean having to re-list the item all over again. Seeing that the buyer has paid in part, chances are they will complete the payment. Lots of people have unforeseen financial difficulties too. Hope that helps somewhat.

wayjen    10
wayjen

It's not the first time buyers dictate the terms and conditions of a sale and that must not be allowed. You can discuss the matter but letting them dictate how you do business is wrong.

bitesize    10
bitesize

i've had buyers do that after they placed the order, although they didn't make a payment just stated they wanted to pay later. you sit in an awkward position because you want to keep the buyer happy but put yourself out. in my opinion, being a seller is like any other company; they give the buyer a certain number of days to pay or cancel the order. perhaps we should start doing that. if it states clearly that they must pay the full amount within a number of days, and they didn't ask you beforehand, then they must either follow the rules or not buy at all.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I've just received an mail from the buyer who bought this ring on 26 March.**IMPRESSIVE**Two-Tone Wedding Ring**0.75ct**. No questions received during the auction. Winning email sent 28 March and now this....

Hi there,i will like to know it is possible for to pay the money by the time am back in South Africa by 25 April 2011'cos am outside the country for now.

Thanks,

Ige OI

bekka87266    10
bekka87266

Thanks everybody for your kind suggestions!!

I kinda told this lady that I will NOT dispatch if she doesn't pay in full and can't garantee that her stock will still be available by the time she pays and she should've enquired first if she could not make full payment in time.

Then she threw me a question of this:

Do i as a customer get some kind of assurance that i will receive the promised item as it was advertised on BOB?

:evil:

WHY oh WHY do you click the big blue buy button if you have doubts??

And yeah,I would, by bad personal experience, never ever believe that a buyer is on trip or overseas etc... ever again.

The last time a buyer ever said that to me, disappeared and didn't even reply his/her SNC:smile1:

kebs    10
kebs

You can also refer her to 1.19 in Listing Policy. Lay-bys, which is what she basically wants, are not allowed.. "1.19. Sellers may not offer lay-by's as a payment option to Buyers". Admittedly it says it may not be offered in the listing, but it may help your case if she knows it's against the rules.. The least she could have done was to ask first!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

It's the new buyers who seem to be taking more and more chances with things lately! I cringe when a newbie bids on one of my items - most of the times everything turns out fine but they do need "babying" along the whole process and it can become quite tiresome. Still, I work on the principle that once upon a time we were all new buyers so everyone deserves a chance.

What breaks my heart is having to file a SNC against a buyer who has 100% positive ratings and yet defaults with me. But, sometimes, this has to be done and the buyer advised right out that the item is no longer available to them and has been re-listed/sold.

bekka87266    10
bekka87266

I normally do hold hopes very high up that every bid I get goes smoothly, but just these two days I've been having a string of customers looking for extended payments and taking chances altering my shipping costs.

And then I had an order placed from a buyer who's got 3 purchases in 2 years time, of which 2 of them was SNC cases...

So yeah...

And I seriously hope that Bidorbuy can maybe load a tutorial video or a online session or soemthing for the whole aftersale process.

I get mostly new users that had never purchased before and requires me actually phoning them to take them through, step-by-step, the entire payment process.

It's long and exhausting, and I'm seriously considering making myself a graphic tutorial of this....

kebs    10
kebs

It's long and exhausting, and I'm seriously considering making myself a graphic tutorial of this....

You could sell it on BoB! I'll definitely buy!! :wink:

bekka87266    10
bekka87266

will do it somer tonight xD