Sign in to follow this  
brentpp

Excessive Postage is this ethical?

Seeds for Africa

You called Sire ? :ninja:

Who you going to shoot admin? I know who I would like to (hypothetically speaking)!!!:biggrin:

mellowred
....... if that doesn't work, then we "shoot to kill" and ask questions after.

Kind regards

Cuan

Sheess ... I imagined that after having a break from the forum for a while I'd get back to a nice happy gathering :wondering:

But I am pleased that everyone is soooo well mannered :cool::biggrin:

booksallsizes

Yay!!! Mellow's back!!

Guest Guest
Yay!!! Mellow's back!!

Come-come now! You-all behave now... I'm trying to write something... Keep the thread open!

PS LOL - keep calm people!

Guest Guest
Hi Edmund

So you will have to forgive me for being agitated - it does become quite monotonous ...:angel:.

Kind regards

Cuan

(Hello) Cuan! I just love how you put it...! (Listen, you are clearly and surely well educated... (Hey!! It is not critique!) Your avatar is a "let's fool the Philistines" cowcatcher to me... I LOVE it! ) [[LOL!]]

What I truly read is: "There is constantly smoke..., there MUST be a damn fire..." What you smell is not some but, plenty of your own banknotes..., smoldering quietly away into the bank account of the one who smokes BOB honey bees... Big time...

Sincere regards

Edmund.... [May I? :angel: ( Inspired by; Storminacu... Bullshi... NO! Cuan gave me wings! ~ I honestly grin now...~ )]

qball

Hi Edmund

The problem is that it's not the seller who creates the fire, it's others who do not have access to facts, details and proof. It is merely an opinion, a suspicion, and that is why the forum is often used to spread rumours, discredit others etc. which we don't tolerate as you may have noticed. So far the seller has provided me with photo's, documentation and very long, detailed emails regarding their costs, all of which to a reasonable person would seem reasonable and plausible. Just because an item sells for R1 (determined by the bidder, not the seller) and then charges R175 for shipping (the large bulk of which can be justified), then we cannot continue harping on with this issue. I have now spent 2 days investigating this, with little or no reason to think the seller is trying to hoodwink us out of a few Rands. The shipping options include an expedited shipping facility - i.o.w. you pay more to get the item redirected to you quicker - the only way to do this is to use third parties to pick, dispatch and send items using a variety of methods including Speed Services and couriers. As I said, if you're not happy paying R290 please do not bid on the item.

To be honest with you, at this stage we have no reason to believe the seller is unethical, dishonest or trying to scam anyone. We have also been given details of buyers who got items from overseas.

qball

Where have you been??? :whistling:

Seeds for Africa

I have been following this and other threads along the lines of overcharging on shipping. I am absolutely amazed that when bob give a logical, clear and concise explanation, that members continue to harp on about the issue ... and yes using bizarre comparisons like murder as is the case in this thread. I personally just avoid a seller if their charges are not to my liking.... isnt that what we should all do? In the event that you believe a seller is overcharging, sure report it, let bob respond and thats where it should end. I am dead against overcharging as it leaves a sour taste in the mouth and could put new buyers off forever and then nobody wins, but i dont see any sense in carrying on about it after bob have investigated it and they are satisfied with the results of their investigation. I note Cuans comments

So you will have to forgive me for being agitated - it does become quite monotonous and pain staking to continually address these issues. I am not aware of many other companies who engage is this much dialogue with their customers - so sometimes we are allowed to have a bad day on the odd occasion:angel:.

Kind regards

Cuan

Who on earth of us that run our own businesses allow customers to question us like we question bidorbuy? I am not waving the bidorbuy supporters flag here but I really think that at times people push the limit with bob. By all means have your say but when bob have responded drop it. Think about this. Is it in bobs interest for people to profit on shipping? No, because bob do not earn a success fee on shipping. I am certain that bob would rather see fair shipping costs and higher prices on the goods being sold as they get paid the success fee on the final price.

I believe in customer service excellence and bob do go the extra mile to achieve this. I dont envy Cuan - as I am not sure I or many of us would continue to put up with responding to the same thing over and over again.

Hey... you may not agree with me and thats fine. But thats my opinion!

Thanks

Grant

PS

Adding on to what Cuan said - I do not believe ANY OTHER COMPANY in SA actually engages in this much dialogue with there customers. If I am wrong I would love to know the names of such companies!

Edited by Seeds for Africa
Added

qball
I have been following this and other threads along the lines of overcharging on shipping. I am absolutely amazed that when bob give a logical, clear and concise explanation, that members continue to harp on about the issue ... and yes using bizarre comparisons like murder as is the case in this thread. I personally just avoid a seller if their charges are not to my liking.... isnt that what we should all do? In the event that you believe a seller is overcharging, sure report it, let bob respond and thats where it should end. I am dead against overcharging as it leaves a sour taste in the mouth and could put new buyers off forever and then nobody wins, but i dont see any sense in carrying on about it after bob have investigated it and they are satisfied with the results of their investigation. I note Cuans comments

Who on earth of us that run our own businesses allow customers to question us like we question bidorbuy? I am not waving the bidorbuy supporters flag here but I really think that at times people push the limit with bob. By all means have your say but when bob have responded drop it. Think about this. Is it in bobs interest for people to profit on shipping? No, because bob do not earn a success fee on shipping. I am certain that bob would rather see fair shipping costs and higher prices on the goods being sold as they get paid the success fee on the final price.

I believe in customer service excellence and bob do go the extra mile to achieve this. I dont envy Cuan - as I am not sure I or many of us would continue to put up with responding to the same thing over and over again.

Thanks

Grant

PS

Adding on to what Cuan said - I do not believe ANY OTHER COMPANY in SA actually engages in this much dialogue with there customers. If I am wrong I would love to know the names of such companies!

Thank you Grant! Music to my ears. :biggrin:

Guest Guest

Just and only saw Cuan's grinning letter; after I posted this letter - a string orchestra I tell you people!!

I am absolutely amazed that when bob give a logical, clear and concise explanation, that members continue to harp on about the issue ...

Thanks

Grant

PS

On a lighter note... Well-now grand piano, you are really not playing anything new yourself... Are you a seller? Waiting to get the green light to sell R1 goodies, starting at R301? ~Ponders...~

Ag no man...! Comparing other companies to BOB?! Are you for real? Where do one begin...? Ok, can Pick and Pay blacklist me? Can they sell bread for R110 - standerd delivery and R200 rand and blame it on inbound super dooper airmail from Cape town to Pofadder? etc. etc. etc.

Trust me..., you aint seen nothing yet. Put a wet leather belt on those bloomers of yours...

I'm tired.

PS Sorry Cuan. Wip me! (Softly...)

Edited by Edmund1000
I came and just saw... + Added an "n"

Guest Guest
Hi Edmund

The problem is that it's not the seller who creates the fire, it's others who do not have access to facts, details and proof. It is merely an opinion, a suspicion, and that is why the forum is often used to spread rumours, discredit others etc. which we don't tolerate as you may have noticed.......

To be honest with you, at this stage we have no reason to believe the seller is unethical, dishonest or trying to scam anyone. We have also been given details of buyers who got items from overseas.

Hi Cuan,

Thank you... I am up to my ears with emergencies I have to attent to at the moment... (Industrial etc. Nothing scary. LOL.) I'm still writing a "reply" to your previous letter... Sorry for the delay.

I truly take note to what you say and I shall not question your integrity. You are either very honest or a scallywag... I trust you integrity as a good , neutral BOB guard. Say that with a big grin... (Some easygoing theatrics may lighten the dark smoke hanging in this thread...)

Now, where are the ducks...

qball

Ok, before I start "whipping" people into shape... I think we're at end the end of this discussion... :awesome:

Seeds for Africa
Just and only saw Cuan's grinning letter; after I posted this letter - a string orchestra I tell you people!!

On a lighter note... Well-now grand piano, you are really not playing anything new yourself... Are you a seller? Waiting to get the green light to sell R1 goodies, starting at R301? ~Ponders...~

Ag no man...! Comparing other companies to BOB?! Are you for real? Where do one begin...? Ok, can Pick and Pay blacklist me? Can they sell bread for R110 - standerd delivery and R200 rand and blame it on inbound super dooper airmail from Cape town to Pofadder? etc. etc. etc.

Trust me..., you aint see nothing yet. Put a wet leather belt on those bloomers of yours...

I'm tired.

PS Sorry Cuan. Wip me! (Softly...)

Edmund. My charges for shipping are free to be looked over by bob at any time! You are beginning to get personal here.... what am I playing? Your insinuations are not appreciated, nor are your nonsensical comments. Sorry, I am a bit slow here... I dont always understand what it is that you are saying. What does - "Trust me..., you aint see nothing yet. Put a wet leather belt on those bloomers of yours..." mean?

Guest Guest
I think we're at end the end of this discussion... :awesome:

Welcome to the " My Famous last words..." club. ~Winks~

Guest Guest
Sorry, I am a bit slow here...

Hi... Had a very rough day, just came back.

But back to you quickly... You, are just too sweet for words tonight... I'm as said, busy with my first question...,s. Caun and a Ninja BOB-mama are having a ball currently... Slowly jiving on the tune of "Whip his ass" (Also known as "Trying to ride the wild donkey.")

Gamu, be strong now OK?

qball

Right guys, as I said I think this topic has run it's course. Whilst we all enjoy a good debate, there is a time to stop posting. The thread will be closed now. Less theatrics, more relevant comments.

Thank you