Sign in to follow this  
Pathway

Order placed after SNC and re-listing?

Pathway    10
Pathway

Help! What do I do?

Somebody bid on an item, and never placed the order. After 7 days I filed a SNC. After 7 more days, I relisted the item.

Suddenly, the buyer has placed the order (not paid, though).

What have I done wrong? Should I have blocked the buyer? I didn't think this could happen.:oops:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I had a similar situation but my buyer actually paid (eventually - when I had already sold the item to someone else!). I refunded him less the R16.50 cash deposit fee and less my bank charges for doing the transfer. I haven't blocked him as his ratings are good but I have warned him to be more in contact with sellers when he has a problem! Hopefully he's learnt his lesson. At least we are both happy now.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals
Help! What do I do?

Somebody bid on an item, and never placed the order. After 7 days I filed a SNC. After 7 more days, I relisted the item.

Suddenly, the buyer has placed the order (not paid, though).

What have I done wrong? Should I have blocked the buyer? I didn't think this could happen.:oops:

Hi oo la la

Yes, the only way to stop someone from buying from you again is to block them.

bitesize    10
bitesize

inform them that as they failed to respond to the snc and the item was re-listed it is therefore not available. tell them not to make payment and that if payment is made they will be refunded less bank charges. if their rating isn't very good block them.

Splendid Things    10
Splendid Things

How do you block someone? Just asking for future reference :)

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

You can only block someone if they have won a bid or placed an order.

If you look on your sales page on the order details, you will see a link saying "Block Buyer" just under the address details and telephone number of the buyer which are on the left hand side of the page. Once you click on the link, you will be asked to confirm that you want the buyer blocked.

I only block when I file an SNC or if the buyer was abusive, which luckily doesn't happen very often

Splendid Things    10
Splendid Things

Thank you Tananka. :)