Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Retracting SNC's

Seeds for Africa

Hi.

Just a heads up to anyone who who think's about retracting an snc on the basis that a buyer has promised to pay. I honestly did not know that if an snc was retracted, that it cannot be reinstated again. I had an instance where a buyer sent me a sob story as to why they hadnt been able to pay (it was a genuine reason, or so I thought). They promised to pay, and I retracted the snc. The payment never came. I then went to reinstae the snc and realised I coudnt. I contacted Bob (hello@bob) and they suggested that I contact billing@bob who would be able to help me. Sadly not. I am not convinced this is fair (okay, the amount is minimal, but there is a principal here).

In a nutshell this is just a warning to anyone who doesnt already know that a snc cannot be reinstated once withdrawn.

Thanks

Vinyl Lady Decals

The other problem is also that the buyer can then rate you negatively and you can't do much about it.

I learnt this the hard way which is why I consider the sale cancelled once I file an SNC.

I don't accept payment or withdraw the SNC.

Seeds for Africa
The other problem is also that the buyer can then rate you negatively and you can't do much about it.

I learnt this the hard way which is why I consider the sale cancelled once I file an SNC.

I don't accept payment or withdraw the SNC.

I have rated the seller positively out of fear of a negative. It's just not right! :sad:

wayjen

oh very interesting indeed because I just got a call from a buyer, who we filed and SNC against, and he told me a story which sounds plausible and that he still wants his items. I wonder if the same might happen here.

Seeds for Africa
oh very interesting indeed because I just got a call from a buyer, who we filed and SNC against, and he told me a story which sounds plausible and that he still wants his items. I wonder if the same might happen here.

Just don't retract it till they have completed the sale. In a way I am inclined to go with what Angela says, and to cancel the sale in fear of neg's

Grant